http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 12:16:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] The Three Musketeers  (Read 660 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2011, 12:08:43 AM »

directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.  It looks like he's bringing his style from the Resident Evil films over, and I'm looking forward to the mindless action this film is going to have.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 12:26:44 AM »

That looks really really awful.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 01:42:53 AM »

Oh man does that look horrifically bad. In day 1!  icon_biggrin

It was such a montage of every mindless drooling Hollywood idiocy and cliche that I actually LOLed when the "in 3D" popped up at the end.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 04:44:50 AM »

I have such a love for the Michael York,Oliver Reed Three and Four Musketeers that i will probably give this a miss,just like i did with Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherlands version

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 01:15:37 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 26, 2011, 04:44:50 AM

I have such a love for the Michael York,Oliver Reed Three and Four Musketeers that i will probably give this a miss,just like i did with Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherlands version
I'm with you on the Michael York version from the 70s. I did see the Sheen/Sutherland version, but I barely recall it I can't even remember who played de Rochforte or Constance in that remake. I can reel off almost the entire cast from the 70s edition.

This new one looks so over the top I wondered if it was a spoof at first.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »

If you like the Three Musketeers and you haven't already seen it, try watching The Man in the Iron Mask (1998).  IMO its a great movie if you like the Three Musketeers.  It's of my all time favorite movies.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »

Quote from: ydejin on March 26, 2011, 02:09:33 PM

If you like the Three Musketeers and you haven't already seen it, try watching The Man in the Iron Mask (1998).  IMO its a great movie if you like the Three Musketeers.  It's of my all time favorite movies.

I loved The Three Musketeers (the book is especially awesome and hilarious while the 70s version holds a dear place in my heart) but The Man In The Iron Mask was a heaping helping of fail. It was so hilariously bad though. "I don't wear the mask. The mask wears me." Or some crap like that. Joss Whedon even made fun of it in either a Buffy or Angel episode (I honestly forget which). Terrible film.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »

Quote from: ydejin on March 26, 2011, 02:09:33 PM

Good Call(unless WBS is correct Tongue )

no i haven't seen it(a friend also told me it was good),but i have been meaning to read the book as well as i am a big fan of The Three Musketeers book...been meaning to get to all the Musketeer/D'artagnan books infact-20 years after-which is what 'The Return of the Four Musketeers' was based on(which wasn't as good as the first two films,even though it had most of the cast) and The Victome of Bragelonne:10 years later-which 'includes' The Man in the Iron Mask

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 02:43:08 PM »

Quote from: Barrakketh on March 26, 2011, 01:15:37 PM

I'm with you on the Michael York version from the 70s. I did see the Sheen/Sutherland version, but I barely recall it I can't even remember who played de Rochforte or Constance in that remake. I can reel off almost the entire cast from the 70s edition.

This +10.  I've got to get that DVD two pack.  What a cast. Look it up on IMDB if you haven't seen them.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »

Gods that looks horrible - and in 3d? I'm sure that will enhance the crappy fighting sequences and slowmotion parts that can be seen in the trailer to no mean extent.

No thanks.

A new one
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 12:42:45 AM »

The chicks shouldn't be in the action sequences...........
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »

My niece wanted to see this because she loves Logan Lerman, so I ended up seeing it with my sister's family.  I recently noticed the commercials with Milla Jovoovovovich and thought it might be fun.

So yes, this movie is essentially Resident Evil: Musketeers (complete with what I think was the same exact cliffhanger from RE: Afterlife lol), so just sit back, relax, turn your brain off and enjoy! 

The movie is kind of all over the place and the acting is equally all over the place.  The 3 Musketeers are pretty much overshadowed by Percy Jackson (sporting a terrible haircut) and Milla (who is essentially an Alice clone, complete with superhuman moves and cool outfits - disappointed she didn't get to kick a zombie dog though) but it all makes for a pretty fun time, complete with laughs all at their goofy servant's expense.  It's funny because he's fat, you see!  The one main musketeer seemed like he was in a different (serious) movie, the second one left no impact on me (aside from his Batman-esque opening sequence) and Pullo was basically Pullo from Rome, which of course is always fun.

Seriously, if I felt like it, I could rip this movie into shreds, but instead I chose to enjoy myself.  The family all liked it, the audience did as well, and even clapped at the end.  So lighten up critics, just have a drink and have a good time.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »

Quote from: Scuzz on March 27, 2011, 12:42:45 AM

The chicks shouldn't be in the action sequences...........

icon_lol

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: