http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 09:43:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Kung Fu Panda 3: The Inevitable Sequel of Fisty Doom  (Read 224 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:31:06 AM »

Dreamworks will be teaming up with China for this one, with both film and an entertainment district in Shanghai:

DreamWorks Animation and Chinese partners announced plans Tuesday to co-produce the next "Kung Fu Panda" movie and develop an entertainment district in Shanghai, expanding Hollywood's fast-growing ties to China.

Hollywood studios have announced a flurry of deals with local partners to gain access to Chinese financing and a government-controlled film market that is growing strongly at a time of weak ticket sales in the United States and Europe.

"Kung Fu Panda 3" will be produced in China and released in 2016, according to DreamWorks Animation SKG Ltd. and its state-owned local partners – China Media Capital, Shanghai Media Group and Shanghai Alliance Investment.

They said the movie will be produced by a new joint venture, Shanghai Oriental DreamWorks Film & Television Technology Co. DreamWorks will own 45 percent of the company and the Chinese partners will hold stakes totaling 55 percent.

seeing as the second one ended with a definite idea of where to go I'm figuring this one will deal with Po's real family.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »

I loved the first one but thought the second was really lame, so I guess I'm cautiously optimistic.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 05:46:10 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 08, 2012, 03:37:15 PM

I loved the first one but thought the second was really lame, so I guess I'm cautiously optimistic.

Oh man I thought 2 was just as good!  Looking forward to 3!
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »

I actually liked the second better than the first but still wasn’t overly impressed.  I have a big problem with the protagonist whose only purpose in the movies seem to be (poor) comic relief while all the other characters have more interesting personalities and better capabilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: