http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 11:12:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie]Martian Chronicles  (Read 346 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2011, 10:41:22 AM »

Ray Bradbury's stories are returning to the big screen.  After being a TV miniseries there have been several attempts to bring it to the big screen, but none have come to fruition.  Maybe Paramount will have better luck, and not screw it up in the process.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:45:15 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »

Knowing Hollywood, it will probably feature Will Smith laying down the smack on martians and exploding their MOTHERSHIPS!

A new one
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:50:10 PM »

I'm more disturbed about the link there about Bradley Cooper (!) eyeing a remake of The Crow, to be directed by the director of 28 Days Later's sequel (never heard of Juan Carlos Fresnadillo? Me neither icon_razz)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bradley-cooper-eyes-starring-role-177481
Cripes, "remaking" 1994 movies...

Personally, I wish Hollywood would stop trying to shove Cooper down our collective throats as The Next Big Movie Star -- a little like what they were doing with actors like Josh Hartnett and Josh Lucas some years ago. At least they got out of the Josh Cycle.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:52:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 01:14:51 PM »

The only bright side to the Crow remake is that Juan Carlos Fresnadillo also made the great Intacto.  If you haven't seen it, you should.  It's an odd little film that's really unique.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »

after the mess that became the sequels to The Crow, maybe they can redeem themselves.  If they had just had the balls to let Rob Zombie do his version then maybe the series would not have become a joke.

I've met J O Barr and hes kinda creepy and I get the impression that he's not the happiest person in the world.  I suppose thats apparent from the graphic novel.  My other guess would be during The Crows hay-day all the people dressed up coming to him asking for autographs probably gets old fast.

They are also planning on redoing Total Recall, which cant be as bad as the original either....I would hope.  One would think that Fahrenheit 451 would FINALLY get its chance.  Its perfect for a remake.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »

I like Rob Zombie a lot.  I think he's (not so) secretly a giant nerd who loves horror movies in a child like fashion...the best way to love them, imho.

However, after his 2 dreadful attempts at the Halloween franchise, I don't really want him handling any franchise that has had at least one good entry. 

Someone a while back had the idea of moving the Crow movies into a new time frame.  My favorite being a Crow by gaslight film...set in Victorian London.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:40:26 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on April 13, 2011, 10:47:00 AM

Knowing Hollywood, it will probably feature Will Smith laying down the smack on martians and exploding their MOTHERSHIPS!

you left out 3D!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 10:38:28 PM »

It's going to be hard making a movie out of this considering it's an anthology of stories loosely connected by different generations.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 12:19:13 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on April 13, 2011, 10:38:28 PM

It's going to be hard making a movie out of this considering it's an anthology of stories loosely connected by different generations.

Yeah, that worked out so well when they made I, Robot.  Tongue

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 04:42:52 PM »

Add to this mix the rumor that each story will feature George Clinton and the P-Funk all stars.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: