http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 01:31:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Movie] Rango  (Read 696 times)
Wargus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2010, 05:29:58 AM »

Lets try this again:  here's a trailer for another movie without an 'ed'.  Looks like it might be good.
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »

This opens today and is getting very good reviews.  I think I might see it tomorrow.  Anyone else excited about this movie?
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:41:35 PM »

Surprising my daughter by taking her to see it at the local fork and screen theater tonight

Wasn't sure about it but with all the good reviews - I'm willing to give it a shot.
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »

my wife and daughter went to a screening. it was very good they said
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »

I'm off for the afternoon with my son... we might hit it up.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 09:49:09 PM »

Doesn't appeal to me. Maybe a netflix if I see better reviews than this one.

The film is an amiably bonkers fusion of a Sergio Leone spaghetti western, “Chinatown,’’ and more standard funny-animal fare, but the on-set filming seems to have welded the cast together into a cohesive and high-spirited comedy troupe. You can feel the actors tossing energy, one-liners, and limbs off each other with gusto.

Just as often, though, everyone mills around waiting for the story to go somewhere. “Rango’’ wants to send up every sagebrush cliche it can, but the screenplay just piles those cliches on top of each other and waits for alchemy to happen. The director is Gore Verbinski, the mastermind of the “Pirates of the Caribbean’’ franchise, and like those movies, “Rango’’ is a highly watchable but somewhat frustrating mix of sloppy plotting, rascally attitude, and Big Action.

I like spaghetti westerns enough that I'll probably netflix it.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 09:20:44 AM »

My wife and I saw it today and we liked it it, but I wouldn't say I was excited about it... It had some interesting moments, but nothing that shouted wow... However, I am not a Western type of movie watcher (Other than Blazing Saddles) so that probably had something to do with it... I suppose if you like Westerns and enjoy comedy, you may like it better....
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »

Not really for small kids, we figured out... overall enjoyable... starts really strong, looks fantastic and different, and turns into kind of a scattershot mess towards the end.  I dunno... I liked it.
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »

I really enjoyed it.  Any time you have a lizard in a dress yelling "Irrelevant! Obfuscation!" you're in for a treat.

My 11 year old daughter liked the visuals but didn't get some of the story, as I wouldn't expect her to.  Especially the homages to movies like The Man With No Name and Apocalypse Now. 

Smart, funny, visually appealing movie.  Some dark parts with some mysticism and certainly a lot of dialog that will just be lost on littler kids. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 11:06:44 PM »

just got round to watching this and really enjoyed it,i thought the voice actors all did a great job(damn you Timothy Olyphant,i thought you were Clint!!)

The Burping scene in the bar made me LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 05:09:08 AM »

Caught this on DVD not too long ago and really enjoyed it althought I agree the movie started to loose something toward the end. I will say though that I became heavily biased toward liking the movie when about 5 minutes in;

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rango (Johnny Depp) is struck by a cherry red convertible being driven by an animated Hunter S Thomson (previously portrayed by Johnny Depp) with Gonzo riding in the back seat smile
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 03:54:45 PM »

I watched it a while ago and really enjoyed it. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »

I didn't mind it, but it was by no means a "great" movie, IMHO.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: