http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 07:42:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron  (Read 4980 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »

figured I might as well kick of a thread about it with news that WHEDON WILL BE BACK BABY!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:12:33 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »

He's also apparently developing a Marvel-themed TV show for ABC.  icon_cool Variety said this all came up during a Disney Investors Conference Call. So it'll be interesting to hear Whedon about all this at some point down the road.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:10:56 PM »

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:14:03 PM »

Hooray!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »

Ms Marvel to be in the sequel?

Could Ms Marvel be turning up in Joss Whedon's The Avengers 2? And could she be played by Ruth Wilson or Emily Blunt?

Slightly Off Topic,i watched the two Hulk movies again last night and then looked on info on the new Hulk movie,apparently Mark Ruffalo who played Hulk in The Avengers has signed on for a 6 movie deal,this was reported in May
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/may/01/mark-ruffalo-hulk-six-movie-deal

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 09:05:20 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 08, 2012, 08:06:03 PM

Ms Marvel to be in the sequel?

Could Ms Marvel be turning up in Joss Whedon's The Avengers 2? And could she be played by Ruth Wilson or Emily Blunt?
That‘s great news. My daugher will be thrilled about this as she‘s played her beginning to end in all our Ultimate Alliance 2 playthroughs. I don‘t know much about her character from the Marvel canon, but man was she ever 1 lethal gal in MUA2! Really good to hear Wedon might be doing an Avengers TV series too.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:12:28 PM by kronovan » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:22 AM »

Post Credit Scene of Avengers 2 to be aimed at new Hulk standalone movie?

totalfilm

According to the site, Avengers 2 will feature a post-credits scene that tees up a standalone Hulk movie, with the big green rage-ball being deemed too unstable to be allowed to stay on Earth.

Hulk is then blasted off into space to follow a storyline based around the comic-book, Planet Hulk, in which our hero winds up on the planet Sakaar, where he leads a rebellion against the evil Red King.

That in turn will set up the events of Avengers 3, in which Hulk and his new army of followers return to Earth to get him some payback, following the Avengers vs. Hulk arc featured in the World War Hulk book.

Now obviously none of this has received any official confirmation, but we’d love to see the Hulk taken into more interesting territory than simply smashing on demand for SHIELD. And what better villain for the Avengers to ultimately face, than a pissed off member of their own ranks?

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »

I like Ms. Marvel, or rather, the newer Captain Marvel in her new costume. It's actually one of the few comic book heroines that doesn't have an absurdly sexualized costume, beyond it being a super leotard anyway.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »

http://collider.com/mark-ruffalo-avengers-2-hulk/

Mark Ruffalo Says We’ll See Hulk Again in AVENGERS 2, But No Plans for a Stand-Alone Movie

Rumors have been flying around that there are/aren’t plans for Marvel to make a stand-alone Hulk movie some time in the near future.  Marvel’s own Kevin Feige put two potential source materials for a Hulk film on the table last year.  Then we got news on possible plot details for not only a stand-alone Hulk film after The Avengers 2, but what may turn out to be a Hulk-centric plot for The Avengers 3.  About a month after that, writer/director Joss Whedon (The Avengers) put the kibosh to the rumors.  Now, the face behind the Hulk himself, Mark Ruffalo, has taken to the Tweets to comment on the state of Hulk. 

A lot of folks have been asking about the Next Hulk. The next time you see my Hulk it will be in the Avengers 2. No plans for stand alone.

I am not giving up on another stand alone HULK. But it’s not in the works right now. One never knows what the future will bring.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 12:11:51 AM »

looks like we may be seeing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.  The question is how will they handle them since they cannot use either of the M words.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »

ready for the prequel?

The Avengers:  Earth's Mightiest Negotiators!

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »

Jeremy Renner (probably grateful for more exposure)

saywhat

Hurt Locker, Hansel & Gretel, Mission Impossible, and the new Bourne movie, and he needs more exposure?  W.T.F.?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »

Quicklsilver doing double duty? or maybe no Avengers duty?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 06:30:18 PM »

5 Heroes to expect.  they also list 5 that it will take a miracle to show up, and of those 5 4 seem pretty much like wishful thinking and 1, Black Panther, I think has a better shot of showing up than the first 3 'heroes to expect'.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 07:18:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 04, 2013, 12:11:51 AM

looks like we may be seeing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.  The question is how will they handle them since they cannot use either of the M words.

Whedon confirmed this on Jimmy Fallon: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/joss-whedon-on-the-avengers-and-much-ado-about-nothing/n37370

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 10:10:50 PM »

Whedon on RDJ's contract negotiations:

He is Iron Man. He is Iron Man in the way that Sean Connery was James Bond. I have no intention of making Avengers 2 without him, nor do I think I’ll be called upon to do that. I don’t think it’s in my interest, Marvel’s interest, or his interest, and I think everything will be fine. But I know that this is Hollywood and you roll with things. You have to be ready for the unexpected. But I loved working with Robert, and everybody knows he embodied that role in a way no one else can.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 10:12:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 07, 2013, 10:10:50 PM

Whedon on RDJ's contract negotiations:

He is Iron Man. He is Iron Man in the way that Sean Connery was James Bond. I have no intention of making Avengers 2 without him, nor do I think I’ll be called upon to do that. I don’t think it’s in my interest, Marvel’s interest, or his interest, and I think everything will be fine. But I know that this is Hollywood and you roll with things. You have to be ready for the unexpected. But I loved working with Robert, and everybody knows he embodied that role in a way no one else can.

I'm usually on board with Whedon's sense of humor, but I'm not sure if he's being funny with the Sean Connery comment.  Or if he is, what he's trying to imply with that.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 01:29:22 AM »

Quicksilver may really be Kick-ass!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »

No Loki for Avengers 2

The way Joss Whedon snuck the word 'quim' into Avengers Assemble - seemingly without anyone minding that Loki called Black Widow a... well, you know - was nothing short of masterful. And during our recent podcast interview with the geek god, we had to ask if he was planning something similar for Avengers 2, and his response revealed an nteresting detail: Loki isn't in the Avengers sequel - not even as a brotherly buddy for Thor.

"Everyone is going to be looking for the Loki-Hulk smash moment and you'll be looking for [a quim moment]. First of all, imitating what I did before is the surest way to do it not as well. Second of all, Loki's not there to say those terrible things. Although I do think we should bring the word back, not as an insult, it's just a nice word."

The whole interview (which starts 19 minutes into the podcast) sees Mr. Whedon on very good form, discussing everything from newcomers Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and how they'll fit into proceedings to the current state of the first draft, but you'll have to listen to it in full yourself - see the SoundCloud embed below, as well as these iTunes and RSS feed links for details - to get the whole skinny. Trust us, you won't be disappointed. Unless, of course, you were hoping for an extra helping of 'Reindeer Games', in which case... sorry about that.

The audio interview is in the link

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 03:59:47 PM »

kinda figured they'd be giving Loki a rest.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 06:32:47 PM »

Cable is so much damn fun to play as in Marvel Heroes (despite my knowing zilch about the comic), that I find myself wishing he would become an Avenger. Probably not happening though.  tear icon_razz

And the game just again reminds me that it KILLS me that movie rights shenanigans mean you'll likely never see Dr. Doom in an Avengers' film. Done right, I think he could be an awesome villain for one.

There, I've added nothing constructive to the Avengers 2 thread at all. Someone moderate me!  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 07:06:43 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 16, 2013, 06:32:47 PM

Cable is so much damn fun to play as in Marvel Heroes (despite my knowing zilch about the comic), that I find myself wishing he would become an Avenger.

About the closest he gets to the Avengers in the comics is the time he defeated Captain America and Iron Man (Falcon too but big whoop there slywink ) before getting his ass handed to him by the others.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »

I have just been reading the comments on AICN about Loki not being in Avengers 2

Guess Hiddleston will be low key instead.

Badoom tush.

icon_lol icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 10:50:23 PM »

icon_lol icon_lol

Because I can,
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »

As much as I like Hiddleston, they can't keep bringing him back.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 08:46:55 PM »

“I am Iron Man.”

Tony Stark’s famous closing line to the very first Iron Man film takes on new life today as Marvel is pleased to announce the signing of Robert Downey, Jr. to reprise the role of the “billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist.”

Under the two-picture agreement, Downey will star as Tony Stark/Iron Man in “Marvel’s The Avengers 2” and “Marvel’s The Avengers 3.” Downey is represented at CAA by Bryan Lourd, Jim Toth and Matt Leaf and by his attorneys Tom Hansen and Stewart Brookman of the firm Hansen Jacobson.

Downey, Jr.’s last two Marvel films, 2012’s “Marvel’s The Avengers” and this year’s “Iron Man 3,” rank as two of the top five grossing films of all time, collectively earning over $2.7 billion worldwide to date. “Marvel’s The Avengers 2” is being written and directed by Joss Whedon. Featuring favorites from the first Avengers film and new Marvel characters never before seen on the big screen, “Marvel’s The Avengers 2” is slated to begin production in March 2014 and open in theaters May 1, 2015.

so RDJ is in for Avengers 2 and 3 but not for Iron Man 4 (yet).

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 04:28:20 AM »

I don't think they'll do another Iron Man for a while. I think he's done with that role, the only reason he's taking Avengers is that it's a large ensemble cast, still a lot of pressure, but it's not all on him and often times his role is just sitting in a studio with a camera zoomed in on his face.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 11:17:28 PM »

so, they've been talking with Vin Diesel, and he is supposedly signed to play an unnamed role.

just slap on some purple paint, some prosthetics, add in a little CGI work and it could be a match.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 05:13:07 AM »

so.... maybe no Thanos now?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 05:17:03 AM »

I'm really hoping they don't copy the storyline that just happened in the books.  it wasn't all that great, and it took years of setup for it to work which made it not very new reader friendly.  Plus they don't have access to some of the major players in the story.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:22:41 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »

Thanos pulling strings in the Guardians movie, maybe?    Hank Pym/Ant Man set up in Avengers 2?
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »

Quote from: sgoldj on July 21, 2013, 09:14:27 PM

Thanos pulling strings in the Guardians movie, maybe?    Hank Pym/Ant Man set up in Avengers 2?

I guess not.

Well, because there was a book called 'Age of Ultron' quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we're doing, but that is not the case," Whedon says. "We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 21, 2013, 05:13:07 AM

so.... maybe no Thanos now?
imho, Thanos is someone you save for a final Avengers movie (or at least a last one that Whedon directs) as a dessert topping.  icon_smile

But movie series aren't really kind to 3rd films, so we'll see how that goes, if that's the case. paranoid

As far as Ultron goes, never heard of him before -- I thought maybe he was a monster in the Ultra Man TV series I loved as a kid.  icon_razz So at least I can go into the film unawares.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:30:55 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 04:56:52 PM »

I bet it's Stark that creates him then, probably from trying to create an smarter AI than what he had controlling his suits before.  from what they showed at SDCC it makes sense.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 04:29:31 PM »

James Spader plays Ultron

Marvel has officially announced that James Spader will play Ultron in the forthcoming Avengers sequel...

Here's some great news: actor James Spader has been cast as the title villain in the forthcoming Avengers sequel, Age Of Ultron.

Spader's icy brilliance can be seen in everything from Pretty In Pink, Secretary to David Cronenberg's confrontational, controversial Crash, and the Avengers sequel's sure to benefit from a bit of the actor's eccentric charisma.

Writer and director Joss Whedon has already said that he and his team are doing their "own version of the origin story of Ultron", and with Spader in the role, he could be one of the most memorable antagonists yet seen in a Marvel movie.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron is out on the 1st May 201

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 04:39:03 PM »

If Whedon doesn't give Ultron an origin in which he begins life as Johnny Five, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 04:51:35 PM »

Thanos should be saved for a third movie if they decide to a do a trilogy.  Give him the Infinity Gauntlet and let the fun times begin

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »

Just as long as they go with the older version of Adam Warlock and not the revamped version.

...and they cast Rob Corddry, Danny McBride or John C. Reilly as Puck.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:56:01 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 05:33:58 PM »

Sex, Lies and... Ultron

Let us not forget his earliest classic appearances in...

Endless Love:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endless_Love_%281981_film%29

Tuff Turf (might be his closet thing to an action movie role):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuff_Turf

Mannequin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannequin_%281987_film%29

I had high hopes when Spader joined The Office's cast in the post Michael Scott era, but ultimately he came across more as just plain weird rather than menacing or funny. I do think his voice is distinctive, and if Ultron is primarily voicing for CGI/practical FX robot stuff, he'll probably be fine.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2013, 05:58:46 PM »

I remember loving Tuff Turf as a kid.   paranoid

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: