http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 08:37:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Underworld: Awakening  (Read 1116 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2010, 06:15:34 AM »

Vampires.... IN SPACE!!! (slightly NSFW pi of Kate), or at least that's the latest rumor about the film.  I don't know about you but a 3D movie would be the perfect chance for Kate Beckinsale to finally have a full nude scene...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:42:43 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 07:21:33 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 05, 2010, 06:15:34 AM

Vampires.... IN SPACE!!! (slightly NSFW pi of Kate), or at least that's the latest rumor about the film.  I don't know about you but a 3D movie would be the perfect chance for Kate Beckinsale to finally have a full nude scene...

I'll sign up for this but only if Scott Speedman gets one too.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:24:52 PM »

Reason:  The Websense category Violence is filtered.

Weak.

A couple of weeks ago I saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. Terrible... and not just for the lack of Kate.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on February 05, 2010, 07:24:52 PM

Weak.

A couple of weeks ago I saw Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. Terrible... and not just for the lack of Kate.

I thought it was much better than the 2nd movie, myself.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »

Quote from: Rich on February 05, 2010, 07:56:32 PM

Quote from: coopasonic on February 05, 2010, 07:24:52 PM

Weak.

I thought it was much better than the 2nd movie, myself.

That's like saying internal hemorrhaging is more fun than blunt force trauma to the head.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 08:50:21 PM »

Setting the bar that high are we?

I guess my main complaint was that I didn't realize it was all period. I kept waiting for the jump to present day, so I felt like the whole movie was setting something up that never came. In truth, the whole move was backstory that I didn't care about.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:23:10 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on February 05, 2010, 08:50:21 PM

Setting the bar that high are we?

I guess my main complaint was that I didn't realize it was all period. I kept waiting for the jump to present day, so I felt like the whole movie was setting something up that never came. In truth, the whole move was backstory that I didn't care about.

While I enjoyed the movie for the most part (I guess I just like the series in general so I'll take anything I can get, even FakeKate/Rhona Mitra), I felt like the story had actually been told quite well in the previous films, and it was a missed opportunity to take the main plotline further.  I'm not sure why Hollywood has such a fascination with prequels; personally I prefer stories to keep moving forward, and if I really want to flesh out what happened in the past, I'll read the books/source material or whatever.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:47:14 PM »

Although I would like to go on record with the statement that Rhona Mitra "does it for me".

hubba hubba

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 05, 2010, 09:47:14 PM

Although I would like to go on record with the statement that Rhona Mitra "does it for me".

I think it was the Life of David Gale where I learned of Ms Mitra. Wow. Didn't save the movie for me though.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 02:42:20 AM »

trailer! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC67kNZGpeA

not in space anymore though.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:44:12 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 03:02:03 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 05, 2010, 06:15:34 AM

Vampires.... IN SPACE!!! (slightly NSFW pi of Kate)..

I have only just seen this thread,and i don't think i have clicked a link so fast after reading what was in your quote Tongue

I think i only saw the first of these films,there is a box set for sale for cheap,i may give in and check them all out
(oh,and that is probably for the best that it is not set in space anymore)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 05:05:37 AM »

Oooh, they have Tywin Lannister.

Not that the trailer looked particularly good, but I suppose I'll see this at some point anyway. Even if the trailer featured the mandatory and completely retarded "look at us throwing stuff at the screen in 3D" scene.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 12:49:45 AM »

theatrical trailer.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 07:54:19 AM »

I'm calling it - the young girl is the next step in evolution, a hybrid between humans and vampires! She is the future of the entire human/vampire race! Its the ultimate race against time, and death, and flames!

ITS A NEW WAR, BABY!

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 03:19:16 PM »

I wonder if they accidentally played the latest Resident Evil instead of this in a theater if anyone would realize it?

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 03, 2011, 03:19:16 PM

I wonder if they accidentally played any of the previous Underworld movies the latest Resident Evil instead of this in a theater if anyone would realize it?

probably not

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 09:16:11 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 05, 2010, 08:48:50 PM

That's like saying internal hemorrhaging is more fun than blunt force trauma to the head.

Well... isn't it?

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »

I wonder if they accidentally played the latest Resident Evil instead of this in a theater if anyone would realize it?

You are all such haters!

Love the RE series, love the Underworld series!  The only thing better than Kate Beckinsale and/or Milla Jovovovovich is if you put them both together in the same movie.  And clone each of them!  And make them fight zombie dogs.  There's always room for zombie dogs.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »

RE = awful
UW = fun!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 09:19:18 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 03, 2011, 09:17:23 PM

You are all such haters!

Love the RE series, love the Underworld series!  The only thing better than Kate Beckinsale and/or Milla Jovovovovich is if you put them both together in the same movie.  And clone each of them!  And make them fight zombie dogs.  There's always room for zombie dogs.

Hmm, I could think of a few other things they could do together, than fight zombie dogs...

I'll be in my bunk.

A new one
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 04:51:23 AM »

You are all such haters!

You mean the only thing better OTHER than a Kate Bekinsale & Milla Jovovovich love scene.   drool
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 01:02:19 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 03, 2011, 09:19:18 PM

You are all such haters!

Love the RE series, love the Underworld series!  The only thing better than Kate Beckinsale and/or Milla Jovovovovich is if you put them both together in the same movie.  And clone each of them!  And make them fight zombie dogs.  There's always room for zombie dogs.

Hmm, I could think of a few other things they could do together, than fight zombie dogs...

I'll be in my bunk.

dude....are you...are you suggesting bestiality with zombie dogs???   icon_eek

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »

Nobody saw this?

I have good news and bad news.  The good news is I loved it!  It's definitely a real sequel off of the 2nd film, and doesn't move so far into the future that it ignores the past movies entirely.  I was afraid they were going to do an Aliens 3 and just advance into a whole future storyline and erase movie 2.  While they do pretty much move to a new story (no more flashbacks and backstory), it's still deeply rooted in the events of the first 2 movies.  A lot of gory, excellent and fun action sequences, and it's great to see Kate back in her outfit.  I saw it in 3D but I don't think it added much, just a few cool splatter and shatter effects.

The bad news is... I loved it!  But... I also loved the last RE movie in a very similar way.  Knowing almost everyone hated the last RE, I don't know whether to recommend the movie, because I left with basically the same feeling.  There isn't a whole lot to the "plot" depth, and like RE it leaves things wide open for a sequel.  There's a live action comic book feel to these movies that I think some people just won't enjoy.  Personally I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see more.  It opened at $25million so I'm hoping it will be enough to get a sequel.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »

I was going to go because I have a 10 dollar off promotion coupon that I received when buying a blu ray disc last week.  But after seeing the abysmal reviews I decided that almost free still isn't good enough.  icon_wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: