http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 03:27:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Star Trek 3  (Read 797 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:27:43 PM »

yeah, yeah, the second one isn't really out yet, but they've already started talking about the third one.  Mind you there are potentially minor spoilers in the article, but they do mention Klingons plus Q and the Borg for a later film.  Pine and Quinto are also signed for 3 films, so barring anything major happening they'll be back.

anyways, I imagine they'll want to get the third film out quicker this time; originally they wanted 2 to be out in 2011, then moved it back to summer 2012, then holiday 2012, and finally May 2013.  2016 would work well since it coincides with the 50th anniversary of the original series.  of course I imagine that would mean no Abrams behind the camera.  of course, a 2015 release could set the stage for the biggest geek battle ever....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:07:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 04, 2013, 09:27:43 PM

yeah, yeah, the second one isn't really out yet, but they've already started talking about the third one.  Mind you there are potentially minor spoilers in the article, but they do mention Klingons plus Q and the Borg for a later film.  Pine and Quinto are also signed for 3 films, so barring anything major happening they'll be back.

anyways, I imagine they'll want to get the third film out quicker this time; originally they wanted 2 to be out in 2011, then moved it back to summer 2012, then holiday 2012, and finally May 2013.  2016 would work well since it coincides with the 50th anniversary of the original series.  of course I imagine that would mean no Abrams behind the camera.  of course, a 2015 release could set the stage for the biggest geek battle ever....
I wonder what would happen if SW & ST both came out the same day??? Would be interesting to see the lines.... May have to declare a world wide mandatory holiday!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on May 05, 2013, 01:07:35 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 04, 2013, 09:27:43 PM

I wonder what would happen if SW & ST both came out the same day??? Would be interesting to see the lines.... May have to declare a world wide mandatory holiday!

No one would be in the movie lines.  The hospitals would be full, however taking care of multiple instances of this:

Spoiler for Hiden:

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 05:51:11 PM »

Bah, as much as I like the borg, please, no more! They've been overused and any appearance in the new movies would mean they're creatively bankrupt. Create on your own damned ideas, J.J!
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 08:21:22 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on May 06, 2013, 05:51:11 PM

Bah, as much as I like the borg, please, no more! They've been overused and any appearance in the new movies would mean they're creatively bankrupt. Create on your own damned ideas, J.J!
Agreed. smile

And I'd like at some point a little more exploration/discovery in the movies. I don't expect them to be TV episodes per se, but really, we've had our reboot Origin story, and I loved it; and now it's the dark "space terrorist" who at least on the surface seems a riff on Javier Bardem's character in the recent Skyfall bond film. Now...

OMG. Now it's gonna be a riff on Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (which I liked, but don't feel JJ and co. need to reboot). What have I done? Forget my suggestion. biggrin

Seriously though, we haven't yet had our "Kirk trapped on a planet where he has to team up with some combative alien to survive/escape" storyline. Maybe that's the third movie right there. God knows, so much of our planet is so busy trying to kill each other over everything. How about giving us a sci-fi movie with a little bit of teaming up/hope? They can rip off Wolfgang Petersen's "Enemy Mine," perhaps minus the hermaphrodite angle... smile
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:24:24 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 07:07:59 PM »

to start shooting next year?
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-trek/26400/zachary-quinto-hints-star-trek-3-will-shoot-next-year

Star Trek 3 may be coming just a little quicker, and JJ Abrams apparently still wants to direct...

After the success of Star Trek: Into Darkness it's little surprise that Paramount is keen to press on with a third instalment of the current cinematic run and not have the lengthy delay experienced between Star Trek in 2009 and Into Darkness released this year.

And it seems that the shortening of the gap beween films may have been confirmed by Zachary Quinto at the Galway Film Festival. The current Mr Spock said that "Star Trek 3 should be filming, I suppose next year. It's going to be made a lot quicker than the last one. That's the plan, although nothing is confirmed yet"

It's reported that JJ Abrams still wants to direct, which may prove to be problematic given that he's got the small matter of Star Wars: Episode VII to deal with (and that's going to be shooting in 2014). They could always go the way of the original cast movie series by allowing Quinto to direct, although given the size of the production that is somewhat unlikely.

We wouldn't be surprised to see Abrams take on a producer role for the next Star Trek film though, and we're intrigued to see who lands the job. More on the next Star Trek film as we hear it...

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 09:22:45 PM »

sweet!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63368

Devin Faraci over at Badass Digest is reporting that THOR scribes, Ashley Edward Miller and Zack Stentz have been pegged to write the next installment of the new STAR TREK franchise. The writers of the first two films, Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman, will still be involved and had a big role in picking Miller and Stenz.

Faraci also notes that Paramount wants STAR TREK 3 in theaters in time for STAR TREKís 50th anniversary in 2016, so work on the sequel is going to start soon. I know that STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS was and is still very divisive amongst fans (as I am sure you guys will show in the talkbacks below). It was also a bit of a box office disappointment, grossing $225 million domestically on a reported budget of $190 million. Obviously, that isnít enough of a disappointment to kill this current incarnation of TREK but Paramount wants to move faster than they did between the first two films.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 09:27:08 PM »

announce the director!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci returning to write, rumor had it Jon Chu was the top contender to direct, but thankfully it appears it was false.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:28:15 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 11:12:55 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 06, 2013, 09:12:04 PM

I didn't even know they were on the left.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 01:28:06 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 06, 2013, 11:12:55 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 06, 2013, 09:12:04 PM

I didn't even know they were on the left.

what, you couldn't see the obvious liberal slant in the last movie?

Because I can,
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 01:30:46 PM »

Latest bit I read says Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) is a virtual lock to direct Trek 3.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 11:43:17 PM »

and it is official:  no Abrams in the director's chair.  He will still be a producer though.

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: