http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 03:59:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Sacha Baron Cohen May Be Spoofing Bond  (Read 358 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:26:03 AM »

this is going to be fun.  he's only scripting and producing so far, but he may be in it too.

Now Paramount is jumping into the fray, acquiring a pitch from Sacha Baron Cohen and Phil Johnston for an untitled comedy project featuring a James Bond-like spy who “is forced to go on the run with his long-lost brother, a moronic soccer hooligan,” according to the studio.

Baron Cohen might take a role in the project, though that would depend on availability and scheduling.

hopefully it's good enough they take it to production.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »

I laughed a few times at The Dictator, but to be honest I was a bit disappointed.  I watched his full length Ali G film a while back and had the same reaction.  I wonder if he's a rarity in the comedy world:  someone who's VERY good at improvisational comedy but kind of stumbles when he scripts his jokes.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »

I think that's pretty accurate Hep.  I did laugh at him in Taladega Nights though.

I think he's exceptional at improv
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »

for me:
Ali G Indahouse-so-so
Borat-Great
Bruno-meh

I haven't seen The Dictator yet,but yeah i like him better when he is not the star,like the mentioned Talladega nights or even Sweeney Todd

I very much liked Da Ali G Show(TV) which was years ago,that was pretty funny

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »

I'm a HUGE fan of his work. I wasn't expecting anything from The Dictator and wasn't disappointed. The shtick was already getting a bit bleh. I enjoyed Cohen's Bruno character from his show MUCH more than the film version, although, I found the movie very funny.
I'm eager to see him in anything. Heck, he was good in Hugo.
I'd just like to see him do more of what makes him so awesome, even though, he is capable of a lot more.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »

Fun trivia fact:  Seth Rogan was actually hired almost right out of high school as a comedy writer on the Ali G show.  He and his usual writing partner shared a salary.  He was on the Howard Stern show a while ago describing the insanity of working with Cohen.  Rogan described him as utterly fearless and was amazed that Cohen would NEVER break character...even in the face of real danger.  There was an episode of the Ali G show in which Bruno goes to Florida for Spring Break and runs into some college guys partying.  He gets them to do a bunch of goofy, homo erotic stuff (forming a human pyramid, wrestling with each other, etc.) then asks them to say hi to all their gay fans in Austria.  At that point, they started chasing Cohen down the beach, threatening to beat the crap out of him.   Rogan said that never once did Cohen break character the entire time, screaming like Bruno and shouting back at his pursuers in that goofy accent.   icon_lol

...sometimes I think Andy Kaufmann has returned in a different body.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 02:25:23 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 09, 2012, 01:49:15 PM

Fun trivia fact:  Seth Rogan was actually hired almost right out of high school as a comedy writer on the Ali G show.  He and his usual writing partner shared a salary.  He was on the Howard Stern show a while ago describing the insanity of working with Cohen.  Rogan described him as utterly fearless and was amazed that Cohen would NEVER break character...even in the face of real danger.  There was an episode of the Ali G show in which Bruno goes to Florida for Spring Break and runs into some college guys partying.  He gets them to do a bunch of goofy, homo erotic stuff (forming a human pyramid, wrestling with each other, etc.) then asks them to say hi to all their gay fans in Austria.  At that point, they started chasing Cohen down the beach, threatening to beat the crap out of him.   Rogan said that never once did Cohen break character the entire time, screaming like Bruno and shouting back at his pursuers in that goofy accent.   icon_lol

...sometimes I think Andy Kaufmann has returned in a different body.

This maybe it,but i think it may of been cut short  icon_lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhP0tOm6yt0

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »

Yeah, Rogan said they'd actually stopped filming when the guys started chasing Cohen as they were afraid they were going to be beaten as well. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: