http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 08:26:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron  (Read 3182 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 29, 2013, 04:51:35 PM

Thanos should be saved for a third movie if they decide to a do a trilogy.  Give him the Infinity Gauntlet and let the fun times begin

they can name it Avengers: Infinity.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 29, 2013, 07:18:06 PM

Thanos should be saved for a third movie if they decide to a do a trilogy.  Give him the Infinity Gauntlet and let the fun times begin

And a 4th movie?  Can we call it Avengers: To Infinity and Beyond?  Marvel is a Disney company after all. icon_wink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2013, 09:22:36 PM »

Quote from: Biyobi on August 29, 2013, 09:17:56 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 29, 2013, 07:18:06 PM

And a 4th movie?  Can we call it Avengers: To Infinity and Beyond?  Marvel is a Disney company after all. icon_wink

I was more thinking along the lines of them using the names of recent events in the comics.  Age of Ultron happened earlier this year, and Infinity, which involves Thanos, is just starting up.  of course it sounds like Age of Ultron will be nothing like the comic event, so maybe they could call it Dark Reign or something smile

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 07:08:24 PM »

a spycam video of the teaser from Comic Con has been leaked.

Spoiler for Hiden:
don't rush, Disney already blocked it, but who knows where it might turn up?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 02:29:45 AM »

a new leak of the teaser, don't know how long it will stay up.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2013, 05:27:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2013, 02:29:45 AM

a new leak of the teaser, don't know how long it will stay up.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/09/26/avengers-age-of-ultron-teaser/
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »

Ultron will probably be a early form of Jarvis that Stark eventually discarded is my guess

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2013, 11:22:15 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 26, 2013, 05:56:51 PM

Ultron will probably be a early form of Jarvis that Stark eventually discarded is my guess

that sounds fairly plausible.  or even the current form of Jarvis corrupted somehow.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 01:16:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2013, 11:22:15 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 26, 2013, 05:56:51 PM

that sounds fairly plausible.  or even the current form of Jarvis corrupted somehow.

That was a strong rumor that leaked exactly a month ago, in fact.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »

Some guy I have never heard of is confirmed to be Quicksilver!

I guess that is good news...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:01:32 PM by farley2k » Logged

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »

bummer, I was hoping they would throw caution to the wind and have the same guy do quicksilver in both movies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2013, 08:13:18 AM »

lots of Hulk.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on October 30, 2013, 07:59:06 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on October 30, 2013, 08:53:32 PM

bummer, I was hoping they would throw caution to the wind and have the same guy do quicksilver in both movies.

yeah and to have things a little stranger you have two actors from Kick Ass now playing Quicksilver

These two in fact(on the left is X-Men Days of Future Past Quicksilver and on the right is Avengers 2 Quicksilver)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2013, 08:17:02 AM »

it's going to be awesome either way.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2013, 08:18:57 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 31, 2013, 08:13:18 AM

Ruffalo needs his own Hulk movie,i don't give two shits if the last two Hulk movies did rather poor

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2013, 08:19:04 AM »

biggrin yep he does.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 31, 2013, 08:18:57 AM

Ruffalo needs his own Hulk movie,i don't give two shits if the last two Hulk movies did rather poor

Agreed!  The Hulk has the single best scene in any Marvel superhero movie so far and basically stole the Avengers.  Ruffalo has been good in pretty much everything Ive seen him in and could easily carry a Hulk movie, IMHO.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2013, 01:25:06 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 31, 2013, 11:59:12 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 31, 2013, 08:18:57 AM

Agreed!  The Hulk has the single best scene in any Marvel superhero movie so far and basically stole the Avengers.  Ruffalo has been good in pretty much everything Ive seen him in and could easily carry a Hulk movie, IMHO.

No question a Hulk movie should happen.  However, the suits generally only see numbers.  OTOH, Marvel can kind of do what they want at this point.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2013, 02:37:14 PM »

It's the script, guys. Yes, you can just have Hulk spend about 95 minutes smashing everyone and everything in sight, screaming "puny so and so," but that won't carry an entire movie.

imho, he's awesome in short doses, but it's up to some screenwriter(s) to craft a film where you give a damn about Bruce Banner -- and isn't mopey and self-pitying as he has been in the two solo films so far -- and not just about CGI Hulk beating everyone and everything's brains out. The two Hulk films are boring, imho, because it's Hulk destroying tanks and mostly faceless nobodies or a one-note not terribly charismatic bad guy (Tim Roth's mercenary type in the most recent film).

I'm sure Whedon could figure something out. Obviously he has a cool feel for the character. I assume Kevin Feige wants to bring him back to direct a third Avengers film and wouldn't likely ask him to write any scripts for the solo films.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2013, 05:08:52 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 31, 2013, 02:37:14 PM

It's the script, guys. Yes, you can just have Hulk spend about 95 minutes smashing everyone and everything in sight, screaming "puny so and so," but that won't carry an entire movie.

imho, he's awesome in short doses, but it's up to some screenwriter(s) to craft a film where you give a damn about Bruce Banner -- and isn't mopey and self-pitying as he has been in the two solo films so far -- and not just about CGI Hulk beating everyone and everything's brains out. The two Hulk films are boring, imho, because it's Hulk destroying tanks and mostly faceless nobodies or a one-note not terribly charismatic bad guy (Tim Roth's mercenary type in the most recent film).

Totally agree with this.  For me, Hulk has always been great in small bursts in a team atmosphere.  I loved his interplay in the original Defenders series the most, he had fun chemistry with all of the team members.  But on his own, it's a hard sell, and this is coming from someone who watched the entire old TV series.  It's inherently a depressing story if you focus on Banner, but when he's the Hulk you're limited in terms of what you can do with dialog, AND stuck with CGI (or Lou Ferrigno) for any emotional elements.  Even the best script would have trouble overcoming those limitations.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2013, 07:42:45 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 31, 2013, 05:08:52 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on October 31, 2013, 02:37:14 PM

Totally agree with this.  For me, Hulk has always been great in small bursts in a team atmosphere.  I loved his interplay in the original Defenders series the most, he had fun chemistry with all of the team members.  But on his own, it's a hard sell, and this is coming from someone who watched the entire old TV series.  It's inherently a depressing story if you focus on Banner, but when he's the Hulk you're limited in terms of what you can do with dialog, AND stuck with CGI (or Lou Ferrigno) for any emotional elements.  Even the best script would have trouble overcoming those limitations.

In a world with Andy Serkis and the Na'vi, I think it's entirely possible to have a Hulk that we can connect with.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2013, 03:02:45 AM »

Any more than a detached billionaire playboy in a tin can?

I wouldn't mind seeing the grey hulk/ green hulk series.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2013, 03:10:28 AM »

no love for the Red Hulk?  Grey vs Red!

Because I can,
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2013, 06:08:35 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 01, 2013, 03:10:28 AM

no love for the Red Hulk?  Grey vs Red!

How can you ask for more Hulk when we have the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.?  I've seen a couple of episodes.  These are full time hulks with no puny human forms.  It is amusing to hear Faith the vampire slayer and the Kurgan bickering with their thoughtful leader, Hulk.  So it's kind of like Red vs. Grey.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2014, 05:30:48 AM »

Aaaand, because The Avengers doesn't already have enough characters, with Warwitch and Quicksilver coming aboard...

Paul Bettany to Play the Vision in Marvelís ĎAvengers: Age of Ultroní
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/paul-bettany-to-play-the-vision-in-marvels-avengers-age-of-ultron-1201090635/
Paul Bettany, best known in the Marvel world for voicing Jarvis, Tony Starkís helpful A.I. system, will be playing the Vision in Marvelís ďThe Avengers: Age of Ultron.Ē

Production starts next month, with director Joss Whedon and cast members like Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. The Vision was an android created by the robotic villain Ultron, who was meant to be one of Ultronís henchmen but who instead turns against him and becomes a hero.
When I was reading The Avengers as a teen in the early 1980s, Warwitch and The Vision were husband-wife. Kinda doubt that'll be the case for the movie.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 07:50:24 PM »

So, Scarlett's preggers, which will likely force Joss and company to film as much of her scenes early on in production as possible, otherwise they go Austin Powers and place random objects in front of Black Widow's belly when she's onscreen.  icon_razz And of course they're less likely to ask her to do certain kinds of dangerous stunt work.

How will 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' handle Scarlett Johansson's pregnancy?
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/04/avengers-2-scarlett-johansson-pregnant/

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2014, 07:32:35 PM »

South Korean videos of some footage of Chris Evan's stunt double as Captain America, during on-location filming in South Korea. They've done some filming at a massive bridge over a river there, and on some local roads in South Korea too. Seems like with the varied locations (South Africa, ItalyEngland, South Korea etc.), Joss really wants to make Avengers 2 very global in scope, and well, that could also be helpful at the box office. I'm sure folks in the various countries participating in the filming will enjoy that.

4 New Videos from the Set of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Feature Captain America
http://collider.com/avengers-2-set-videos/#more-324134
*Nothing earthshaking, it seems like Cap has crashed into a small car's windshield and sort of sits upright on it during this footage. The thinking seems to be that the readhead driving a motorcycle could be Scarlett Johansson's stunt double.

You can get an idea of Cap's revamped costume, which to me seems like sort of a mix of the Avengers' costume's color scheme on burlier material closer to the final costume at the end of the first Captain America movie. imho, the issue with his Avengers' costume is -- even if it gave Evans as an actor more comfort and freedom of movement -- that it just made Cap look too scrawny.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:22:04 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2014, 11:25:23 PM »

I suspect some Avengers might have smaller roles in 2, just due to the nature of the story. But frankly, if there's anyone I trust to manage an ensemble cast that large, it's Joss Whedon. Not because I'm some superfan of his, but rather that he's proven himself very capable of directing shows with large ensemble casts.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 04, 2014, 11:25:23 PM

I suspect some Avengers might have smaller roles in 2, just due to the nature of the story. But frankly, if there's anyone I trust to manage an ensemble cast that large, it's Joss Whedon. Not because I'm some superfan of his, but rather that he's proven himself very capable of directing shows with large ensemble casts.
While I don't know what to believe, Joss has told folks The Hulk and Hawkeye will get more extensive storyline stuff this time around. Hawkeye spent most of Avengers walking around brainwashed, and Hulk/Banner was of course much fun perhaps in part because he just Was and Avengers didn't have to burn time on a mini origin story. I'd suspect as a scientist Banner might have reason to be more involved with fighting Ultron.

Since teaming up opposites like Cap and Black Widow worked so well in Cap 2, I could see why mixing different personalities and um body builds  icon_smile like Hulk and Hawkeye might be cool.

Given the varied location filming, I'm wondering if they'll -- perhaps like this season's Walking Dead -- have the characters working in duos here and there, and then eventually coming together. The motorcycle rider in the video in Korea is presumably a Black Widow stand-in.

I'm kind of eager to see how Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch work with the rest of the team. Like if Quicksilver held Cap and his shield up and ran with them like a supersonic battering ram.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2014, 07:52:28 PM »

A blog called Joblo.com posted some neat photos of Chris Evans (earlier pix were his stunt double) on set in South Korea, with the new Avengers costume that seems like a cool hybrid of the first Avengers' costume's color scheme, the "helmet with ear holes" from Cap 2's stealth suit, and the WWII suit from late in Cap 1.

More Set Pics and Video of Captain America in Avengers: Age of Ultron
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/more-set-pics-and-video-of-captain-america-in-avengers-age-of-ultron
*They seem to have added a bit of padding to the forearms and a bit of shoulderpads and kneepads too (at least, seems more noticeable). Boots have a bit of red strapping.
*Since modern Cap doesn't use firearms, a bit curious about what's in his "ammo belt" pockets. Maybe Tony or Black Widow provided him some new toys? icon_smile
*Much ado made of the Avengers insignia on the left upper arm, suggesting a more formalized organization.

I like the new look and don't have an interest in the "scales" from the comic -- I think in real life they'd make him look like a bird.  icon_razz

Summer in Korea can get pretty uncomfortable, so it makes sense they wrapped up filming in early Spring.
============

I watched Avengers all the way through on Monday via Netflix (can't seem to find my DVD  tear) to refresh my memory. While I still loved it, it did jump out to me how carefully Joss frames his action. He's not a fan of hand-camera work, nor of zooming in claustrophobically (per Nolan's Batman films). It's like I could always see the parties involved, and never got confused by his camera placement/edits.

That said, watching his fighting take on Cap was almost deflating after the "in your face-ness" of the Russos in Cap 2. While I don't expect Whedon to indulge in handheld camera stuff (I wouldn't want him to), hopefully he'll take some inspiration at least maybe in spirit of how they handled Cap's fighting scenes, and making more versatile use of the shield, being less of a grumpy Boy Scout counterpart to Tony Stark etc. icon_cool
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:04:37 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 03:10:04 PM »

Oh what the heck, every blog on Earth is posting these, so here's the photos of Chris Evans from Korea  icon_smile Yonhap is South Korea's main news agency. I think the videos are of the stunt double, who's just a bit bulkier than Evans. Kind of interesting he's on an Audi (!) in Korea. Chevy was the main automaker sponsor for Cap 2, but Audi I think has been the one for the Iron Man films.

Since Marvel clearly wasn't discouraging filming and photography, I wonder if the story angle incorporates Avengers getting treated like rock stars there.  icon_smile

*Think they filmed this with his stunt double originally, with the car moving.

Walking! icon_smile

Can't really chat about the Avengers emblem without getting into Cap 2 spoilers...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Some fan speculation is with S.H.I.E.L.D. being, you know, maybe Stark is funding the Avengers as a standalone organization with an official emblem. Though given how IM3 ends, I'm not sure where the money comes from now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:11:51 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2014, 06:06:46 PM »

Slightly off topic, but after seeing another trailer for the new X-Men film, I just have to say that having the licensing split so that the same damn characters are played by two different actors at the same time is getting annoying. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2014, 03:16:00 AM »

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-official-ultron-photo-reveal/
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2014, 03:08:09 AM »

Cool art from SDCC

Teggy