http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 07:10:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Wrath of the Titans  (Read 967 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »

feel the wrath!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7fzOrUopc

loved Clash, so I'm IN, but Sam Wothington's hair looks a bit funky.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »

Hair does look weird, but movie looks awesome!
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:40:21 AM »

Yeah I never saw the remake of the original but this looks awesome!

Which will probably mean it sucks. frown
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:49:21 AM »

one of the titans needs to hold him down and shave his head-  it looks like he broke into Shatner's toupee vault :

a couple of other posters:

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »

I don't hate the remake, but I just didn't enjoy it very much either.  It just felt empty.  I can't put my finger on what the missing ingredients are, but some films that should have all the ingredients for a fun matinee movie just fall flat.  Maybe on some deep level, folks can tell when a film is not so much a labor of love as it is a business decision.  I know all films contain some of the latter, but I think the great ones contain more of the former.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:30:09 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »

Never watched the remake. Everything I read on it said it was suckastic. And what's with Sam Worthington's big hair? Seriously? That's not a flattering look for him.

This should just be the 'God Of War' movie; by the looks of that middle poster there.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 07:01:17 PM »

new trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rNAo6KLIKVk

Because I can,
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »

Did anybody see this one?  I saw it last night and was surprised that I didn't hate it.  I certainly didn't love it, but it was okay, which is nice since I was expecting much worse.  It has a VERY weak story, but the special effects are good and the fight scenes are sometimes tense, plus it has a nice lack of bad one-liners found in Michael Bay movies.  Sam Worthington is still a wooden actor who does not deserve to be starring in such movies. 
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »

Quote from: McNutt on April 05, 2012, 02:42:25 PM

Did anybody see this one?  I saw it last night and was surprised that I didn't hate it.  I certainly didn't love it, but it was okay, which is nice since I was expecting much worse.  It has a VERY weak story, but the special effects are good and the fight scenes are sometimes tense, plus it has a nice lack of bad one-liners found in Michael Bay movies.  Sam Worthington is still a wooden actor who does not deserve to be starring in such movies. 

Was the 3D any good? Deciding whether to see it in 3D or regular.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 03:22:08 PM »

I'm a 3D hater, so I'm the wrong guy to ask.  I've seen exactly one move that 3D helped (Avatar) and have felt that it wasn't worth it in every other movie.  My not-so-negative friend thought the 3D was good, but I'd go to the 2D showing if available.
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 05, 2012, 03:18:40 PM

Quote from: McNutt on April 05, 2012, 02:42:25 PM

Was the 3D any good? Deciding whether to see it in 3D or regular.

I did read a review where the reviewer loved the 3D. He wasn't too keen on some of the CGI work though.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »

I thought the CGI was very good.  Certainly no complaints there.
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 11:04:56 PM »

Now,

I studied Latin and Greek for over 2 decades. I've often had problems watching these kinds of movies. So I didn't really like this one, but not for that reason. The myths were obviously changed, but it had the same problems Immortals had. The plot had the same hole:

Spoiler for Hiden:
In Immortals, they built a cage for the Titans that Zeus destroyed by pulling on 2 giant chains that were built into the original design. In Wrath, the 3-part weapon that the sons of Kronos used to imprison their father killed him this time. For no explainable reason.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 11:46:19 PM »

Quote from: Einsteinium on April 06, 2012, 11:04:56 PM

Now,

I studied Latin and Greek for over 2 decades. I've often had problems watching these kinds of movies. So I didn't really like this one, but not for that reason. The myths were obviously changed, but it had the same problems Immortals had

I've made attempts to learn enough Latin to be able to read the classics, but I'm not there yet.  icon_confused I am however fairly well versed in Anglo-Saxon and Old Norse. I have the exact same problem with stories and movies based on the myths coming from those traditions. I don't mind some artistic license being taken with the source mythhology in the name of good entertainment, but more often than not its a blatant butchering.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 12:09:05 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 08, 2012, 02:36:17 PM

I don't hate the remake, but I just didn't enjoy it very much either.  It just felt empty.  I can't put my finger on what the missing ingredients are, but some films that should have all the ingredients for a fun matinee movie just fall flat.  Maybe on some deep level, folks can tell when a film is not so much a labor of love as it is a business decision.  I know all films contain some of the latter, but I think the great ones contain more of the former.
Same here. It just didn't do much for me at all. I may give this a cheap rental at some point but if I miss it I don't think it will bother me too much.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »

Went and watched this last night.  I fell asleep...twice.  How the hell do you do that at an action flick?   retard

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »

That puts the nail in the coffin for that one then.  I'll wait for netflix on it.  At least I'll have a comfy couch to fall asleep on.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 11:40:52 PM »

Hmmm. Colour me confused. I went to see this last night and enjoyed it. Much better than the 1st IMHO. Some shaky cam moments aside I was entertained.
Saw it on IMAX 3d. First time for me with IMAX too.
Perhaps it's the mythology and creatures aspect that drew me in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 01:22:45 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 07, 2012, 04:50:31 PM

That puts the nail in the coffin for that one then.  I'll wait for netflix on it.  At least I'll have a comfy couch to fall asleep on.

icon_lol Roll Eyes icon_lol

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 04:35:25 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 08, 2012, 02:36:17 PM

I only just watched the remake last night while visiting with the in-laws and have to agree with it having felt "empty."  The character of Perseus went so quickly from a humble fisherman to a complete demi-god bad-ass that the transition was almost too abrupt despite an already colossal suspension of disbelief.  The characters also seemed to sprint through their journey so quickly that the movie felt rushed, even though it wasn't exactly rich with content.  It was like taking a scenic tour in a race car at 100+ miles per hour while an auctioneer rambles off information about the scenery. 

I also had a serious problem with the CGI.  While the animation in the original was obviously horrendous, the CGI in the remake was so bad as to almost seem intentional to pay homage of sorts to the dated look of the original.  It was bad.  Jarringly bad.

Still, it was something to do with my brother-in-law, and since he enjoyed it and has some interest in the sequel, we're heading out to have lunch with Pap and then catching an afternoon showing of Wrath.  I'm glad to hear some say it was better than the first, as I didn't actively dislike the first, but I certainly felt underwhelmed at its close. 

A step up from apathy to perhaps a hint of enjoyment would be nice.  We shall see.  I had tried to sway the vote toward 21 Jump Street, but Wrath seems to have won out. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 09, 2012, 04:35:25 PM

I also had a serious problem with the CGI.  While the animation in the original was obviously horrendous,

Okay, I have to disagree with this.  Ray Harryhausen is a god to me.  The sheer genius of what he accomplished in an age without CGI staggers the mind.  Sure, they don't hold up to today's standards, but during the time period in which they saw birth, they were amazing. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: