http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 08:10:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Superman: Man of Steel  (Read 16232 times)
Rowdy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 23, 2013, 02:32:12 AM »

While I thought the action was well done, somehow I don't think the public would welcome with open arms an alien being who
Spoiler for Hiden:
single handedly knocks down half of Metropolis.  How many people died as collateral damage while he was fighting with Zod, and when he was crashing spaceships into cities?  Somehow I don't think the world would be that forgiving of a being that they just found out about doing that kind of damage.  Metropolis looked like an atom bomb went off.  The destruction in Avengers with the friggin Hulk and an invading alien army was a lot more "realistic" for super heroes interested in actually saving people.  What happened to limiting collateral damage?  The level of destruction pulled me right out of the movie. 

Also, as someone else mentioned,
Spoiler for Hiden:
the bit with Pa Kent rather getting sucked up by a twister than have his super powered son try to save him was ridiculous.  Here's an idea - maybe let Clark go get the dog so he can use his powers to get back safely with no one being the wiser?  That felt very contrived.  Hell, even if Clark had saved him, it wouldn't have seemed out of character - what teenage son wouldn't try to go help their dad get back?

Entertaining movie but felt like you really really had to check your brain at the door.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 23, 2013, 02:37:21 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 23, 2013, 01:44:10 AM

C)  people who fancy themselves amateur film critics, but really just come across as film snobs to the rest of the going public.

I know, right? Americans like movies you don't have to think about! If you don't enjoy mindless action there is something wrong with you. Jeb Bush 2016!!!
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 23, 2013, 03:23:10 AM »

Quote from: Lee on June 23, 2013, 02:37:21 AM

C)  people who fancy themselves amateur film critics, but really just come across as film snobs to the rest of the going public.

I know, right? Americans like movies you don't have to think about! If you don't enjoy mindless action there is something wrong with you. Jeb Bush 2016!!!

It's ok!   You can go pop in Fried Green Tomatoes.    Just keep looking for Al Gore's chad, it's out there somewhere.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 23, 2013, 03:27:10 AM »

Quote from: Rowdy on June 23, 2013, 02:32:12 AM

While I thought the action was well done, somehow I don't think the public would welcome with open arms an alien being who
Spoiler for Hiden:
single handedly knocks down half of Metropolis.  How many people died as collateral damage while he was fighting with Zod, and when he was crashing spaceships into cities?  Somehow I don't think the world would be that forgiving of a being that they just found out about doing that kind of damage.  Metropolis looked like an atom bomb went off.  The destruction in Avengers with the friggin Hulk and an invading alien army was a lot more "realistic" for super heroes interested in actually saving people.  What happened to limiting collateral damage?  The level of destruction pulled me right out of the movie.  

Spoiler for Hiden:
Let's see....   Alien race shows up at our doorstep, starts blowing shit up and terraforming the planet.    I'm guessing they would be a little forgiving of some destruction en route of Superman saving the entire planet/human race.

and

Spoiler for Hiden:
It was said over and over that Pa Kent drilled into his son's head to stay hidden.   he got in trouble for saving a school bus full of kids for God's sake.   So Pa Kent wanted him to stay put and shut up during the tornado.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 23, 2013, 03:49:04 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 23, 2013, 03:23:10 AM

It's ok!   You can go pop in Fried Green Tomatoes.    Just keep looking for Al Gore's chad, it's out there somewhere.

Well you got me, had to laugh at the Fried Green Tomatoes comment.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 23, 2013, 04:38:44 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on June 23, 2013, 03:27:10 AM

Quote from: Rowdy on June 23, 2013, 02:32:12 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
single handedly knocks down half of Metropolis.  How many people died as collateral damage while he was fighting with Zod, and when he was crashing spaceships into cities?  Somehow I don't think the world would be that forgiving of a being that they just found out about doing that kind of damage.  Metropolis looked like an atom bomb went off.  The destruction in Avengers with the friggin Hulk and an invading alien army was a lot more "realistic" for super heroes interested in actually saving people.  What happened to limiting collateral damage?  The level of destruction pulled me right out of the movie.  

Spoiler for Hiden:
Let's see....   Alien race shows up at our doorstep, starts blowing shit up and terraforming the planet.    I'm guessing they would be a little forgiving of some destruction en route of Superman saving the entire planet/human race.

and

Spoiler for Hiden:
It was said over and over that Pa Kent drilled into his son's head to stay hidden.   he got in trouble for saving a school bus full of kids for God's sake.   So Pa Kent wanted him to stay put and shut up during the tornado.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ah, yes, the school bus.  That makes it even more ridiculous.  He was meant to, what, let those children die (and explain why he himself wasn't dead)?  And the consequences were basically nothing.  A woman was freaked out and a couple of kids never said anything again.  

What was Pa Kent's deal, really?  It doesn't make sense without some specific trigger.

And actually Pa's unflinching need to hide his son's light under a bushel leads directly to even more people finding out his secret identity.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:42:08 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 23, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »

Did finally catch it in 2-D with a couple pals this afternoon. It wasn't a terribly big screen though. I might want to see it perhaps one more time on something crazy (IMAX or ETX at AMC).

I would give it certainly thumbs-up as spectacle/entertainment. I was worried maybe all the best set pieces were in the trailer, but our minds were blown by a lot of stuff in the film. It really reminded me of comic book spectaculars I've read, like panels come to life.  icon_smile I don't always respond to FX extravaganzas, but I really dug it all in this.

The ending?
Spoiler for Hiden:
I didn't feel it makes Superman a "murderer." I think the dialogue and situation there make it clear his final act is one of "no choice" desperation that causes him anguish. So the scene didn't make me gnash my teeth and scream, "NOOOO!"  icon_smile

But I think the movie would've been more honest if it ended right there with Superman in anguish - haunting. But would that be acceptable to Warner Bros? Hell no. You can't end a Superman reboot movie with him directly killing someone and crying on Lois' shoulder as the last scene. Thus the ha-ha scene with the general and captain, and the abrupt "Hey, here's how Clark Kent happens" scene, which seems awfully rushed and thrown in, imho.

I'll have more respect for the "Superman kills" stuff if the 2nd film explores the ramifications of that a bit. Otherwise, if, say, Lex Luthor and/or Braniac becomes a baddie for future films, why not just break their necks too?
Caveats?
-OMG, the product placement was obnoxious to the point of comical. I tried counting all the placements, and I just couldn't keep count anymore. Probably more brands than in Stephen King's last three novels.
-There's one sequence that looks like a bunch of large flying dildos.  saywhat You'll know it when you see it. What the hell was that? We were laughing out loud.
-I do believe one particular alien machine (seen in trailers, and I mentioned this resemblance earlier) looks almost EXACTLY like the invading alien craft in Mass Effect 3. To the point of lazy plagiarism.
-As others have gone on about here and elsewhere, lot of plot points just kind of become itchy sores the more you think about them afterwards. I can't really say they bothered me much while I was actually watching, fwiw. If I scratch at the "why?" and "what?" and "how?" I could see the scabs developing.  icon_smile

Lots of critics have complained Cavill and Adams have zero chemistry. I don't know that I felt that way. They seem OK together. I don't really feel like romance is either Zak Snyder's or David Goyer's calling or specialty, and this story just didn't have much room for that. I love Amy Adams, I just think even at 2 hrs 24 mins, the film just had no time to explore their relationship. I'd love to think movie #2 will have more time for that, we'll see.
================

Judging by Friday's results it looks like the Monsters sequel and World War Z are running over Man of Steel at the box office this weekend:
1   MONSTERS UNIVERSITY
4,004    | $30,507,000

2   WORLD WAR Z
3,607 | $25,000,000

3   MAN OF STEEL
Warner Bros.
4,207   | $12,700,000
Doesn't mean WB will cry about a $40M-ish 2nd weekend, though that's something like a 65%-ish weekend-weekend dropoff.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:15:55 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 23, 2013, 02:55:19 PM »

About the ending spoilery bit:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Snapping Zod's neck was a bit i liked, too.  Even if they never mention it again in sequels, it's still hanging there.  He won't snap other necks.

This actually happened in the comics, too, during the John Byrne reboot, IIRC.  He didn't snap their necks, but he did kill the Phantom Zone villains.  It haunted him and lead to a strict no-kill policy after that.

The one bad bit I can see about the death of Zod is that this reboot is light on fun anyway.  It doesn't need a gloomy pall over it.  Fortunately, the Planet bit at the end (which I really liked) indicated that there was still room for fun in the future.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 23, 2013, 03:28:01 PM »

Quote from: Lee on June 23, 2013, 03:49:04 AM

Quote from: msduncan on June 23, 2013, 03:23:10 AM

Well you got me, had to laugh at the Fried Green Tomatoes comment.

slywink icon_lol
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 23, 2013, 03:33:13 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 23, 2013, 02:55:19 PM

About the ending spoilery bit:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Snapping Zod's neck was a bit i liked, too.  Even if they never mention it again in sequels, it's still hanging there.  He won't snap other necks.

This actually happened in the comics, too, during the John Byrne reboot, IIRC.  He didn't snap their necks, but he did kill the Phantom Zone villains.  It haunted him and lead to a strict no-kill policy after that.

The one bad bit I can see about the death of Zod is that this reboot is light on fun anyway.  It doesn't need a gloomy pall over it.  Fortunately, the Planet bit at the end (which I really liked) indicated that there was still room for fun in the future.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I agree.   It would have been a powerful ending to go to credits with the killing, but they needed to give a glimpse of the Superman that everyone has come to know.    They had to remind us that this is still the boy scout that is there to help us and is on our side.   They also wanted to put it out there that this time around Lois is going to know who he is but help him try to keep it secret.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 24, 2013, 01:39:55 PM »

Saw it this past weekend. Thought it was good. Zod's female lieutenant was hot.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 24, 2013, 02:40:27 PM »

Quote from: spigot on June 24, 2013, 01:39:55 PM

Zod's female lieutenant was hot.

dear god yes.  

by the way, maybe it's just me, but

Spoiler for Hiden:
I got the feeling that Zod WANTED Supes to kill him.  He'd lost everything and knew there was no reason for him to live...as he had been expressly created to defend a civilization that was now gone.  As such, his "programming" was now obsolete.  It also served to nicely reinforce the point that Kal El, who had no such weakness, was the better being.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:43:12 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 24, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »

I never dreamed I'd be so ready for a super hero movie to end as I was this one.  I probably have 2 or 3 chick flicks in my future after making my wife sit through this.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:08 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 24, 2013, 08:45:29 PM

I never dreamed I'd be so ready for a super hero movie to end as I was this one.  I probably have 2 or 3 chick flicks in my future after making my wife sit through this.

icon_lol

I was talking to a friend about this film and i realised something as we were talking about it,perhaps its an easter egg and a wink to the original films,but i never realised it until today
Spoiler for Hiden:
In Man Of Steel,when Supes had Zod in a headlock at the end...

Spoiler for Hiden:
of course this is Superman II

sorry if its been mentioned by one of you somewhere(didn't notice it),as i feel quite dumb missing that and i am sure its probably been said icon_confused

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 24, 2013, 09:51:51 PM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: June 24, 2013, 11:25:18 PM »

I am consistently very surprised at how polarized the reaction is to this movie. I went in expecting it to be horrible and came out of it wanting to see it many more times.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 25, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »

http://io9.com/the-most-important-scenes-from-man-of-steel-as-i-remem-516405346?utm_source=recirculation&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=morning

This is awesome and sums up so many of the thoughts I was having while watching the movie.  So much of it didn't make sense!

http://www.avclub.com/articles/science-estimates-that-the-damage-done-by-man-of-s,99165/

And this!  Have these people not ever seen Superman before?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:11:59 PM by Rowdy » Logged
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 25, 2013, 04:42:34 PM »

That AV piece reads like it should have been in The Onion section instead.  What kind of idiot looks at the destruction in even one scene of Man of Steel and has to research whether or not it was more damage than 911?

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 25, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »

I liked the nod to the old movie with the inclusion of Non or whatever his name was.  The big brutish one that fought with the lt.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 25, 2013, 09:22:15 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 22, 2013, 08:59:52 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on June 17, 2013, 02:35:03 PM

Watched it last night. Thought it was Ok, but very flawed. Zack Snyder finally gets it right by depicting Sup as truly super-powered--the CGI fighting sequences were amazing. So was the opening sequence in Krypton.. but man, the man can not do character development to save his life. The rest of the movie feels disjointed, like it was edited with a chainsaw. Henry Cavill is super-hot as hot, but he's not given much to do and has the acting skills of a lump of wood. Michael Shannon was great as Zod. Rusell Crowe was also good as Jor-El.. but why is Jor-El all over this movie? There was too much Jor-El! The ghost of Jor-El onboard the spaceships? Bullshit! And lastly, poor Amy Adams as Lois Lane. The Sup-Lois love story is practically non-existent in this flick. It's just there because the script says they kiss at the end. Oh, well. At least, they blew shit up good.

Pretty much agree with this, though I didn't really even consider it Ok...  I thought it was a high dollar train wreck.  The crashing through the buildings thing was way over done, and there was basically no character development.

I never dreamed I'd be so ready for a super hero movie to end as I was this one.

Eco-Logic and I may never agree on anything more than we do on Man of Steel

It wasn't Transformers 3-bad, in that I was never completely baffled about what the nonsense on screen was even supposed to represent, but it was still a listless, tiresome quagmire of a movie.  The best thing I can say about it is that every other movie I've seen lately (Warm Bodies, Superman: Unbound, Argo, Paranormal Activity 4, The Hunger Games, Zoroark: Master of Illusion and even World War Z) have come off like paragons of entertainment by comparison.

-Autistic Angel
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 25, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on June 25, 2013, 04:09:08 PM

http://io9.com/the-most-important-scenes-from-man-of-steel-as-i-remem-516405346?utm_source=recirculation&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=morning

This is awesome and sums up so many of the thoughts I was having while watching the movie.  So much of it didn't make sense!

Good god, yes.  That hits so many nails on the head, but this bit in particular is the biggest issue with this reboot:

Zod:...“Dark and tortured” and “Superman” never belong in the same sentence, unless that sentence is “Superman met his dark and tortured friend Batman for coffee.”

Superman: That’s not fair! People love Batman, and he’s dark and tortured. So why is it bad for me to do the same thing?

Zod: Because that’s the exact antithesis to what Superman is supposed to be. He’s supposed to be better than us, to inspire us, to not make the same stupid mistakes humans do. He’s supposed to have every reason to be dark and tortured, given his origin and the evil he’s seen, but he never loses his hope and optimism — not just for himself, but for the entire human race!

Also, it brought up another thing that occurred to me:

Spoiler for Hiden:
The solution to the villain plot is literally deus ex machina.  God in the machine.  The god-like Kryptonian who is an AI in the ship gives the way to defeat Zod to the human.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 25, 2013, 11:12:26 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted but...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/06/21/supermans-battle-with-zod-cost-2-trillion-killed-129000-people/

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: June 26, 2013, 07:32:52 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 25, 2013, 10:06:54 PM

Good god, yes.  That hits so many nails on the head, but this bit in particular is the biggest issue with this reboot:

Zod:...“Dark and tortured” and “Superman” never belong in the same sentence, unless that sentence is “Superman met his dark and tortured friend Batman for coffee.”

Superman: That’s not fair! People love Batman, and he’s dark and tortured. So why is it bad for me to do the same thing?

Zod: Because that’s the exact antithesis to what Superman is supposed to be. He’s supposed to be better than us, to inspire us, to not make the same stupid mistakes humans do. He’s supposed to have every reason to be dark and tortured, given his origin and the evil he’s seen, but he never loses his hope and optimism — not just for himself, but for the entire human race!

Spoiler for Hiden:
The solution to the villain plot is literally deus ex machina.  God in the machine.  The god-like Kryptonian who is an AI in the ship gives the way to defeat Zod to the human.

Its no wonder you didnt enjoy it if all that stuff is going through your mind, normally i sit down with a note pad jotting down all my thoughts, pulling the film apart etc etc, rdeally adds to my enjoyment  drool

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 26, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »

Quote from: Reemul on June 26, 2013, 07:32:52 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Its no wonder you didnt enjoy it if all that stuff is going through your mind, normally i sit down with a note pad jotting down all my thoughts, pulling the film apart etc etc, rdeally adds to my enjoyment  drool

As I said earlier, I just watched the film.  At the end, when I didn't enjoy it, I tried to figure out why.

Again, I'm sorry that I can't just say, "derp" and be fed the next bit of mindless entertainment.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 26, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »

Speaking of mindless entertainment, legendary artist Kyle Baker has put together a game/commentary for all to enjoy:

Mass Murderer of Steel

Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 26, 2013, 04:41:17 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Um, I'm not trying to think of anything while I'm watching a movie, the movies job is to make sure I'm NOT thinking - "what?  why the hell wouldn't Clark just go get the dog?"  "whoa!  Shouldn't Supes be thinking of the people in that building he just knocked over?"  When someone says something really dumb to you, are you able to just turn off the part of you that realizes that what was said was dumb?
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: June 26, 2013, 10:00:58 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on June 26, 2013, 04:41:17 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Um, I'm not trying to think of anything while I'm watching a movie, the movies job is to make sure I'm NOT thinking - "what?  why the hell wouldn't Clark just go get the dog?"  "whoa!  Shouldn't Supes be thinking of the people in that building he just knocked over?"  When someone says something really dumb to you, are you able to just turn off the part of you that realizes that what was said was dumb?

Of course, I mean it's an alien flying round in a suit.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 26, 2013, 10:48:43 PM »

Good point Rowdy.  Dumb is dumb and the more I think about this movie, the less I like it.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: June 27, 2013, 07:31:26 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on June 26, 2013, 10:48:43 PM

Good point Rowdy.  Dumb is dumb and the more I think about this movie, the less I like it.

While I agree i still wonder what people were expecting, generally summer movies are not oscar material or high art or anything else.

Generally i dont go to the cinema to watch them as thats what they are, i went fully prepared for what it was going to be and got what i expected.

Maybe the Batman trilogy spoilt people and they were expecting something similar.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 27, 2013, 07:43:45 AM »

I haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but I can comment on the fact that there are a lot of smart superhero summer movies out there these days. The entire Batman trilogy is of course one of them, The Avengers, Iron Man (1), Hulk, Captain America, Thor - All pretty smart movies with good to great writing.

Compare that to movies like Prometheus, that had horrible character writing, but looked very good, and I think most people prefer a smart movie, and its been shown repeatedly over the years, that we actually can get those. Thats probably why it would disappoint, if Man of Steel isn't so.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2013, 07:55:58 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 27, 2013, 07:43:45 AM

I haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but I can comment on the fact that there are a lot of smart superhero summer movies out there these days. The entire Batman trilogy is of course one of them, The Avengers, Iron Man (1), Hulk, Captain America, Thor - All pretty smart movies with good to great writing.

Compare that to movies like Prometheus, that had horrible character writing, but looked very good, and I think most people prefer a smart movie, and its been shown repeatedly over the years, that we actually can get those. Thats probably why it would disappoint, if Man of Steel isn't so.

yeah Man of Steel is in the second category there Raz(IMO)
that had horrible character writing, but looked very good
sounds about right for MoS

I enjoyed it,but it was in absolutely no way smart..i mean really,it just wasn't

Not sure about you sticking 'Hulk' in with that lot though

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2013, 07:57:11 AM »

I know I'm in the minority about Hulk though :-)

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 27, 2013, 08:09:17 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 27, 2013, 07:57:11 AM

I liked 'The Incredible Hulk' better,although again not mega fantastic,but i did like that it stayed with the TV series with him being a wanderer etc(and how the accident happened-see below) ...although admittedly,i am not sure if either of them are faithful to the Comic Book version of how the accident happened

Spoiler for Hiden:

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 27, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 27, 2013, 08:09:17 AM

Quote from: Razgon on June 27, 2013, 07:57:11 AM

I liked 'The Incredible Hulk' better,although again not mega fantastic,but i did like that it stayed with the TV series with him being a wanderer etc(and how the accident happened-see below) ...although admittedly,i am not sure if either of them are faithful to the Comic Book version of how the accident happened

Spoiler for Hiden:

Well, in the comic book, Banner was at a bomb test facility, so no.

I also like that the Norton version skewed close to the TV show.

Raz, were you actually talking about the original Ang Lee Hulk?

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 27, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »

Aye, I was but did not get that clearly out.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 27, 2013, 07:22:20 PM »

Norton Hulk was better than Banal Hulk.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2013, 07:33:23 PM »

Dunno about you guys, but I saw the movie and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to where they'll take this.

I like the serious/dark take on Superman. The only thing I didn't like in the movie was the Jor-El AI. Why is it even in there, and how was it there 2,000 (or however long it was) years before Baby Supes arrived?
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 27, 2013, 09:01:46 PM »

I liked it too.  I am pretty sure the Jor El AI was a part of the "Superman" key that traveled with him as a baby, and Kal El handed to LL when they were captured.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 28, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 27, 2013, 07:22:20 PM

The story, yes.  God yes.  The actor?  nah, i like Eric much more.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 28, 2013, 06:20:07 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 28, 2013, 04:51:11 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 27, 2013, 07:22:20 PM

The story, yes.  God yes.  The actor?  nah, i like Eric much more.

Wow, that is just...no.  No, that is wrong.

Bana's acting is like watching paint dry.  Wait, that's not accurate.  Paint has range.

Norton may be a dick in real life, but he makes interesting choices and tries things.  That man is an actor.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: