http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 05:24:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Movie]Thor:The Dark World  (Read 5188 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2013, 08:57:19 PM »

I didn't know there was a movie coming out next year called Captain America and the Winter Soldier.  You make it sound like a buddy flick when you mess up the title like that.

I enjoyed Thor: The Dark World, but I definitely liked the first one better.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2013, 10:22:09 PM »

My mom and I caught Thor: The Dark World this afternoon and quite loved it. Is it stupid at times, ridiculous, preposterous, throwing so much of the kitchen sink at you, you can hardly understand what the hell is going on? Yes, but great dumb fun imho.  icon_smile I think it's a hundred times more fun than the first Thor, but not necessarily a better movie, if that makes any sense.

And I loved the 5 minutes from the Captain America: The Winter Soldier film, and the vastly expanded theatrical trailer. The 5 minutes is from:
Spoiler for Hiden:
the elevator scene, and I think maybe this whole sequence was shown at the most recent Comic Con.
Lots of humor in this Thor but it still takes the character and stuff seriously. Some of the joke lines didn't land with our audience, but many did.

And hey Chuck fans get to both enjoy Zach Levi (Fandral), and Yvonne Strahovski in a trailer for.... the movie's name escapes me. We saw it on a Regal RPX screen and I think the 200 decibels blew away my memory! icon_smile

Of course Thor: the Dark World has a post credits sequence:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I found the sequence too inscrutable. I didn't recognize the collector character, and couldn't figure out if it was some sort of lead in to Guardians of the Galaxy or what. Can someone clue me in, in spoiler codes?  icon_smile

As far as Loki in this, I loved Hiddleston's performance in limited screen time, but...
Spoiler for Hiden:
but come ON -- if he can impersonate anyone and everything with no limitation, how am I ever supposed to take a scene in a Thor movie at face value? He's basically a Walking Deus Ex Machina: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deus%20ex%20machina
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:29:26 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »

Saw it yesterday and it was good.  The pacing seemed a bit off to me though and felt almost too frenetic at times.  While it wasnt quite at the Michael Bay level of action, it was definitely action packed.  The main villain was seemed more of a side note and frankly they could have run the whole plot line without him.  Thats not necesssarily a bad thing as it allowed them to focus more on Thors relationships with Loki and Jane.  Hiddleston is once again excellent as Loki and steals pretty much every scene he is in.  Overall its a good movie, its fun and fast paced.  Its packed with special effects and visually worth seeing on the big screen.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2013, 08:30:22 AM »

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $86,109,000      26.3%
+ Foreign:    $240,900,000      73.7%
= Worldwide:    $327,009,000   

In Release:    3 days / 0.4 weeks

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thor2.htm

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2013, 12:20:28 PM »

nicely done, better start that the original in the US.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 09, 2013, 10:22:09 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I found the sequence too inscrutable. I didn't recognize the collector character, and couldn't figure out if it was some sort of lead in to Guardians of the Galaxy or what. Can someone clue me in, in spoiler codes?  icon_smile

I agree with that, even as a longterm Marvel fan I had no idea what they were alluding to.  I thought it was a lead in for Ultron but Guardians sounds like it makes more sense.  Also I hope you did realize that was only the first post credits sequence...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Second one we get the big romantic (and comedic) payoff!!!!  Longshot but I hope we get to see the aftermath of that creature in SHIELD or Captain America.

Enjoyed the movie for the most part, not blown away but definitely had a good time.  Needed more Shirtless Hemsworth though, come on!!  He has got to be the hottest man alive.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2013, 09:52:34 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
I found the sequence too inscrutable. I didn't recognize the collector character, and couldn't figure out if it was some sort of lead in to Guardians of the Galaxy or what. Can someone clue me in, in spoiler codes?  icon_smile

Spoiler for Hiden:
he's supposedly the villain in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy

Because I can,
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2013, 01:52:29 AM »

As far as Loki in this, I loved Hiddleston's performance in limited screen time, but...
Spoiler for Hiden:
but come ON -- if he can impersonate anyone and everything with no limitation, how am I ever supposed to take a scene in a Thor movie at face value? He's basically a Walking Deus Ex Machina: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deus%20ex%20machina

Spoiler for Hiden:
Thor saw through his illusion when he visited Loki in jail. Why couldn't he see through him when Loki was on the throne?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 17, 2013, 01:52:29 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Thor saw through his illusion when he visited Loki in jail. Why couldn't he see through him when Loki was on the throne?
Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't think he truly saw through it in the jail, he just kind of assumed it because he knew his mothers death hit Loki harder than his illusion showed.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on November 17, 2013, 04:49:11 PM

Quote from: Moliere on November 17, 2013, 01:52:29 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't think he truly saw through it in the jail, he just kind of assumed it because he knew his mothers death hit Loki harder than his illusion showed.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Also since Loki clearly wanted out of his cell, its possible that he played on Thors emotions and wanted Thor to "see" through his ruse.   He knew he couldnt play off trust so he went with sympathy over a shared tragedy.  Thats kind of how Loki rolls.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2013, 10:57:23 PM »

well, it beat out the first one globally.  Not sure if it will do the same domestically.

Because I can,
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2013, 12:55:01 AM »

Saw it today, enjoyed it. My personal tastes wish that the sci-fi was toned down and the Myth/Magic was more. I miss the Mythic beings of the old comics too, so its my personal tastes on the current interpretation. If Dr. Strange is tied into this universe, then actual magic exists and so why not mythic gods?  Stan Lee, always a pleasure to pick him out in these.

Now, can someone explain the ending of the movie to me.. The throne room scene?
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »

I thought it was enjoyable enough while watching it but largely forgettable.  Itís definitely one of the weakest Marvel movies but still worth a look for the amusing banter between the characters.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: