http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 03:20:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Movie]Unbreakable 2?  (Read 686 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2013, 07:44:38 PM »

Okay first things first,let me say i am not a fan of M Night Shyamalan,i find his films overrated and i hate how i have to copy and paste his name from articles instead of knowing out right how to spell his last name nod

"You better not be jacking off to the Japanese comics, I swear to God"

That goes for all his films...except Unbreakable(and The Village was so-so on second viewing),I really liked this film and consider it ..the director's disgust...best film,even though its an odd film,strange soundtrack and very quiet,but i loved how it was the birth of a superhero and not the usual massive special effects bonanza we usually get from superhero films,it was something different for me who loves Superhero films..and slightly more believable superhero as well(okay,still far fetched i guess,but you know what i mean)

Anyway,an interview with The Huffington Post to go with his newly released film 'After Earth'(don't fancy that either) he says this:

There's been talk of an "Unbreakable" sequel for a long time.
Yeah.

Samuel L. Jackson seems to want to do it. I saw you two talking on Twitter.
It's a harder one for me because -- it's getting closer, by the way.

I feel like I've heard that for the past 10 years. I want that to be true.
I want it to happen, too. We've been talking about almost the same subject in every one of your questions, which is artistic integrity -- something versus an agenda. Right? And almost every single one of your questions was agenda versus intention, even though you didn't realize it, but it kind of fell into that theme as we were talking.

Agenda how?
So, like you think I go and I write, "Oh, I'm going to write a twist ending."

I didn't know. That's why I asked.
That's an agenda versus "I want to talk about loneliness." And then it comes out, "How is the best way to talk about loneliness?" Intention versus agenda. And then I go, "Oh my God, if I make a movie about loneliness and everybody hated it, will it be able to come out and people will get it?" That's when you start going, "Oh my God," and you try to push that away. The same thing with "Unbreakable," to some extent, it's excitement to be made. "It's such a fun thing" is squashing my ability to find the thing that's connecting me with it. Does that make sense? So, I don't feel like I did it for agenda reasons. So, slowly I'm getting a story in my head that I feel like is able to tell what I'm feeling right now.

For people who like that movie, it sounds encouraging.
Yeah, it is! The story of a guy who kind of wakes up with a little gray feeling in the morning, I love that character. It's something that I feel and I want to talk more about that character.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 07:57:04 PM »

Good luck following After Earth, The Happening and The Last Airbender.  I'll be surprised if M. Night is asked to film a school play let alone make another film in Hollywood.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »

Tarantino speaks about Unbreakable
and I agree with him.

It doesn't matter whether his last 3 movies have been "good". All that matters is that they make money. "Lady in the Water" broke even. "After Earth" might do that or a little worse depending on the international ticket sales. All of his other movies have been extremely profitable, making hundreds of millions of dollars.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on June 03, 2013, 09:00:44 PM

M.Night shlamalama ding dong  icon_lol

good view of the film though,i didn't look at it that way
Spoiler for Hiden:
(what if Superman was on earth and didn't know he was Superman)

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:47:28 PM »

I agree with you about Unbreakable being M. Night's best film.  I can see why it doesn't click with everyone, but to me it's really great with genuine surprises that don't ruin the rest of the film (or elevate it either - Sixth Sense knows who I'm talking about) because it's all in the characters.

Also, I later moved into the same neighborhood as the kid from that movie.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 01:16:43 AM »

I really liked Unbreakable and agree it's easily Shy ding dong's best film.

I've always wondered where a sequel would go. I would be tentatively in for this one.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 01:18:25 AM »

Maybe i need to go back and re-watch it, but I was bored out of my mind during Unbreakable. I thought it was terrible.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 02:31:06 AM »

It's not what you would expect from a film ostensibly about a superhero.  It's both tragic and inspirational at times.  I absolutely love it and would kill for a sequel.  But I'm also afraid it would be ruined for me if I learned more about this character.  Sometimes it's best to leave something special alone and not add to what made it special. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 02:36:05 AM »

Sixth Sense will always be my favorite of his, as I loved the atmosphere of the film, and it actually scard me in a couple of spots, which rarely happens anymore. I enjoyed Unbreakable, but I wouldn't trust Shymalan to film a child's birthday party, much less a sequel.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 04:40:35 AM »

I guess I need to go re-watch Unbreakable.  I haven't seen it since it first hit DVD but I don't recall it being that great.  I'd be interested to see what I think now, 10 years (?) later.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 06:59:26 AM »

Unbreakable is one of my favorite movies - Such a great performance by everyone, and its filmed perfectly, setting the mood very effectively. I enjoyed it very much, even though not many people I know say the same.

A new one
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »

Unbreakable is one of my favorite movies. It can definitely be slow at times, but I loved the take on the story and the emotions throughout.  Was quite sad to find out it was an origins for something we will likely never see again
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »

I have a feeling that a sequel would be so bad that it would make you like the original less.  Be careful what you wish for. 
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 02:35:53 PM »

The worse thing that happened Shyamalan.. was Hollywood. I'm of the opinion he should be stripped bare of his studio-filmmaking budgets and forced back to modest or indie films. Only then, you'll see another good film from him. I've not bothered to watch any of his films since 'Lady In The Water'. I had it with his pretentiousness right there and then.

Yeah, 'Unbreakable' is a masterpiece. I agree with Tarantino on that one.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »

I am quite surprised by everyone's comments,i actually thought i was one of the few who liked this with everyone else opting for Sixth Sense or Signs

Now i have had time to think about this,coupled with your comments and definitely influenced by what Tarantino said,i don't think i want a sequel now....M.Night would probably have Bruce Willis learning to fly or something

Lady in the Water is on BBC1 tonight,i don't think i will watch it(even though i am crazy in love with Bryce Dallas Howard..or at least when she was in The Village)

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 03:32:25 PM »

Bitch in the Pool is almost unwatchable due to M. Night's ego taking center stage in the story at one point.  You're not missing out if you skip it.  As a matter of fact, you're not missing out on anything if you skip everything he's done since Unbreakable...with the possible exception of Signs which is at least interesting at times.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 04, 2013, 03:32:25 PM

with the possible exception of Signs which is at least interesting at times.

Signs was good until the moment they showed the aliens, followed by the fact that aliens capable of interplanetary travel came naked to a planet filled with water. That's like humans invading a planet that has acid for oceans and it rains acid, but we bring no protection against said acid.

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »

See, I never understood why people had a problem with that. To use a slightly different analogy, it's like humans going to a planet where there is a substance that they've never known about that can kill them. Why would these aliens necessarily know about water? Perhaps their planet doesn't have any. If you're going to take umbrage with it, ask yourself why the aliens are able to walk around at all, considering all of the water vapor in the air?

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 06:35:53 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on June 04, 2013, 04:06:30 PM

why the aliens are able to walk around at all, considering all of the water vapor in the air?

Yes, exactly my point. I have high expectations for any species capable of interstellar travel. Wouldn't they do some research about a planet before invading? I can't imagine we would make all the effort to explore a planet without finding out if it rains acid. Water is not a secret substance only found on Earth.

McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 07:00:56 PM »

Weren't they responsible for the crop circles that had been on the planet for decades?  They had been here long enough to notice the water.

Still, I'm the king of nitpicking and even I liked Signs.  Hell, I even liked The Village.  I hated everything since and don't think he's got another good movie idea in him. 
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 07:26:07 PM »

Wasn't the point of Signs that these weren't aliens, but actually were demons in a sort of Biblical judgment day?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 07:48:32 PM »

Once you realize that the aliens in Signs came here on what is essentially a Short Bus, it makes sense.  They came here without any knowledge of Earth, they ruined their clothes in the wash after leaving pens in their pockets and decided to just go al fresco, they like to draw...hence the crop circles, and they weren't allowed to use any alien firearms because they can't legally own any.  

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 04, 2013, 07:48:32 PM

they weren't allowed to use any alien firearms because they can't legally own any.  

Fraking Democrats. Ruining world invasions since November 30, 1993.

One of the funniest movie parodies of all time.

"Tom, I'll need a ride home."  icon_lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: