http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 09:32:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Movie]Tarzan  (Read 852 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2012, 10:33:17 PM »

David Yates Commits to WB's Tarzan

When i think of Tarzan in the movies i think of the old Black and White films that were always shown in the summer holidays on TV when i was a kid with Cheater etc

Of course,Greystoke:The Legend Of Tarzan:Lord of the Apes in 1984 certainly needs a mention,i really think that film is spectacular with Christopher Lambert as Tarzan which takes things the more 'realistic' route for the man brought up by Apes

Casper Van Dien played the Ape man,in 1998s Tarzan and the Lost City,i think perhaps the less said about that the better

and then finally,Disney's 37th Animated Tarzan in 1999,which i also enjoyed Tongue

There have been loads of adaptations

anyway,that brings us up to today

David Yates who directed the last four Harry Potter movies is to take the helm of Warner's new Tarzan film

Edgar Rice Burroughs who wrote Tarzan,also wrote A Princess of Mars,which most will know became John Carter on the big screen earlier this year and did not do too well for Disney,Disney losing $200 million....but that does not seem to have put off Warner

no official mentioning of the cast yet,but there is this:(from the link above)
...but we hear that Yates is meeting with up-and-coming actors like Man of Steel's Henry Cavill, Pacific Rim headliner Charlie Hunnam, and True Blood's Alexander Skarsgård.

(We also hear that the studio is keen to get a meeting with Tom Hardy, who has put in his time on Warner Bros. blockbusters like The Dark Knight Rises and Inception, but less clear is whether Hardy shares the studio’s enthusiasm for that part.)

So,do you think Tarzan can make it in today's cinema?,I would probably like them to go the realistic route again..not sure if the Tarzan yelling while swinging on a vine would do it for today's audiences(well,it didn't work for me in Indiana Fucking Jones 4!!  icon_wink )

I bet its 3D!!..Tarzan's POV in 3D could actually be cool(but kill atmosphere now i think about it)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:49:20 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »

Christopher Waltz as the villain?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:24:30 PM »

Bah, if their going to make any Burroughs book series into a movie it should be the Mars books.

What's that? 

Oh, never mind.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »

I own the blu ray for John Carter and I do enjoy the film.  I just wish they'd cleaned up the story a bit before making it.  They strayed a bit too far from the source material plots...which were fine on their own considering how heavily so many other sci fi films have borrowed from those books.  I did like the fact that they kept it in the same time period and included quite a few things from the books.

Skaarskgard is a damn fine actor so I imagine he'll make the character believable.  And Waltz is always good.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »

Agree. The John Carter movie was actually pretty good. Really unfortunate what they did with the marketing. I had read the books so had an initial interest but after watching the trailers had zero interest of seeing it.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 09:48:45 PM »

Actually i got it wrong,The Princess of Mars,is not the same as Disney's John Carter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carter_(film)
Princess of Mars (retitled and re-released in 2012 as John Carter of Mars[1]) is a 2009 direct-to-DVD science fiction film made by American independent studio The Asylum, based on the 1912 novel A Princess of Mars by author Edgar Rice Burroughs. The film's promotional art makes mention of how the original story inspired some elements of James Cameron's Avatar. It is not to be confused with the higher-budget 2012 film John Carter, which is also an adaptation of the novel. In Europe, the film was released with the title The Martian Colony Wars.

sorry Tongue

okay nevermind,nothing to see here(read it wrong,LOL)  paranoid
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:58:39 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 10:42:26 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on September 27, 2013, 04:41:56 PM

Skaarskgard is a damn fine actor so I imagine he'll make the character believable.  And Waltz is always good.

maybe they can have Tarzan sunbathing on a mountain...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: