http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 11:39:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Superman: Man of Steel  (Read 18655 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2010, 08:33:49 PM »

<faint>

ok, so it's only a 'mentor' role in the production, but you never know, they could bump him up to direct....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:35:23 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »

hmm that page doesn't load properly for me,i can just see the website but not the page

can you copy and paste what it says please

is it another revamp,or is it a sequel to Superman Returns?..i am in whoever directs after finding new love for SR a few weeks ago when watching on DVD,and i thought Brandon Routh was a decent Supes

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 09, 2010, 09:08:38 PM

is it another revamp,or is it a sequel to Superman Returns?..i am in whoever directs after finding new love for SR a few weeks ago when watching on DVD,and i thought Brandon Routh was a decent Supes

It's a revamp.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:36:17 PM »

here's the meat of it:

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is trying to ready its DC Comics stalwart Superman to soar again on the Big Screen, and the studio has turned to Chris Nolan to mentor development of the movie. Our insiders say that the brains behind rebooted Batman has been asked to play a "godfather" role and ensure The Man Of Steel gets off the ground after a 3 1/2-year hiatus. Nolan's leadership of the project can set it in the right direction with the critics and the fans, not to mention at the box office. Besides, Nolan is considered something of a god at Warner Bros and has a strong relationship with the studio after the success of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Though he wasn’t obligated to do so, he gave the studio first crack at his spec script Inception, and Warner Bros was able to buy it before other studios even got a sniff. While Nolan completes that Leonardo DiCaprio-starrer for a July 16th release, he's also hatched an idea for Warner Bros' third Batman installment. Now his brother and frequent collaborator Jonathan "Jonah" Nolan, and David Goyer who co-wrote Batman Begins and penned the story for The Dark Knight, are off scripting it. (See 'FlashForward' Showrunner Exits For Features).

nolan batmanLet us emphasize that Superman 3.0 is in the early stages of development. And we doubt Nolan would direct. This wouldn't be a sequel to Superman Returns but a completely fresh franchise. As one of our insiders reassures: “It would definitely not be a followup to Superman Returns." Nolan coming on board follows a hiatus period for Superman after that 2006 reboot as the studio tried to figure out whether or not to make a sequel to that version starring Brandon Routh directed by Bryan Singer. As recently as this summer, Warner Bros was still contemplating how to proceed. That's when we were told that "Bryan or Brandon are not completely out of it yet. But Warner Bros doesn't have a handle yet on it, either. [Producer] Jon Peters is trying to make something happen since he stands to benefit financially. But they [the studio] need to hear a great story that makes sense." Another insider explained to us, "We know what we don't want to do. But we don't know what we want to do. We learned a lot from the last movie, and we want to get it right this time."

Because I can,
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:41:04 PM »

Quote from: ravenvii on February 09, 2010, 09:21:20 PM

It's a revamp.

But there was only one villain....it's not time for a reboot.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:44:50 PM »

good stuff,thanks

maybe this new Reboot will have General Zod.....but they will have to get someone to fill Terence stamps boots

thoughts on Kevin Spacey to play Luther again?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 10:02:53 PM »

After all these years I still struggle to see why people find Superman so fascinating. He's got what it takes to tell one or two good stories (ie. Superman 1 and 2), but after that it all comes down to the same ol' MacGuffin (Kryptonite). It's hard to have interesting stories when the hero is invincible, super-strong, can fly, can burn things with his eyes, and so on. Any attempt to actually challenge him feels contrived.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 10:03:10 PM »

I'm kind of on the fence with this one.  On one hand, I liked Superman Returns for the most part.  I think they did a good job casting Routh in the role, and Kevin Spacey did well as Luthor.

My main problem with the movie was that it was basically the same storyline from previous films and no super-powered villian to boot.  The movie felt stale from the get go, IMO.

I really hope that they're not bringing Nolan in to give Superman a dark and gritty "Batman" feel.  He's not that type of hero, and that treatment would fall flat with his character.

Also, I really hope they don't use General Zod.  Use a villain not used in previous movies, for fuck's sake.  The Superman universe has other villains they can draw from and use that will be just as effective, if not more.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 10:06:01 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 09, 2010, 10:02:53 PM

After all these years I still struggle to see why people find Superman so fascinating. He's got what it takes to tell one or two good stories (ie. Superman 1 and 2), but after that it all comes down to the same ol' MacGuffin (Kryptonite). It's hard to have interesting stories when the hero is invincible, super-strong, can fly, can burn things with his eyes, and so on. Any attempt to actually challenge him feels contrived.

Well, they could use another alien with similar powers, or more powerful, such as Doomsday.  There are several things they could do, such as the yellow sun/red sun thing.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 03:19:41 AM »

Superman Returns was the first comic/superhero movie I turned off. It was just generic and boring to me. Superman has had his movies, and there are so many other more interesting ones to do. I say just leave this one in the grave.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 03:42:35 AM »

There's only one kind of challenge that works for Superman and that is one of morality. He's the ultimate boy scout and to make it interesting he has to be in a position where he has to bend the rules to get the job done.

The other option is to do a movie of the death of superman, but I don't think you could do it justice, or even come close, in 2 hours.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 04:34:55 AM »

Or, you can go full on cosmic scale with him, but that's not the sort of thing Nolan does.
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 02:07:20 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on February 10, 2010, 03:42:35 AM

There's only one kind of challenge that works for Superman and that is one of morality. He's the ultimate boy scout and to make it interesting he has to be in a position where he has to bend the rules to get the job done.

The other option is to do a movie of the death of superman, but I don't think you could do it justice, or even come close, in 2 hours.

I've also always liked the idea of exploring the fact that while he's extremely powerful, he's not omniscient and can't be everywhere - how do you keep from falling into the temptation to constantly be on watch, never giving yourself any chance to live a life...and if you do live that life, what guilt do you experience from taking time for yourself instead of using your powers to save the people that are surely dying while you're doing your day job?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 09:58:30 PM »

Quote from: Malificent on February 10, 2010, 02:07:20 PM

I've also always liked the idea of exploring the fact that while he's extremely powerful, he's not omniscient and can't be everywhere - how do you keep from falling into the temptation to constantly be on watch, never giving yourself any chance to live a life...and if you do live that life, what guilt do you experience from taking time for yourself instead of using your powers to save the people that are surely dying while you're doing your day job?

I agree with these two points.  I don't think going cosmic scale would be as interesting.  It alienates the character.  We want to connect with Superman, to feel like if we had those powers, we'd do the same thing.

One of the best, most logical changes that Byrne brought to his Supes reboot was to have him think of himself as Clark.  He's Clark Kent and becomes Superman.  The idea for that shift (and away from him saying dumb things that no one would say like, "Great Krypton!") came directly from the first movie.  In it, Superman doesn't even appear until a full hour into the thing!  We get all kinds of time letting him be human first, and it's fascinating and moving.

Now, I don't think we need to spend another hour getting through the origin.  Everyone knows the origin.  But take the lesson that Supes needs to be human first.  Yes, give him something of equal power to punch, but give him some moral dilemma choices, too (and not something that can be fixed by flying the damned planet backwards).  Luthor is good for that.  Braniac gives you both a manipulative villain and one Supes can beat the shit out of.

IF you're going to bring Zod and Co. back, make them really awful and push Superman to the brink, making him make the horrible choice he had to in the comics.

On a side note: Personally, I think the Doomsday bit was nothing but a gimmick.  I thought he was a throwaway villian and having him kill Superman was akin to him being brought down by a tornado or other force of nature (that would have been more interesting, IMO).  There are plenty of villains that could kill Supes who would have been better, more interesting choices.  They've already made a movie of that storyline, though, and it's supposed to be pretty good.  I haven't seen it yet, though.

Anyway, those are my opinions.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 02:26:35 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 10, 2010, 09:58:30 PM

Quote from: Malificent on February 10, 2010, 02:07:20 PM

I agree with these two points.  I don't think going cosmic scale would be as interesting.  It alienates the character.  We want to connect with Superman, to feel like if we had those powers, we'd do the same thing.

One of the best, most logical changes that Byrne brought to his Supes reboot was to have him think of himself as Clark.  He's Clark Kent and becomes Superman.  The idea for that shift (and away from him saying dumb things that no one would say like, "Great Krypton!") came directly from the first movie.  In it, Superman doesn't even appear until a full hour into the thing!  We get all kinds of time letting him be human first, and it's fascinating and moving.

Now, I don't think we need to spend another hour getting through the origin.  Everyone knows the origin.  But take the lesson that Supes needs to be human first.  Yes, give him something of equal power to punch, but give him some moral dilemma choices, too (and not something that can be fixed by flying the damned planet backwards).  Luthor is good for that.  Braniac gives you both a manipulative villain and one Supes can beat the shit out of.

IF you're going to bring Zod and Co. back, make them really awful and push Superman to the brink, making him make the horrible choice he had to in the comics.

On a side note: Personally, I think the Doomsday bit was nothing but a gimmick.  I thought he was a throwaway villian and having him kill Superman was akin to him being brought down by a tornado or other force of nature (that would have been more interesting, IMO).  There are plenty of villains that could kill Supes who would have been better, more interesting choices.  They've already made a movie of that storyline, though, and it's supposed to be pretty good.  I haven't seen it yet, though.

Anyway, those are my opinions.

I think the morality issue is a great one for Superman and they even  set that up in Superman Returns.  I didn't really like that movie, but the most interesting part for the character (for me) was when (SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT, BUT IF YOU HAVEN'T YOU DON'T CARE BY NOW)
Spoiler for Hiden:
  He was in orbit over earth listening to all those "prayers" for help and choosing which ones get responses

There have been several good stories in the comics on that issue, and I even think it could be a launch point for a Bruce Wayne/Lex Luthor team up to knock Superman down a few pegs.

So, drop the kid, deal with being gone for 5 years, and set up Superman to learn a lesson about his limits and his connection to humanity.  To paraphrase "Kingdom Come", have Superman learn that Man is more important than Super.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

I also think it's important to note that Superman is not necessarily "all powerful" or that kryptonite is his only possible weakness (though a magic-powered villain would come off a little goofy on-screen, IMO).  Supes can and should get the shit beaten out of him.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 05:10:27 AM »

I always thought it a bit silly that superman didn't spend at least some time trying to learn ways to offset his weakness.  Line his normal suit with lead for example, he can take the extra weight.

Learn a few defensive magic spells if he can use them, or get some anti-magic trinkets.

Heck, he seems to go against super geniuses a lot, he could probably benefit from taking more science classes.

Does Superman even need to sleep?
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 05:25:06 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 09, 2010, 09:41:04 PM

Quote from: ravenvii on February 09, 2010, 09:21:20 PM

It's a revamp.

But there was only one villain....it's not time for a reboot.

One could say the villain is the studio preventing Superman from having a successful run lol.

Seriously, if this is a reboot, it would be better it were a prequel to the whole thing, and I'm not talking Smallville. But more of a coming of age story, with him finding out he has powers and realizing that the world needs a hero, establishing his identity and getting a job at the Daily Planet.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:34:13 AM by Rumpy » Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »

No origin.  Two villains.  Luthor and Brainiac.  Maybe.

...Legendary head Thomas Tull with bringing on Goyer to craft a fun, John Byrne-esque script that will apparently have no ties to the Christopher Reeve pictures or Bryan Singer's attempted continuation of them (so no Brandon Routh). Fine by me. He also says the film will (blessedly) not be an origin story, and will involve Lex Luthor and Brainiac (commence freaking out about villain overkill... now!). It will also reflect contemporary society - i.e. The Daily Planet it taking in the shorts like every other daily newspaper in the world.

Luthor is one of those villains that I have no problem with.  He's so "behind the scenes" in Supes' world that he's a regular presence.  Brainiac is the perfect movie villain for Superman, IMO.  Exciting news, if it comes to pass.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »

Just as long as it's Luthor criminal genius and not Luthor the Realtor I'll be happy.  after watching that new show The Deep End I think Billy Zane would make a good Luthor.

Because I can,
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »

I'm tired of reboots, don't get me wrong I enjoy them if they are done correctly however, I want a new story.  I like the idea of the morality test brought up earlier, I'd love to see them do a movie of an older & grizzled Superman worn down by darker side of humanity, finding his redemption. Start the story at the end, and use subsequent movies to fill in the story.

Studios are so tied up on this reboot idea they are missing great plots: 'Kingdom Come', 'The Dark Knight' (the comic), etc... 
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »

Quote from: Wargus on February 25, 2010, 06:04:49 PM

I'm tired of reboots, don't get me wrong I enjoy them if they are done correctly however, I want a new story.  I like the idea of the morality test brought up earlier, I'd love to see them do a movie of an older & grizzled Superman worn down by darker side of humanity, finding his redemption. Start the story at the end, and use subsequent movies to fill in the story.

Studios are so tied up on this reboot idea they are missing great plots: 'Kingdom Come', 'The Dark Knight' (the comic), etc...  

Except for the "older & grizzled" part, they tried that with the last one, story-wise.

The studios think that people don't want their Superman broody.  I think they're probably right.

If they go with the John Byrne feel, as was mentioned, I would love it.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »

Quote from: Wargus on February 25, 2010, 06:04:49 PM

I'm tired of reboots, don't get me wrong I enjoy them if they are done correctly however, I want a new story.  I like the idea of the morality test brought up earlier, I'd love to see them do a movie of an older & grizzled Superman worn down by darker side of humanity, finding his redemption. Start the story at the end, and use subsequent movies to fill in the story.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the term reboot here- they aren't trying to redo the origin or anything.  They are just looking to do a different style take on the character than what we've seen on the screen.  
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 06:37:25 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 25, 2010, 06:32:05 PM

The studios think that people don't want their Superman broody.  I think they're probably right.

Batman can be broody, Superman needs to be a Boy Scout.  I would kill to see a cross-over movie between the franchises.  Even though both characters are (were?) Warner Brothers films, I doubt we'll ever get lucky enough to see that happen. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 06:49:37 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on February 25, 2010, 06:37:25 PM

The studios think that people don't want their Superman broody.  I think they're probably right.

Batman can be broody, Superman needs to be a Boy Scout.  I would kill to see a cross-over movie between the franchises.  Even though both characters are (were?) Warner Brothers films, I doubt we'll ever get lucky enough to see that happen. 

Oh god no, please don't! I know they officially exist in the same universe (however little sense that makes), but I go "lalalala, can't hear you!" whenever Superman is mentioned in Batman comics. Part of this is because I want Batman to be a setting without real superheroes, while Superman is all about superpowers. Mixing the two on screen would probably only really appeal to comic book nerds and not to those who've enjoyed the way the recent Batman movies have been treated.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 06:51:40 PM »

They tried to get a Justice League movie going several years ago (under both Wolfgang Petersen and George Miller I believe) but it never happened.  If Marvel manages to get The Avengers to the screen and it's successful, I expect DC will try to get Justice League made again. 
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 07:07:41 PM »

I honestly think JLA has too many members to make a decent film about it.  A lot of people gripe about trying to run with three villains in these sequels, can you imagine trying to run with seven heroes?  ::shudder::  There's no way you could skate by without some sort of background/origin on Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter.  So now you've got at least four origins to gloss over in a two-hour film, and you've got a max of two hours to cover all that, set up a villain/crisis that would actually take a team effort to beat, and proceed from there.  It would be a bloody mess.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on February 25, 2010, 07:07:41 PM

I honestly think JLA has too many members to make a decent film about it.  A lot of people gripe about trying to run with three villains in these sequels, can you imagine trying to run with seven heroes?  ::shudder::  There's no way you could skate by without some sort of background/origin on Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter.  So now you've got at least four origins to gloss over in a two-hour film, and you've got a max of two hours to cover all that, set up a villain/crisis that would actually take a team effort to beat, and proceed from there.  It would be a bloody mess.

Depends on which heroes they use but Green Lantern is in production so no need for any background there.  Flash has been on and off again for years but I don't think you need an origin anyway- people already "get" his character.  They probably wouldn't use Aquaman and would instead sub him for someone else (Green Arrow perhaps). 

It may still be mess to be sure but Marvel is already moving full speed ahead on the same concept. Plus you could make the same argument about a team movie like X-Men and it was fine without having to do origins and backgrounds on every single character. 
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 25, 2010, 07:29:09 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on February 25, 2010, 07:07:41 PM

Depends on which heroes they use but Green Lantern is in production so no need for any background there.  Flash has been on and off again for years but I don't think you need an origin anyway- people already "get" his character.  They probably wouldn't use Aquaman and would instead sub him for someone else (Green Arrow perhaps). 

It may still be mess to be sure but Marvel is already moving full speed ahead on the same concept. Plus you could make the same argument about a team movie like X-Men and it was fine without having to do origins and backgrounds on every single character. 

X-Men proved it's doable.  And the JLA characters are, generally, more iconic than even that team (you'd have to give Martian Manhunter a little background, I suppose).

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 25, 2010, 06:51:40 PM

They tried to get a Justice League movie going several years ago (under both Wolfgang Petersen and George Miller I believe) but it never happened.  If Marvel manages to get The Avengers to the screen and it's successful, I expect DC will try to get Justice League made again. 

They also tried to get a World's Finest movie off the ground.  Bale and Routh had to agree to it in there contracts and everything, IIRC.

It sounds like TiLT has some blinders on, but if you've read any of the times Bats and Supes have gotten together (probably since the original Dark Knight comic, even), you know it's been handled very well.  Respectful to both characters.  I'm certain they could pull it off, given the right creative elements.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 08:54:01 PM »

I just see the reaction when Bale's in super-growly mode being extra serious and have Superman call him Bruce straight to his cowl.  biggrin

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 08:58:16 PM »

I thought Bale wasn't contracturally obligated to be in a Bats/Supes movie?  Maybe I'm thinking of Edward Norton and the Avengers....

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 25, 2010, 08:50:17 PM

It sounds like TiLT has some blinders on, but if you've read any of the times Bats and Supes have gotten together (probably since the original Dark Knight comic, even), you know it's been handled very well.  Respectful to both characters.  I'm certain they could pull it off, given the right creative elements.

I think it works if they divorce themselves from the current film takes.  Nolan's Batman doesn't mesh with Donner's Superman IMO.  In fact I can't see any truly superpowered heroes working in Nolan's Batverse.   But a different take on both would work fine, I think.  That's one area that Marvel seems to be working on in each of their current franchises.  It gives a neat shared world feeling but I do think it kind of necessitates a more generic framework (which we got from Favreau on Iron Man and Letterier on Hulk) instead of a stronger director's stamp that would ascribe to Burton, Nolan, and Ang Lee.  
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 09:10:54 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 25, 2010, 08:58:16 PM

In fact I can't see any truly superpowered heroes working in Nolan's Batverse.  

I wanted to argue against this as I would love to see some crossovers.  However, in thinking about it, I have to agree.  The gritty realism of Nolan's Batman would not work with god like humans walking around in it.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »

Also, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIWskgVx_v0

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 25, 2010, 09:10:54 PM

I wanted to argue against this as I would love to see some crossovers.  However, in thinking about it, I have to agree.  The gritty realism of Nolan's Batman would not work with god like humans walking around in it.

I don't know about that.  I can see it working well if it's tied around the struggle of Batman trying to keep them out of his city.  Imagine a story where some villain baits a caped hero into Gotham, tries to do their normal Boy Scout routine, which makes things worse, but Batman knows more about what's really going on and has to try to foil the villain while trying to keep the other hero from screwing things up even worse or destroying his city with collateral damage.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 25, 2010, 11:11:36 PM

Awesome-sauce.  Was that the American Gladiator dude?
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 03:41:53 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on February 25, 2010, 11:16:03 PM

Quote from: hepcat on February 25, 2010, 09:10:54 PM

I don't know about that.  I can see it working well if it's tied around the struggle of Batman trying to keep them out of his city.  Imagine a story where some villain baits a caped hero into Gotham, tries to do their normal Boy Scout routine, which makes things worse, but Batman knows more about what's really going on and has to try to foil the villain while trying to keep the other hero from screwing things up even worse or destroying his city with collateral damage.

They would need to consult with Bruce Timm in order to get the kind of Batman who could hold his own against superpowered folks.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 04:21:35 PM »

On an unrelated note, my wife is trying to convince me to name our son who is due in July "Nolan Christopher <last name>". She has no idea who Christopher Nolan is.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 04:23:55 PM »

Quote from: Crux on February 26, 2010, 04:21:35 PM

On an unrelated note, my wife is trying to convince me to name our son who is due in July "Nolan Christopher <last name>". She has no idea who Christopher Nolan is.

I'd be more worried about coming up with a new last name that's better than '<last name>'  icon_wink

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 04:46:27 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 26, 2010, 04:23:55 PM

Quote from: Crux on February 26, 2010, 04:21:35 PM

I'd be more worried about coming up with a new last name that's better than '<last name>'  icon_wink

Nolan Christopher Crux.  "Saaaailing takes me away to Gotham City..."

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 05:23:20 PM »

"Batman in blaaaaack...he is punching me...(in the cheek...)...There's no Joker here...just you and me...please let me be...'cause I hardly knooooow...this VILLAIN BY MY SIIIIIIIDE...I'll never forget...the way you punched...tonight."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: