http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 11:19:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Batman vs Superman (Man of Steel 2)  (Read 6615 times)
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2013, 05:41:30 PM »

Heres Patton Oswalts view on the Batffleck situation:  http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-26/patton-oswalts-surprisingly-stirring-response-ben-afflecks-batman-casting

I think he has it right. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 27, 2013, 01:52:34 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 27, 2013, 01:07:10 AM

Quote from: naednek on August 27, 2013, 01:02:52 AM

I highly doubt nobody wants to play as batman...

I'd play Batman!

Why do you have a camel toe?

that's where I keep the extra bottles of beer.  I also occasionally use that compartment as a sandwich warmer.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2013, 04:47:32 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 27, 2013, 10:22:42 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 27, 2013, 01:52:34 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 27, 2013, 01:07:10 AM

Quote from: naednek on August 27, 2013, 01:02:52 AM

I highly doubt nobody wants to play as batman...

I'd play Batman!

Why do you have a camel toe?

that's where I keep the extra bottles of beer.  I also occasionally use that compartment as a sandwich warmer.

I see.  It's a utility toe.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2013, 03:26:33 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 27, 2013, 05:41:30 PM

Heres Patton Oswalts view on the Batffleck situation:  http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-26/patton-oswalts-surprisingly-stirring-response-ben-afflecks-batman-casting

I think he has it right. 

Not buying it.  Regardless of what Affleck has endured, it doesn't carry over into his acting.  Maybe he'll be able to 'go there' with regard to the brooding bad ass batman is supposed to be, but I'm skeptical.

If he pulls it off we all win. Just skeptical at this point that he's the right guy.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2013, 06:42:56 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 27, 2013, 04:36:16 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on August 27, 2013, 03:57:21 PM

You know what the Affleck outrage is similar to?  The outrage when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker in TDK.

Give it a chance.

Great comparison. Couldn't remember my initial reaction to that news so I found the thread and we were all pretty okay with that one.

There's more to the internet than Gaming Trend.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on August 28, 2013, 06:42:56 PM

You know what the Affleck outrage is similar to?  The outrage when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker in TDK.

Give it a chance.

Great comparison. Couldn't remember my initial reaction to that news so I found the thread and we were all pretty okay with that one.

yes, but it is a cold, dark place out there, and you never know when you might run into a Wandering Hepcat.  they are very fruitful, you know.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2013, 04:52:53 PM »

I think overall this is a non story,but what the hell..here it is

Timberlake wants to play The Riddler

Justin Timberlake has said he would be interested in playing The Riddler in the forthcoming Batman v Superman movie.

Since Ben Affleck signed up to play Batman in the film many fans have objected to his casting and a petition to have him removed now has more than 85,000 signatures.

But JT jumped to his defence and during an interview on New York radio station Fresh 102.7 the star said: "Ben Affleck as Batman, I like it. I worked with Ben last summer and I've seen his process. I think he's a brilliant filmmaker. I think he's an extreme talent so he could surprise a lot of people."

When asked if the he could be tempted to play Robin alongside Affleck's Batman, the singer said: "Not a chance in hell. I ain't playin' Robin. I have no aspiration to ever be a superhero in a movie."

However, Timberlake then added: "Now villain. I'll tell you the villain I want to play more than anything because I grew up loving Batman, funny enough, is the Riddler. The Riddler is my favourite villain.

"The Riddler was like a sociopath. He was proper crazy. So if I'm gonna play crazy, I wanna play proper crazy. I'm ready. The Riddler. Gimme a call."

Criminal genius The Riddler made his comic book debut in 1948 and was famously played in 1995's Batman Forever by Jim Carrey.

Director Zack Snyder announced at the San Diego Comic Convention in July that Batman will join Superman in the sequel to Man of Steel and it is reported that shooting for the movie will start in Michigan early next year.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2013, 04:53:31 PM »

say whut?

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »

Give it a chance.

I cited it for relevance to the current audience and as an indicator that we are and always have been more awesome than GenPop.  smile
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2013, 08:49:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2013, 06:58:44 PM

Give it a chance.

yes, but it is a cold, dark place out there, and you never know when you might run into a Wandering Hepcat.  they are very fruitful, you know.

I've not seen a lot of outrage to Affleck/Batman.  But then I was on the Internet when Keaton was slated for Batman. Now, there was some outrage that turned out not to be warranted. After that, I am always willing to wait and see.  Daredevil, that I have lots of problems with, was not bad because of Afflect's acting from what I remember.
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2013, 08:54:06 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 30, 2013, 04:52:53 PM

Justin Timberlake has said he would be interested in playing The Riddler in the forthcoming Batman v Superman movie.

Since Ben Affleck signed up to play Batman in the film many fans have objected to his casting and a petition to have him removed now has more than 85,000 signatures.

But JT jumped to his defence and during an interview on New York radio station Fresh 102.7 the star said: "Ben Affleck as Batman, I like it. I worked with Ben last summer and I've seen his process. I think he's a brilliant filmmaker. I think he's an extreme talent so he could surprise a lot of people."

When asked if the he could be tempted to play Robin alongside Affleck's Batman, the singer said: "Not a chance in hell. I ain't playin' Robin. I have no aspiration to ever be a superhero in a movie."

However, Timberlake then added: "Now villain. I'll tell you the villain I want to play more than anything because I grew up loving Batman, funny enough, is the Riddler. The Riddler is my favourite villain.

"The Riddler was like a sociopath. He was proper crazy. So if I'm gonna play crazy, I wanna play proper crazy. I'm ready. The Riddler. Gimme a call."

Criminal genius The Riddler made his comic book debut in 1948 and was famously played in 1995's Batman Forever by Jim Carrey.

Director Zack Snyder announced at the San Diego Comic Convention in July that Batman will join Superman in the sequel to Man of Steel and it is reported that shooting for the movie will start in Michigan early next year.

Jim Carrey?  *urk*. Frank Gorshin is the definitive Live Action. (My feelings of the superiority of most of the animated versions is well known here)
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2013, 12:05:51 PM »

There was a lot of Internet outrage in 1989???
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2013, 02:39:14 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 01, 2013, 12:05:51 PM

UUNet was on fire.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on September 01, 2013, 02:39:14 PM

Quote from: YellowKing on September 01, 2013, 12:05:51 PM

UUNet was on fire.

Oh you kids and your "web".  I know there are several here who remember Compuserv, People Link (iirc became AOL), and GEnie before "windows" and "www".  You know, back when there was one window and a dropped /tell or /whisper could lead to divorce, even though it was tougher to get the logs.  smile

So yes, back them, I was a GEnie user, coimic, movie, game roundtables.  Thursday night with Scorpia trying to get hints on whatever Adventure I was playing on my Apple II or Amiga at the time.  The  discussions were always fun, I think I still see several people I was active with on Quartertothree, though they wouldn't remember me.  DennyA is one.

Anyway, Keaton had only done comedies up to then, I hadn't seen Clean and Sober yet.  Burton insisted that his Batman was not going to be the Adam West type, leaning heavy on Miller's Dark Knight Returns.  But KEATON???  so yes, there was a lot of discussion.  I remember my my comment was along the lines of "after seeing Clean and Sober, I think Keaton can do it."

You should have seen the B5/DS9 talks going on.  The anger from JMS and some from Ron THorton about how B5 was pitched to Paramount who turned it down, then came up with their own Space Station based show afterwards.  That and Video Toaster issues doing SPFX on the Amiga.

Fun times.  I was more active on boards back then.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2013, 10:42:34 AM »

I like Timothy Dalton but.....

As Alfred?

Zack Snyder's film will, unsurprisingly, draw a line between it and Christopher Nolan's completed Dark Knight trilogy for its Batman, and as such, Bruce Wayne is going to need a new Alfred this time around (it won't be Michael Caine). According to Cosmic Book News, whose track record on DC movie rumours really isn't bad, Timothy Dalton is the latest name to appear on the wishlist for the Batman/Superman film. And it's the role of Alfred he's been linked with.

James Bond as Alfred? Stranger things have happened, but it still sounds a bit of a long shot to us.

This is all deep rumour territory of course, as there's been no new casting confirmed apart from that of Ben Affleck. Bryan Cranston was set to have been locked down as Lex Luthor, but there's still nothing official from Warner Bros on that.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2013, 11:22:06 AM »

it could work.

Because I can,
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »

I think 'Timothy Dalton', I think Bond, which was the last thing I really saw him in, but hell - the guy is 69 now. 
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »

He was in Doctor Who on one of Tennant's last eps.  He has a fairly badass older guy look.  I could see him as Alfred, or even an aged Bruce Wayne.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2013, 03:26:44 PM »

Quote from: Blackhawk on September 02, 2013, 02:41:22 PM

I think 'Timothy Dalton', I think Bond, which was the last thing I really saw him in, but hell - the guy is 69 now. 

I think the guy from the Rocketeer.  He was only Bond twice, and License to Kill sucked so hard it ate half the awesomeness that the Living Daylights had.

Because I can,
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2013, 04:20:05 PM »

It would be nice if they cast an Alfred that actually looked like Alfred from the comics. Pencil mustache, etc. to date they've never even tried to get someone even remotely close.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2013, 04:24:15 PM »

"Master Bruce, really."
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 02, 2013, 03:26:44 PM

Quote from: Blackhawk on September 02, 2013, 02:41:22 PM

I think the guy from the Rocketeer.  He was only Bond twice, and License to Kill sucked so hard it ate half the awesomeness that the Living Daylights had.

Quote from: wonderpug on September 02, 2013, 04:24:15 PM

"Master Bruce, really."

Quote from: YellowKing on September 02, 2013, 04:20:05 PM

It would be nice if they cast an Alfred that actually looked like Alfred from the comics. Pencil mustache, etc. to date they've never even tried to get someone even remotely close.

Combine that age with his look from the Rocketeer:

Voila.  Instant Alfred.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2013, 06:11:17 PM »

see the last thing i saw him in last was Hot Fuzz

and disagree with you CK,The Living Daylights was quite garbage,while License to Kill was pretty great

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 02, 2013, 06:11:17 PM

see the last thing i saw him in last was Hot Fuzz

and disagree with you CK,The Living Daylights was quite garbage,while License to Kill was pretty great

I liked both of them.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2013, 10:36:50 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 02, 2013, 05:24:41 PM

Combine that age with his look from the Rocketeer:

Voila.  Instant Alfred.

ah, back in the days when movies were low res.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2013, 10:54:15 AM »

Affleck's Batman to be tired,weary and seasoned

Get ready for a more experienced Batman, as Ben Affleck's take on the caped crusader will feature no origin story...

Dig into the extensive comic book history of Batman, and there are indispensible stories from pretty much every stage of his crime-battling and investigative career. Yet the movies to date have gone with an origin, or aimed young to middle-aged. That said, Christopher Nolan's films obviously spent a lot of time exploring the metaphorical weight of wearing the cape and cowl.

So where will Ben Affleck's Batman sit? Well, according to the CEO of Warner Bros, Kevin Tsujihara, the Batman we're going to see in Zack Snyder's Batman/Superman movie will be "tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for a while". "We think it's going to be huge", Tsujihara noted.

This is promising. The screen has been shy about portraying ageing and aged superheroes in major blockbuster, and if this paves the way for a live action take on The Dark Knight Returns at some point in the future, then we're all for it.

On the sizeable reaction to the casting of Affleck, incidentally, Tsujihara added that "Ben is perfect for the vision Zack has for that character. The fact that you saw such a passionate response in the blogosphere is really kind of a testament to the love that people have for this character".

TBH i don't think i was expecting an origin story anyway in a Batman Vs Superman flick

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »

tired, just like his acting smile

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »

go away Bieber.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2013, 09:41:06 AM »

doesn't matter...not interested in the Batman Vs Superman story,not interested in Ben Affleck as Batman,so yeah go ahead and stick Bieber in as Batgirl,see if i care  Tongue

EDIT:

Producer1: "How can we get the heat off Ben Affleck being Batman?"
Producer2: "Er...send Justin Bieber a script?"
Producer1: "That'll do it!!"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:43:01 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2013, 09:41:41 AM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2013, 05:06:49 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 30, 2013, 04:52:53 PM

Works for me. I've liked him as an actor, especially his darker more serious roles.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »

Apparently the studio warned Ben about the Internet backlash.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2013, 07:00:14 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on September 18, 2013, 02:56:16 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2013, 09:09:45 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on September 18, 2013, 02:56:16 PM

icon_lol

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »

Larry David to play Mr. Mxyzptlk?  I'm assuming this is a false rumor...

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2013, 04:56:01 AM »

video of the start of filming

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »

Not one, but two other heroes supposedly making an appearance:

Nightwing (yes, Dick Grayson; no, not Robin; no word on it being Matt Damon)

and

Wonder Woman

I imagine she'll pop up post-credits, Nick Fury-style, but Nightwing is supposed to be in it.  Batman and Nightwing have apparently not spoken in years.  I knew Batman was meant to be older, but it's looking like he's meant to be nearing DKR age, which is ridiculous to me.  Both because Affleck isn't that old and because that makes the gap between Batman and Superman much too wide.  They're meant to be contemporaries.  Unless this sequel takes place much later than the last film.

Now, as for Wonder Woman, I think the casting is fantastic.    Olga Kurylenko was the Bond girl in Quantum of Solace and was Tom Cruise's wife in Oblivion.  She's statuesque but tough-looking; seems to be intelligent; and is non-specifically exotic.  Thumbs up from me.

Here are some pics:

Spoiler for Hiden:

EDIT: Bizarrly, she is in another movie with Ben Affleck.  A Terrence Malick film called To the Wonder.  I wonder...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2013, 06:21:46 AM »

Kevin Smith has supposedly Seen Batfleck in costume and likes it:

“I saw the Batman costume. … More than that, I saw a picture of [Ben Affleck] in the costume. … Now, I don’t want to give anything away ‘cause that is up to them and stuff … but I am going to say this, I instantly bear-hugged [Snyder]. You have not seen this costume in a movie on film before. And for a comic-book fan, it was mind-bending. I was like, ‘Get the f#@k out of here. Only you have enough power to pull this off, man.’ Because everyone always like does this f#@king Matrixy kind of X-Men black armor thing. … There wasn’t a single nipple on this f#@king suit, man. It was fantastic. I’m telling you, as a geek I was just like… It blew my mind. … I think everyone is just gonna be like, ‘holy s#!t!’ It’s its own thing, man. It’s like we haven’t been down this path at all.”

also, Zack Snyder introduced two pieces of art tied to the movie:

could we be seeing the blue grey batsuit in the film?

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2013, 06:30:43 AM »

What the F is that?
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2013, 06:58:13 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 12, 2013, 06:30:43 AM

What the F is that?
I agree... That artwork is horrible for the film...

but yes, I think we may see the Adam West costume out and about... If so, I'm not too sure how well it will play out..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: