http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 03:26:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Movie]Inferno  (Read 97 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2013, 11:08:05 AM »

So,The Lost Symbol(The 3rd Robert Langdon book) movie has been limping along in development,and now SONY have "stalled" on it's production,it was again to star Tom Hanks but this time be directed by Mark Romanek(One Hour Photo and a shitload of music videos)

With it being abandoned at least for the time being SONY have announced that Ron Howard will be back to direct the adaptation of the 4th book in the Robert Langdon series,Inferno

well,hey,they did Angels and Demons/Da Vinci code the ass way around,why not these two books as well? Tongue

http://collider.com/dan-brown-inferno-release-date/

December 18th 2015 release SONY are aiming for

Sony has set a release date for their next feature adaptation of Dan Brown’s thriller starring protagonist Robert Langdon, but it’s not the one you might have been expecting.  Brown’s previously published and adapted works, The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, were to be followed by his third effort, The Lost Symbol, but production on that front has stalled.  Instead, Sony is looking to strike while the brand is hot and has set a release date of December 18, 2015 for Brown’s latest release, Inferno.  Star Tom Hanks and director Ron Howard, a team that took on the first two adaptations, will return for the third.  The book features Langdon attempting to solve a riddle once again, this time influenced by Inferno, the first part of Dante Alighieri’s 14th century epic poem, “Divine Comedy.”  Hit the jump for more.

dan-brown-inferno-book-coverDeadline reports that Sony has decided to skip The Lost Symbol for the moment and move forward with Inferno.  Screenwriter David Koepp (Angels & Demons) will also return to pen the third installment.  Although the Brown novels have proven to be a big box office draw for Sony, lack of progress on The Lost Symbol was somewhat disconcerting for Langdon fans.  Since Brown just released Inferno this May, it makes more sense to tackle the adaptation while it’s fresh in the minds of book readers before possibly rounding back to The Lost Symbol in the future.

funnily enough i am about 50 pages away from the end of the Da Vinci Code(I've read it before),and just ordered The Lost Symbol off Amazon 2 days ago

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 01:57:51 PM »

The Lost Symbol was always a tough one to make into a movie.  Frankly, it wasn't a very good book, even in the trashy Dan Brown way.

Inferno fares better, and certainly is more obviously cinematic.  There are some very ridiculous tropes in it, though.  And some big leaps of faith and some things that are going to be hard to pull off in a movie.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: