http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 03:58:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Movie]Vacation  (Read 502 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »

I thought perhaps we already had a topic on this,but can't seem to find it,no doubt CK will find it for me disgust

Anyway,Yup,they are starting up the Vacation movies again

This time it will feature Rusty Griswold all grown up and played by Ed Helms(The U.S. Office/Hangover films)

They are hoping to get the original cast in,for what i would guess would be supporting roles/cameos

Den Of Geek
Whilst promoting the upcoming The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, screenwriters John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein have been chatting about the progress of the National Lampoon's Vacation reboot/sequels that the pair is working on. They're set to write and direct the new film, and John Francis Daley confirmed to Collider that  “we're shooting in Atlanta and New Mexico.”

Jonathan Goldstein added that “Rusty Griswold is grown-up, and that's Ed Helms. We're casting the other parts now and it's pretty exciting. I mean we've been directing shorts together, but this is our first feature. When we wrote the script we didn't know we'd be directing and New Line said 'do you wanna pitch yourselves to direct it'” and we were like “you bet!”

So: are there plans to bring any of the original cast back? Turns out there is. "We're in the process of having those conversations", Goldstein revealed. Chevy Chase's agent better sit by the phone, then.

Whether or not people actually wanted another instalment of the Vacation franchise, it was inevitable really. Fingers crossed that it turns out to be a worthwhile exercise and deliver the laughs.

Here is Ed Helms IMDB,where it says the film is just called Vacation,and currently on there it has a 2014 release
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1159180/

I think the name 'Vacation' would be best,instead of trying to come up with another title with 'National Lampoons' and 'Vacation' in the title,('National Lampoons New Vacation' or 'New Vacation' has been thrown around) the last Vacation film was just called Vegas Vacation(not including that 'short/commercial/whatever it was' they filmed a year or two ago)

I never did watch Christmas Vacation 2:Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure(and don't really want to)

Surprisingly i am interested in seeing this,or at least how it turns out...sure it wont be as good as the first 3 Vacation films,but still..

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 04:12:06 PM »

I'm all over the place on this one.

I've grown very tired of Ed Helms.  OTOH, he is absolutely perfect for a grown-up Rusty.

Fuck Chevy Chase.  OTOH, Vacation may be the best thing he ever did. 

I love Vacation.  OTOH, do we need to reboot it?

John Francis Daley was the kid in Freaks & Geeks and is on Bones now.  He also wrote Horrible Bosses, which I enjoyed.  OTOH, he wrote Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, which apart from having a Tacodile, looks like it could be lame.  And Burt Wonderstone does look lame.  Very lame.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 05:41:25 PM »

Oh,you don't like Chevy Chase?..is this an 'in thing' kinda thing?..as he is one of my Childhood heroes

EDIT: actually I just remembered that there was some sort of Racist story featuring him a few months back(i didn't really read into it),is it because of that?

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 09, 2013, 05:41:25 PM

Oh,you don't like Chevy Chase?..is this an 'in thing' kinda thing?..as he is one of my Childhood heroes

EDIT: actually I just remembered that there was some sort of Racist story featuring him a few months back(i didn't really read into it),is it because of that?

Yeah, I loved Chevy Chase movies as well (Vacation, Fletch, Spies Like Us, etc) but there always seem to be accusations of him being a dick in real life.

As for this Vacation continuation/reboot, well, I guess I'm surprised it took Hollywood this long to do it.  Hopefully it's good, but my expectations are very, very low.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 06:20:38 PM »

I was a huge fan of Chevy as a kid.

I was still a bit of a reluctant fan when I read Live From New York with its repeated reports of staggering dickishness.

I was a fan again when he seemed humble and willing at the start of Community.

I grew less fannish over the course of that show.

He then basically killed it, and I hate him.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »

I don't really think Rusty when I look at Ed Helms. At least not Anthony Michael Hall or the guy from European Vacation. Can't remember who played him in Christmas Vacation.

I couldn't believe so many of them wanted to do that Old Navy commercial.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 11:31:45 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 09, 2013, 06:39:02 PM

I don't really think Rusty when I look at Ed Helms. At least not Anthony Michael Hall or the guy from European Vacation. Can't remember who played him in Christmas Vacation.

And Audrey was Juliette Lewis...I had a crazy crush on her

That's heartbreaking about Chevy Chase,they say don't meet your heroes,I bloody wont now!!...i wish it was still the 80s ...and i'll take some 70's SNL as well with 'The Fall' sketches and i could live in ignorance icon_cry

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 11:50:42 PM »

I didn't realize (or forgot) that European Vacation Audrey died.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 12:06:14 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 09, 2013, 11:50:42 PM

I didn't realize (or forgot) that European Vacation Audrey died.

Oh,really?..now i feel bad for hating her

just looked up her IMDb,her diabetes stunted her growth so she always appeared to be a teenager...she was 21 years old when she appeared in European Vacation!!

WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 01:59:55 AM »

nope, no thanks. Vacation is just fine as is, I have no interest in an update.

I wish they would make new movies rather than trying to update my childhood.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 02:41:37 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 09, 2013, 04:12:06 PM

And Burt Wonderstone does look lame.  Very lame.

I don't know.  I'm undecided on this one.  It SHOULD be a disaster, but I really like Steve Carell...and Jim Carrey can be funny when he's not either overdoing the stupid or being pretentiously dramatic.  It may turn out to be another Anchorman...although the odds are heavily against it without the cast that film had.

Honestly, this is a weird time for comedies...and especially remakes.  A film that by all rights should have been a disaster was 21 Jump Street, but that turned out to be one of the better comedies of the year.  

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 04:19:59 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 10, 2013, 02:41:37 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 09, 2013, 04:12:06 PM

And Burt Wonderstone does look lame.  Very lame.

I don't know.  I'm undecided on this one.  It SHOULD be a disaster, but I really like Steve Carell...and Jim Carrey can be funny when he's not either overdoing the stupid or being pretentiously dramatic.  It may turn out to be another Anchorman...although the odds are heavily against it without the cast that film had.

Honestly, this is a weird time for comedies...and especially remakes.  A film that by all rights should have been a disaster was 21 Jump Street, but that turned out to be one of the better comedies of the year.  

Everything you're saying about Burt Wonderstone is how I was feeling before I saw the trailer and commercials.  Now?  Lame.

I agree that 21 Jump Street was fantastic and as I mentioned earlier, there are elements that seem interesting for a new Vacation.  Also, it's not like making a comedy about the perils of a family vacation is hallowed ground.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 10, 2013, 04:19:59 PM

Everything you're saying about Burt Wonderstone is how I was feeling before I saw the trailer and commercials.  Now?  Lame.

You'll excuse me if I take your critiques on film trailers with a whole lot of skepticism.  

Tongue  icon_lol

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »

I will back up Bullwinkle and say that the trailers for Burt Wonderstone completely removed any desire to see it.  I will go so far as to predict < 25% on Rotten Tomatoes.  Tongue

Sandwiches do fix everything.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »

Oh, I know it could prove to be monumentally awful.  I just like teasin' Bullwinkle about Movie 43.   icon_wink

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 09:47:53 PM »

Hell, I don't trust my own opinions on movie trailers any more.

I will say that while a good trailer does not equal a good movie, a bad trailer almost certainly points to a bad film.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 02:04:29 PM »

Den Of Geek

in spite of apparently attracting Chevy Chase back to reprise the role of Griswold Senior, Warner Bros has put the brakes on the project. It doesn't appear that it's been canned, but The Hollywood Reporter is citing "creative differences" as the reason why the pause button has been pressed.

We don't know who the differences are between, but it does seem that the point of disagreement is over whether to go for an R-rated comedy, or a broader PG-13 cut.

The film was set to go before the cameras in July, with John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein set to direct, having penned the screenplay. Ed Helms remains aboard the project, as is Christina Applegate.

How long will the delay be? According to the report, "only a few months" or "later this year". It doesn't sound like the project is going to get shut down, rather that it's going to be retooled a little. More on it as we hear it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: