http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 03:54:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Movie] The Bourne Legacy  (Read 406 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/thebournelegacy/

There was never just one.

I enjoyed these movies with Matt Damon.  Interesting to see it continue with a new character now.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12:37 PM »

Is it a question of money that replaced Matt Damon or something else?  Not sure a different actor will as good in the role.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:25:01 PM »

Jeremy Renner is pretty good.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 11:53:42 PM »

Quote from: Caine on February 12, 2012, 10:12:37 PM

Is it a question of money that replaced Matt Damon or something else?  Not sure a different actor will as good in the role.

The Bourne Ultimatum wrapped up Jason Bourne's story pretty well and Matt Damon said he didn't want to do another movie without the same director, who then said he wasn't interested in making another because he was done with the story.  In order to keep the franchise going, they've brought in a different director and are using a story that focuses on a different operative...it's not actually about Bourne this time.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 01:02:05 AM »

The lead character in the Bourne Legacy novel is Jason Bourne's son, anyway, so no need to make another Matt Damon as Bourne movie.  Even though the first three movies bore almost no resemblance to the novels.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 02:04:55 AM »

hmm,not sure about this,enjoyed the first 3 movies,but was kind of happy with them ending like that..suppose i will wait until DVD/TV

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 02:19:36 AM »

I'm in for sure.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 02:22:29 AM »

hopefully this means no shaky cam.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 02:29:35 AM »

Quote from: theohall on February 13, 2012, 01:02:05 AM

The lead character in the Bourne Legacy novel is Jason Bourne's son, anyway, so no need to make another Matt Damon as Bourne movie.  Even though the first three movies bore almost no resemblance to the novels.

ah.  was not aware of that. 

I figured it was about him so seeing someone else take his name would have been odd.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 03:14:24 AM »

Quote from: Caine on February 13, 2012, 02:29:35 AM

Quote from: theohall on February 13, 2012, 01:02:05 AM

ah.  was not aware of that. 

I figured it was about him so seeing someone else take his name would have been odd.

The tag line for the movie is also "there was never just one".  I don't think this guy is the son because all the other characters look about the same age, but it's definitely a different person in the program.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 09:20:35 AM »

I'm interested in this.  I haven't read any of Ludlum's Bourne books, so they're all new and fresh stories for me. As much as I did enjoy all of the trilogy, I didn't enjoy the 2nd and 3rd as much. I'm not sorry to hear Paul Greengrass won't be directing this new film. Despite being a big fan of some of his other work, for me his style just didn't work as well for Bourne.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 09:28:50 AM »

Heh, even if you had read the books, the movies would be very very fresh to you!  icon_lol

They bear little to no resemblance at all to the books, which is a shame, but its of course because of how storytelling has evolved over the last few decades.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 07:29:22 PM »

that actually looks kinda cool.  needs more shaky cam though.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 13, 2012, 07:29:22 PM

No! It needs more Found Footage!  retard

Actually, the back story is that Tony Gilroy (directed Michael Clayton a few years back and scripted the previous Bourne films) hated what Doug Liman and Paul Greengrass did with those Bourne scripts even though they were tremendously successful, and any interview you look up, he'll go on and on about it. I'm not sure what that means for this film. Not sure if that means we'll see less shaky cam, a little more plotting, or what.

I like Jeremy Renner, and anyone who saw The Town or MI 4 knows he can handle his guns and look tough and ready for action. He's still not quite as Big a Name as Matt Damon though and it'll be interesting to see whether he can carry this off box office wise.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 13, 2012, 08:58:28 PM

shakey cam + found footage + Michael Bay!!!!! icon_biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 02:39:51 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 13, 2012, 08:58:28 PM

Actually, the back story is that Tony Gilroy (directed Michael Clayton a few years back and scripted the previous Bourne films) hated what Doug Liman and Paul Greengrass did with those Bourne scripts even though they were tremendously successful, and any interview you look up, he'll go on and on about it. I'm not sure what that means for this film. Not sure if that means we'll see less shaky cam, a little more plotting, or what.

I like Jeremy Renner, and anyone who saw The Town or MI 4 knows he can handle his guns and look tough and ready for action. He's still not quite as Big a Name as Matt Damon though and it'll be interesting to see whether he can carry this off box office wise.
The trailers I have seen of "Legacy" actually are encouraging me to see the film.  The action sequences aren't shaky-cam sequences in the trailer.  Tony Gilroy's other action film - very little use of shaky-cam.  Friggin' Greengrass is a lame-ass director incapable of shooting an action sequence without using the shaky-cam crutch.  Heck, he used the damn shaky-cam when characters were talking on the phone.  I am glad Gilroy is getting to direct his own script.  While the scripts did divert from the novels in a huge way, the over-use of a particular filming technique ruined the films for those who can't stand sitting through an almost non-stop epileptic filming fit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: