http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 10:20:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Tom Cruise taking on a different mission as The Man from UNCLE?  (Read 401 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »

he could be.  he did a good job as Ethan Hunt when they brought back Mission Impossible, and he seems to have the whole secret agent role down fairly decently.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 12:22:09 AM »

Beethoven's Symphony No.9 ..I think...(well,the Die Hard 5 trailer music,LOL) is currently playing in my mind,because i get to do this to you this time  Tongue

http://gamingtrend.com/forums/off-topic/(movie)-next-up-for-re-make-the-man-from-u-n-c-l-e/

the studio turned the project over to Ritchie and his producing partner Lionel Wigram.

Well ..I laughed at that last name,did you?(Apologies if any of you guys have that same last name)

Personally,i like Tom Cruise,and i like the Mission:Impossible films...but think this role should be given to someone else if i was to be honest,I can't see him playing it any different than he does with Ethan Hunt,right?..especially if that link is correct when they say M:I5 is also being developed

And I still want Sherlock Holmes 3 from Guy Ritchie....but i do want Guy Ritchie to start spreading his wings some more,so i guess this will do.

Never really got into The Man from U.N.C.L.E although it was a big hit here,i did love Get Smart Tongue

McCallum for me was always The Invisible Man which i had no idea only lasted 13 episodes..it feels like i spent most of my childhood watching that  icon_confused

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 12:28:12 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 20, 2013, 12:22:09 AM

Beethoven's Symphony No.9 ..I think...(well,the Die Hard 5 trailer music,LOL) is currently playing in my mind,because i get to do this to you this time  Tongue

http://gamingtrend.com/forums/off-topic/(movie)-next-up-for-re-make-the-man-from-u-n-c-l-e/

odd.  I do a search for that and all I get is the attached.

ps. Beethoven's Symphony No.9 is totally stolen from Gustav Holst biggrin

[edit] I bet it's the periods in UNCLE making it wonky.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:39:18 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »

I did a first search and it searched for all the letters in posts...so then i did a similar search but with the quotations(you taught me that!!),and it came up...i remembered the thread

PS-in the search i also initialled the word U.N.C.L.E. <<like so  icon_biggrin (EDIT:nevermind i have just seen your edit)

LOL on your PS icon_lol

So which part will Tom Cruise play,i would of said David McCallum because he always came off much younger than Robert Vaugh(although,like i said i didn't really watch the show) ,but looking it up,i see Vaughn was barely in his 30's when U.N.C.L.E. started and McCallum a year younger

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:51:57 PM »

Tom Cruise is out

No surprise really
EXCLUSIVE: Tom Cruise has exited as the lead in The Man From U.N.C.L.E., the remake of the classic TV series that Guy Ritchie will direct for Warner Bros. Cruise was scheduled to star in the film with Armie Hammer, but he has stepped out of the picture to focus on producing and starring in Mission: Impossible 5. Paramount and Skydance are now planning to begin shooting the latest installment of that franchise before year’s end. Warner Bros has a script they like, and a top director who’s expecting to direct U.N.C.L.E. in the fall. The timing proved too difficult and so Cruise stepped out to focus on M:I5.

Warner Bros will now go hard looking for the lead of this movie, which is inspired by the original TV series ran from 1964-68, with Robert Vaughan and David McCallum playing Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin, two agents of the United Network Command for Law Enforcement. With gadgets and their wits and charm, they fought the evil forces of Thrush. Hammer, who’ll be seen shortly alongside Johnny Depp in the Gore Verbinski-directed The Lone Ranger, is still firmly in the film.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 10:42:35 AM »

Superman?

I've heard such great things about MAN OF STEEL that every potential studio franchise out there would love to lock Cavill up in a multi-picture deal.  For now, at least, it looks like U.N.C.L.E. might be Cavill's next big budget franchise.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 11:12:29 AM »

Superuncle!

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 12:49:34 PM »

Actually, I think Cavill would be better choice for Napoleon Solo, than Tom Cruise.  Nothing against Cruise but the whole Ethan Hunt thing would hang all over his performance.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: