http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 02:43:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie]Beetlejuice 2  (Read 380 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2013, 01:01:32 PM »

The writer says its definitely a sequel and not a reboot or remake

The Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter writer is currently working on a script for a follow-up to the 1988 movie, and has tweeted a photo of himself in Beetlejuice gear at his computer, along with the phrase: "It's showtime."

He told SciFiNow: "I think that you'd have to be an idiot not to be nervous about taking on something so beloved by so many people, myself included.

"Which is the precise reason why we told Warner Bros we would absolutely not even think about doing it without Michael Keaton reprising his role and without Tim's involvement and we were lucky enough to get both men to agree in theory, provided the script was strong enough that they'd at least be open to it. So we're proceeding slowly, cautiously and carefully.

"What I will say is that we are not remaking or rebooting this movie, we are absolutely doing a 26 years later sequel, and more important than that, if we don't feel like it does the first movie justice then I think it's even better not to do it, so we'll see."

Digital Spy

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »

LOL, I'm pretty sure that's a doll and not the writer at his computer unless he's the shortest man alive.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on March 14, 2013, 01:33:17 PM

LOL, I'm pretty sure that's a doll and not the writer at his computer unless he's the shortest man alive.

Also, take a close look at the hand.  Unless he's in full on makeup mode and not just wearing the costume.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 11:54:43 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on March 14, 2013, 03:34:26 PM

Quote from: Teggy on March 14, 2013, 01:33:17 PM

Also, take a close look at the hand.  Unless he's in full on makeup mode and not just wearing the costume.

he may just need a manicure...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:36:40 PM »

some info on this since we last posted here

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65151

Keaton is definitely in and Burton is currently in talks to direct the film...plus,it looks like Winona Ryder is also back

"I'm kind of sworn to secrecy...But it sounds like it might be happening."

"It's not a remake," Ryder revealed. "It's 27 years later. And I have to say, I love Lydia [Deetz, Ryder's teenage goth character] so much. She was such a huge part of me. I would be really interested in what she is doing 27 years later."

During the interview, Ryder also acknowledged some of the trepedation that has been voiced by fans, and the fear that revisiting the property would undermine the memory of the original.

"It's a very precious movie to people," she explained. "So there are a lot people like, 'DON'T.'"

She goes on to convey the fact that she would never be on board if Burton and Keaton were not a part of the project as well.

"I would never go near [a sequel] if it was not Tim and Michael," she said. "Because those guys, I love."

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »

The movie always creeped me out as a kid. Watched it more recently and I didn't think it was all that great, just very weird.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:45:23 PM »

maybe she'll have a Star Trek like cameo.  or maybe her and BJ have shacked up.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »

nearly a year already since this began?? retard

DoG

Chatting to MTV News about the project, Keaton confirmed that "Iíve e-mailed Tim a couple of times, talked to the writer a couple of times, but all really, really preliminary stuff. I always said thatís the one thing Iíd like to do again, if I ever did anything again. But it kind of required Tim to be involved some way or another".

He then added that "now it looks like he is involved. And without giving too much away, we've talked to each other, and e-mailed each other, and if he's in, it's going to be hard not to be in"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: