http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 10:41:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Movie) Oblivion, Re-visited  (Read 376 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:58:30 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ok, I decided to watch the sci-fi flick Oblivion again tonight.(Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman). And the ending still didn't make sense to me. I caught stuff the second time around that made me think I had a handle on what had happened, what is happening, and what's going to happen.

Bang!...Then the ending put me right back into the scratching head zone.

Main character was given the number designation of Agent 49. Near the end he meets another clone.(or is he) Agent 52.
At the end Agent 49 who you're led to believe is the original Jack Whatever. He takes the nuke up to the Sally entity with Morgan Freeman and blows the Tec to smitherines.

Flash 3 years forward and we see Jack's wife and a little girl, his daughter. They are at Jack's little slice of paradise he use to visit. Another tip that he was the real Jack.(49)
The little girl looks up, and say look mommy. Entering the area across the pond are the human's that were holed up with Morgan Freeman as their leader. But then all of a sudden you see
A familiar figure appear. The camera lingers for a few seconds on his number designation. Its the clone, or so we thought, Agent 52. He's looking at his wife and kids and is starting to cry.
Honey I'm home type of thing.

So, was  49 not the real Jack after all? Is 52 the real one. Are any of the clones the original. Why did it take the human tribe plus agent 52 three years to find the sanctuary Jack always went to?
But a bit of narration with Jacks voice say's: For 3 years I've searched for you and this place. If he was Jack he would have known where it was. If he isn't Jack why would his real wife want a clone for a husband.

There were a lot more holes I saw in the plot this time. For that reason I still give the movie a 5 out of 10...or Two pinkies and  one thumb up.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:24:41 AM by Arclight » Logged

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:31:18 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
None of them are original but all of them are Jack.

All the clones have brainwipe but some can remember part of the memories of the original one.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:42:54 AM by Victoria Raverna » Logged
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:57:00 AM »

So, spoilers?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 03:58:01 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
They are all clones, but they all seem to have vestigial memories along with similar character traits.   When the agent 49 meets the counterpart clone to agent 52, they continue to banter about the same differences of opinions that he had with his own counterpart even though they had never met.  There is supposed to be a core part of him that  is genuinely himself no matter how often he is cloned or controlled by the alien.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 04:48:03 AM »

What I wanted to know

Spoiler for Hiden:
How dumb was the AI that clone 49 is listening to the flight recorder and it doesn't figure out what he's doing?  Also uber future tech and it can't scan the cargo and see who is inside?

One thing I was wondering: Were there actually aliens?  Or was it just some sort of AI?  Freeman said the shock troops were just Jack clones, so I was thinking there were never aliens?
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
The clones all have a bit of Jack in them and could all be turned with the right motivation.  It certainly helps if you get them away from that AI and let them see their super hot wife.  The problem will come if multiple clones come and all want to be with their wife. 

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 05:28:56 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on August 13, 2013, 04:48:03 AM

What I wanted to know

Spoiler for Hiden:
How dumb was the AI that clone 49 is listening to the flight recorder and it doesn't figure out what he's doing?  Also uber future tech and it can't scan the cargo and see who is inside?

One thing I was wondering: Were there actually aliens?  Or was it just some sort of AI?  Freeman said the shock troops were just Jack clones, so I was thinking there were never aliens?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Correct. Never aliens. Just the AI thing that cloned Jack a bunch of times as a super soldier type thing and sending them to Earth killing everyone. When that was done the drones came out and the maintenance towers with Jack and the other chick overseeing their little area. Those clones were given a story about alien invasion and finishing up on the planet so they could go to Titan or wherever. They also mentioned having a memory wipe for some reason or other.

I did like the setup of the movie but it was forgettable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: