http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 03:18:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Stargate being rebooted?  (Read 340 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2013, 03:26:42 PM »

and their going to try for a trilogy again?  maybe they can bring in The Rock.

So here we are, nearly twenty years later, talking about STARGATE once more.  Surreal an unnerving in many regards, but also strangely comforting.  Seems Roland Emmerich (is Dean Devlin along for this ride?) is entering into discussions about rebooting STARGATE as a film franchise - three films from the sound of it.  Emmerich is very clear to state that this is not a continuation of of his feature film, whose universe was largely re-cast and beaten into the ground (my wording, not his) by televisionís STARGATE SG-1 and its numerous spin-offs.  Indeed, this sounds like a full-on restart. 

Whatís interesting to me about this - other than I think thereís vast and unexplored potential in the STARGATE mythos even as itís currently defined - is that Emmerich has stated all along that heíd originally hope to develop three films from the STARGATE concept he and Devlin launched back in the early 90s.  If memory serves (I believe this is more or less correct - but itís been a while, so allow a margin for error), E&Dís original intent was to more or less continue addressing the threat posed by the super-race we saw pulling the strings in the first film...but on worlds featuring extremely different environments, each presenting very different and unique threats.

Will Emmerich & Co. revisit this notion for these new pictures, or will time and re-think take The Powers That Be in very different directions - given that the TV seriese mayíve already stolen a bit of thunder in this regard? Although...most of the alien worlds on those shows looked suspiciously like Canada, so Emmerich may have some room to breathe...

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »

I dunno. I can't see a Stargate without Richard Dean Anderson thanks to the TV show. And he's just a little old to be reprising his part.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 06:02:38 PM »

I loved the first movie, but I was never really able to get into the TV show, so I was disappointed that there was no followup to the first movie.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 03:19:29 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on September 06, 2013, 06:02:38 PM

I loved the first movie, but I was never really able to get into the TV show, so I was disappointed that there was no followup to the first movie.
I'm in... I loved the movie and all the shows, so hoping for the best..
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »

I never thought the original movie was all that good to begin with, and I never watched the TV shows.   paranoid

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »

The only tv series I watched was SG: Universe. It started out pretty shaky but was starting to get good when they canceled it. Don't think I ever saw the movie, so I just added it to my netflix queue.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 06:18:54 AM »

Loved the original movie - Its the only one I'®ve ever been to a danish cinema in which the audience spontaneously clapped (At the saluting in the end).

A new one
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 06:24:04 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on September 08, 2013, 03:19:29 AM

Quote from: Rumpy on September 06, 2013, 06:02:38 PM

I'm in... I loved the movie and all the shows, so hoping for the best..
Yep. Well, maybe not Universe. Everything I seen of that was pretty bad.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: