http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 11:16:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Kick Ass 2: Balls to the Wall  (Read 2539 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2013, 08:56:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 16, 2013, 06:20:55 PM

wouldn't it be funny if he won an Oscar for the role?

I think it'd be awesome if that happened.  Perhaps a Reddit campaign to make that occur - they have more pitchforks. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 03:02:59 AM »

Quote from: Rowdy on August 16, 2013, 03:54:24 PM

He changed his mind.  It happens.  When he first signed on, probably years ago, he felt one way.  Things changed for him.  That's not unreasonable.  I respect people saying he should give the money back, but I don't really understand why.  Sure, that would demonstrate his convictions, but he still did the work.  If your company did something you absolutely could not respect over a course of x months, would you return your paycheques in protest?  Or would you express your unhappiness, maybe even quit, and go about your life?

I agree that he should never have signed on in the first place - I assume all involved were familiar with the source material.  But I don't see why it's so unreasonable that he quietly says he changed his mind, apologizes to his co-workers, and leaves it at that.

Well, he didn't exactly just quietly change his mind and apologize to his co-workers, did he? Rather, he publicly distanced himself from a movie that he made with full knowledge of the subject matter. Plus, being an actor on a movie isn't like working as a clerk at 7-11. If 7-11 starts doing something wrong, it may be hard to discern how much money to return, as it may be hard to know where the problem started. He was contracted to make this movie, so any money he made filming said movie should be returned. Look, I'm not advocating lining the guy up next to the wall and shooting him, but I suppose I am also a little more cynical than you about the motives of a seasoned actor suddenly having issues with the subject matter of a film that he made a year prior with subject matter that wasn't significantly less controversial at the time of filming.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 24, 2013, 05:19:11 PM

Guy's just an annoying hollywood celeb who believes his popularity makes his opinions correct.  He also backed Jenny McCarthy's cockamamie anti-Vaccine stance a while back.  
Well... wasn't he boning her at the time?
(wha?  spellcheck says boneing is wrong, but without the e it looks wrong too lol)

Just saw the movie last night.  It was violent and it was funny and some parts made you cringe.  If you liked the first movie - I can't see a reason why you wouldn't like the second one (except if you are offended by a particular type of violence).   The seemed to end it on a note that there won't be a third movie.

Like some of you above, I didn't realize that was JC from the picture.  But, as soon as he talks in the movie, you know it is him... it is a really bad accent.

I wish I wrote it down but there is a line that includes "Evil Jesus" that made me laugh.

FWIW - One of the previews had Hit Girl playing the lead in re-make of Carrie.  I hated the original, but the re-make actually kind of looks good.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:57:09 PM by notrich » Logged
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2013, 02:01:40 AM »

Quote from: notrich on August 18, 2013, 04:52:52 PM

Just saw the movie last night.  It was violent and it was funny and some parts made you cringe.  If you liked the first movie - I can't see a reason why you wouldn't like the second one (except if you are offended by a particular type of violence).   The seemed to end it on a note that there won't be a third movie.

FWIW - One of the previews had Hit Girl playing the lead in re-make of Carrie.  I hated the original, but the re-make actually kind of looks good.

I guess you aren't a fan of the comic books?  And/or didn't stay til after the credits?  Either way I don't think it's much of a spoiler to say there is indeed a Kick Ass 3 comic series which just started.  KA3 is supposed to end the series, so unless the movie and post sales totally flop, I suspect we'll get to see a sequel.  The movies do diverge from the comics (which are much much more violent), but essentially this movie was a mesh of the Hit Girl series (denoted as "Book Two" and the actual Kick Ass 2 series (denoted as "Book Three").  The Jim Carrey "controversy" seemed pretty unbelievable to me.  Did he not see the first movie or bother to look at any of the source material, or for that matter, just read the f-ing script of the movie before he signed?  Either way, the movie was relatively tame if you ask me; certainly the comic is far more disturbingly graphic.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the movie, but I'm a huge Chloe Grace Moretz fan, and she steals the show in this movie even more so than the first.  She's just excellent in everything I've seen her in; definitely agree she (and Julianne Moore as her mom) makes the new Carrie worth checking out.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 11:13:01 PM »

apparently Big Daddy almost had a cameo.  I wonder if that was actually in the comics or if they were just looking for a way to bring Cage back for a scene.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: