http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 07:09:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Resident Evil: Retribution  (Read 1546 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2011, 08:51:03 AM »

coming September 14th, 2012.  this is a good thing, because with the cliffhanger they had for Afterlife someone would have to get hurt if they didn't decide to continue the series.  No word on what the full title is going to be; they never use the numbers in it but so far we've had Apocalypse, Extinction and Afterlife.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:50:23 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:16:16 PM »

Wow... no clue it had made "about as much" money as all three previous REs combined.  icon_eek

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on March 05, 2011, 02:16:16 PM

Wow... no clue it had made "about as much" money as all three previous REs combined.  icon_eek

yeah, the overseas market saved it.  $236M.  even if they only got a third of that back after deals and such it was a great payday.

Because I can,
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 06:58:49 PM »

Maybe the next movie will be named resurrection (trying to keep the theme going).

I always enjoy these films - so I'm in regardless.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 01:59:15 AM »

Saw the first one in theater with whiteboyskim. Saw the second and third on DVD. Got off work early one day, swung by the liquor store and took in Afterlife in 3D while getting a nice buzz. One of the most entertaining experiences I had in the theater last year. While the booze certainly didn't hurt, I think the series sorta works because those in charge know exactly what the series is and don't shy from it. Resident Evil is a silly story with archetypal characters, iconic visuals, and ladle-full of dystopian machismo.

I could be down for another helping. Just let me bring a little something extra to help wash it down...

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 05:22:37 AM »

The Resident Evil movies are my guilty pleasure. I thought the latest movie was the best since the original.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 12:00:17 AM »

How long before we get a kart racer movie?
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »

I still haven't seen Afterlife - waiting for it to arrive on Netflix. I was meh about the 1st and Apocalypse, but I actually quite enjoyed Extinction. I agree about it likely being named "resurrection" or perhaps "rebirth". If they end up calling it "Afterbirth", they're some sick bastards.  icon_twisted
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 08:52:21 AM »

and it has a full name now, resident Evil: Retribution.  Looks like Leon will be joining the series this time around.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 09:06:20 AM »

I've enjoyed every one of them so far, so naturally the fourth one will be on the top of my must see list.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 09:08:06 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on August 11, 2011, 09:06:20 AM

I've enjoyed every one of them so far, so naturally the fourth one will be on the top of my must see list.

well, the new one will be the fifth though :-D

A new one
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 09:51:13 AM »

And that's just how much I love the RE series.. lost count of how many they've made already!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 05, 2011, 08:51:03 AM

coming September 14th, 2012.  this is a good thing, because with the cliffhanger they had for Afterlife someone would have to get hurt if they didn't decide to continue the series.  No word on what the full title is going to be; they never use the numbers in it but so far we've had Apocalypse, Extinction and Afterlife.

you'll get excited about THIS but refuse to see X-Men: First Class???   icon_eek

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 05:51:02 PM »

Hooray!  Hopefully they bring back Ali Larter and Prison Break guy for more mediocre acting goodness!  Maybe this time all 3 of them can writhe around wet while fighting a giant zombie.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »

from UK inside Xbox man Mr Pointyhead twitter feed

MrPointyHead Daniel Maher
Hahaha! Haha. Ha. Oh, he's not joking. http://bit.ly/oo6J9f
4 hours ago

Resident Evil Film Boss Slams Bad Movie Directors

The Hollywood movie director behind the Resident Evil films has hit out at the directors of poor video game adaptations.

Paul WS Andersonís Resident Evil film series is the most successful video game to movie franchise around, generating billions in revenue across four films and thereís a fifth one due in September next year.

Anderson feels he has succeeded where so many others have failed because of his love for the franchise.

it's that old mix up again...making money on a film does not equal that the film is good

IMO if he loves the game franchise then he should stop with the movie franchise

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »

I rather enjoyed Event Horizon, but other than that I'm hard pressed to think of anything he's done that I'd call really good.  He's a couple of steps above Uwe Boll...but that just means you're still near the bottom of the staircase.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »

Event Horizon is a pretty good movie - The resident evil series is a fun series of movies.

If you don't like it, don't watch it - but appearently a lot of people DO like it, so maybe he's got a right to say he's succeeded where others failed. I can't think of a single other game franchise right now that made for even a passable watchable movie.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 07:00:17 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2011, 06:38:24 PM

Event Horizon is a pretty good movie - The resident evil series is a fun series of movies.

If you don't like it, don't watch it - but appearently a lot of people DO like it, so maybe he's got a right to say he's succeeded where others failed. I can't think of a single other game franchise right now that made for even a passable watchable movie.

Raz,I know that mine and your film tastes are direct opposites but IMO-Silent Hill(at least the first half)was better than Resident Evil movies for video game movies,but even saying that you can't think of any other better films based on video games doesn't mean that your favourite is great,best of a bad crowd etc

and saying "Don't Like,Don't Watch" is the wrong thing to say,because we can't form an opinion then,you would soon be on our case if we hated on the film when we hadn't even seen them

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 07:04:28 PM »

Aye, thats totally true - sorry about that remark about dont like then don't watch.

I wasn't aware though, we had direct opposite movie tastes!! :-)

Ohh, the Silent hill movie - wasn't that really, really weird? Maybe it had made sense if one had played more of the games, but I remember being very confused at the end.

Again though, it seems to be a fairly successful series of movies and how else would one rate one's own movies, if not through how well it does?

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 07:14:28 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2011, 07:04:28 PM

Again though, it seems to be a fairly successful series of movies and how else would one rate one's own movies, if not through how well it does?

Listen, I love bad movies just as much as the next guy.  I love them BECAUSE they're bad films.  But I'm also aware that they're badly written pieces of mindless eye candy that falls apart the moment you try to apply reason, sense or even technical expertise to them.  And that's fine, like I said.  But let's not try to elevate them beyond that level.  

The Smurfs made an insane amount of money this past weekend...so did Green Lantern and all the Twilight films.  While that makes those films a success in your book, it's not the kind of success I usually apply when making MY film choices.   icon_wink
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:16:01 PM by hepcat » Logged

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 07:17:27 PM »

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. A movie does not have to be realistic (Lord of the rings?), make sense (Donnie Darko) or even be technical superior to be a good movie (Princess Bride?) to me.

All I really wanted to comment on was this

Anderson feels he has succeeded where so many others have failed because of his love for the franchise.

and I think that's a fair thing to say given that a lot of other people enjoy his movies.

edit: I think we're arguing taste now, which is pretty silly!

edit2: And are Twilight, Green Lantern and smurfs bad movies, because you wouldn't watch them?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:19:54 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2011, 07:04:28 PM

Aye, thats totally true - sorry about that remark about dont like then don't watch.

I wasn't aware though, we had direct opposite movie tastes!! :-)

Ohh, the Silent hill movie - wasn't that really, really weird? Maybe it had made sense if one had played more of the games, but I remember being very confused at the end.

well i am just going off your past posts about Twilight and Nic Cage..maybe we are fine with everything else Tongue

i have Silent Hill(and Resi 1 and 2 for that matter paranoid) on DVD,and i remember being quite impressed with the film,being a big fan of the games,but yeah i remember the second half being so-so,need to watch that again TBH

I think your last question edges towards The Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones topic or even Indy 4,they made massive amounts of money but at the same time were massively disappointing,they probably made more money as well than their earlier films..but we all know which are the best icon_biggrin 

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2011, 07:17:27 PM

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. A movie does not have to be realistic (Lord of the rings?), make sense (Donnie Darko) or even be technical superior to be a good movie (Princess Bride?) to me.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but what does a film have to have in order for it to be a good movie to you?   you've basically just eliminated any film that's

1)  well written
2)  has a plot
3) filmed by anyone older than 7

icon_confused

Lord of the Rings wasn't realistic..but it was very well written and technically amazing.  Same with Princess Bride and Donnie Brasco.  

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 07:21:36 PM »

I hate indy 4...why did you have to bring that up! :-D

*mutters* stupid anti-nazi monkeys....and the fridge? Dear lord...

;-)

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 11, 2011, 07:20:57 PM

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2011, 07:17:27 PM

I'm not trying to be difficult, but what does a film have to have in order for it to be a good movie to you?   you've basically just eliminated any film that's

1)  well written
2)  has a plot
3) filmed by anyone older than 7

icon_confused

Lord of the Rings wasn't realistic..but it was very well written and technically amazing.  Same with Princess Bride and Donnie Brasco.  

I think you really don't understand what I'm saying, or I am being dense in getting it across. I LIKED all of the movies I mentioned... Personally, I enjoy movies that I find fun or interesting to watch - That's it.

A lot of people enjoy the RE series, so isn't that a success, and can't the director say so without being wrong?

Again, I am honestly not sure what we're debating anymore

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 07:27:50 PM »

well...you DID use the words "good movie" in your previous post.   slywink

but in any case, you're right in the realm of semantics.  but i just get annoyed with directors equating box office success with making a "good" film.  Ratner made that crappy ass X-Men 3 and then when X-Men First Class didn't make as much at the box office, he tweeted about how much better his film was...when I think we're all aware that it wasn't nearly as good as Vaughn's film.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:30:04 PM by hepcat » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 07:30:05 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2011, 07:24:34 PM

is I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! as good as Butter  Tongue

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 07:32:52 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 11, 2011, 07:27:50 PM

well...you DID use the words "good movie" in your previous post.   slywink

but in any case, you're right in the realm of semantics.  but i just get annoyed with directors equating box office success with making a "good" film.  Ratner made that crappy ass X-Men 3 and then when X-Men First Class didn't make as much at the box office, he tweeted about how much better his film was...when I think we're all aware that it wasn't nearly as good as Vaughn's film.

heh, I actually kinda like Xmen 3 :-D

But dickish behaviour like what you describe is not okay. Saying you did well if people continue to watch a series after 4 movies is okay, in my book :-)

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 11, 2011, 07:30:05 PM

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2011, 07:24:34 PM

is I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! as good as Butter  Tongue

Of course it isn't.... :-D

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2011, 07:32:52 PM

But dickish behaviour like what you describe is not okay. Saying you make a lot of cash if people continue to watch a series after 4 movies is okay, in my book :-)

FTFY   icon_razz

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rJZDtA7wt9o

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 11:14:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 19, 2012, 10:54:51 PM

are SONY having a laugh advertising all their handhelds in that trailer?,i thought it was an Ad and was expecting a click me option to skip it

apart from that,yeah still looks pants,and Milla needs to lay off the cigarettes

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 04:14:51 AM »

I'm glad to see they've changed things up this time.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 19, 2012, 11:14:58 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on January 19, 2012, 10:54:51 PM

are SONY having a laugh advertising all their handhelds in that trailer?,i thought it was an Ad and was expecting a click me option to skip it

apart from that,yeah still looks pants,and Milla needs to lay off the cigarettes

I'm glad to see they brought the hot chick back from part 2.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 08:55:58 PM »

Sweet!  Love that they are bringing Michelle Rodriguez back, but it looks like they might kill off Ali Larter and Chubby Prison Break Guy?  That would make me sad but what can ya do!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »

New trailer proves that the filmmaker still thinks 3D is the greatest thing since oxygen and that he hasn't watched any other film since the matrix trilogy.

...just...let...it...die.  you're using up studio money that could go to something with even one iota of thought behind it...like a third Chipmunk movie or something.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:15:06 PM by hepcat » Logged

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »

I must be one of the few here who love 3D movies and think it's where the future is headed.

Besides, it's not like you have to go see it in 3D, you can still go see the 2D version with all the other cavemen!

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 07:56:15 PM »

That wasn't meant solely as a slam against 3D (although I think it will eventually run out of steam due to the number of badly converted films coming out).  It was actually more of a dig at directors who insist on filming scene after scene of stuff flying at the screen in order to use 3D to its cheapest depths.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:00:46 PM by hepcat » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »

looks like this one is not the last (spoilers in the article if you haven't watched the latest trailer Hep linked to):

Anderson said that he's starting to contemplate bringing the saga of Jovovich's Alice to a close… though it appears that won't happen until Resident Evil 6 at the earliest. As for Retribution, the story will span from Tokyo to New York to Washington to Moscow, with Alice encountering various friends and enemies from her past along the way

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »

I have to say, for all the crappy use of 3D in this series, the previous movie also had a very impressive 3D sequence where the characters were climbing through a dark cave with limited light. It felt so real that I almost imagined I could reach out and touch it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: