http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 08:20:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Iron Man 3  (Read 7994 times)
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2013, 03:46:05 AM »

I just saw the latest full trailer, and I'm getting excited to see the movie again.  Seems like this one will have a little more action and a little more conflict with the villain than the 2nd one.
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »

Gwyneth Paltrow looks quite foxy here
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:46:08 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2013, 04:56:49 PM »

Pepper Potts apparently needs some less frizz-inducing shampoo.  icon_smile

I both love the latest trailer and feel it gives away waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of the movie. I may have to go into "ignore trailers" mode on the film from now on. A few storyline aspects seem reminiscent of Matt Fraction's Eisner Award-winning run on the Iron Man comic around the time just after the first Iron Man film released (2008). I bought several compilations of Fraction's stuff during Borders' liquidation sale a couple years back, great stuff. Norman Osborn (yes, THAT Osborn) was a key nemesis, though I assume they can't use him in the films since he probably falls under Sony's Spider-Man movie rights.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2013, 05:04:51 PM »

Her head is spun around like an Owl!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »

RDJ talks about retiring from Iron Man again, especially after his injury during production:

"It got me thinking about how big the message from your cosmic sponsor needs to be before you pick it up," he says. "How many genre movies can I do? How many follow-ups to a successful follow-up are actually fun? Because, as quiet as it's kept, I come from a family of very innovative writers and directors and actors and artists... So there's this kind of legacy of souls from what I consider to be a very particular time in entertainment, and I'm sensing a return to that -- it's what me and the missus are doing next. It's not unlike: I heard Brady signed on for three more years with New England, and then he's done being a QB, because he'll be 40. I'm 47, and I'll be 50."

Iron Man 3 is the last film he's under contract to do.  I imagine they will be able to tempt him back with big bags of money though.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2013, 11:26:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 16, 2013, 10:53:23 PM

RDJ talks about retiring from Iron Man again, especially after his injury during production:

"It got me thinking about how big the message from your cosmic sponsor needs to be before you pick it up," he says. "How many genre movies can I do? How many follow-ups to a successful follow-up are actually fun? Because, as quiet as it's kept, I come from a family of very innovative writers and directors and actors and artists... So there's this kind of legacy of souls from what I consider to be a very particular time in entertainment, and I'm sensing a return to that -- it's what me and the missus are doing next. It's not unlike: I heard Brady signed on for three more years with New England, and then he's done being a QB, because he'll be 40. I'm 47, and I'll be 50."

Iron Man 3 is the last film he's under contract to do.  I imagine they will be able to tempt him back with big bags of money though.

Just saw a quote from him today where he admitted that his back end deal from The Avengers paid him north of $50million.  I am not sure that money will be the motivator he needs to return to Iron Man, and I would bet that Disney/Marvel won't be giving out too many more of those contracts.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2013, 10:48:58 AM »

Quote from: TheEgoWhip on April 16, 2013, 11:26:01 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 16, 2013, 10:53:23 PM

Just saw a quote from him today where he admitted that his back end deal from The Avengers paid him north of $50million.  I am not sure that money will be the motivator he needs to return to Iron Man, and I would bet that Disney/Marvel won't be giving out too many more of those contracts.

yeah but RDJ was the best thing in The Avengers(at least IMO..not including CGi Hulk),and remember that the box office take was:
 = Worldwide:    $1,511,757,910   

being the third biggest grossing film of all time(behind Avatar and Titanic disgust)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2013, 06:27:42 AM »

At the London Premier last night RDJ about being uncertain about being Iron Man again said:

"Right now the future is uncertain, but I think it's very important that we end this first Marvel phase in a way that is definitive and has people asking questions."

But Phase 1 finished with The Avengers 1,Iron Man 3 is actually the start of Phase 2..so yeah confused

TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »

RDJ was originally signed to a 5 picture deal?  That would make this the end of HIS phase 1 at least.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2013, 02:41:51 AM »

Quote from: TheEgoWhip on April 19, 2013, 09:24:30 PM

RDJ was originally signed to a 5 picture deal?  That would make this the end of HIS phase 1 at least.

Are you including RDJ's cameo at the end of HULK?

TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2013, 03:44:49 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 20, 2013, 02:41:51 AM

Quote from: TheEgoWhip on April 19, 2013, 09:24:30 PM

Are you including RDJ's cameo at the end of HULK?

Iron man 1,2,&3 with Avengers and I was just assuming that he was locked into Avenger 2.  Thus he would finish his 5 pictures without returning to the Iron Man franchise.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »

the Mondo Print that will be given away at some midnight openings:

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »

Indiewire sums up some positive early reviews:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/iron-man-3-early-reviews

From the one detailed review I've read (it's on Indiewire's mobile site, I can't seem to find it on the main web site), there's still a certain amount of "too many villains" (Spider-Man 3, Iron Man 2), and too many new characters introduced and underdeveloped (see most summer movie sequels). As a fan of the Brian Bendis and Matt Fraction Iron Man Comics (roughly around the era of the first IM film), it feels to me like they're trying to cram in ideas, concepts and characters from about a few dozen comic books into a blender one movie. Which could be great, or an utter mess.

It's too bad they can't use Norman Osborn Sr. as a weapons contractor villain like the Matt Fraction comics did (presumably, the character's movie rights are attached to Spider-Man for Sony).

Still, the early critical buzz overall is very, very, very warm.  icon_smile

As far as the contracts go, I can't keep track anymore. I know Chris Evans declined a 9-picture deal (which probably would've meant inserting Captain America into every Marvel movie) in favor of 6 - 3 Cap, 3 Avengers.

I had thought Downey's was similar -- the difference being that he loves playing IM/Stark so much he has continually said in interviews that he'd like to keep playing him as long as Marvel would like him to. The thing about Stark/IM is you really don't need a 25 year old boy toy to play him; Downey was already in his 40s in 2008, so he could probably age gracefully and still bring the box office as long as there were still fresh Iron Man stories to tell.

But hey, in a world where studios reboot Superman after 7 years, and Spider-Man after 5 years, who knows?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:18:19 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »

I knew Disney would find some way to mess up Marvel...  Roll Eyes

Regal and AMC Battling Disney Over Iron Man 3 Revenue
Dispute leads to advance ticket sales halt.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/24/regal-and-amc-battling-disney-over-iron-man-3-revenue?abthid=51786ce31d5e81ed1f00003b
Disney and theater chains Regal Entertainment and AMC Entertainment are currently battling over how to split ticket sales for Iron Man 3, resulting in Regal and AMC halting advance ticket sales for the film.

The LA Times reports that Regal has also pulled its marketing materials for the film, including standees, movie posters and so on. Cinemark, the third-largest chain in the U.S, isn’t selling tickets for the new Marvel film either at this time.

Regal and AMC claim that Disney is "seeking an excessively large take of the box office revenue -- up to 65%." The studio reportedly wants to renegotiate its terms not just for Iron Man 3 but other upcoming films as well. The Times says studios usually get around 50% to 55% of the cut.

How this will affect Iron Man 3's box office numbers remains to be seen, particularly those all-important opening weekend sales.
of course it's hard to feel sympathy for chains that charge $15 for some tickets and $6 for small sodas, but if the studios push for a bigger take, that's probably just gonna get worse.  disgust

Playing
PC
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2013, 01:01:51 PM »

Just got back from seeing this...i saw it in 2D

formula is a lot different from the previous two films,maybe because of the different director,i dunno

It was a decent enough film,but perhaps my least favourite Iron Man film,not really sure(I didn't like Iron Man 2 on first viewing)..definitely doesn't touch the first film,but if you liked the others i am sure you will probably like this

There was a lot of "Oh Come On!!!" in the film,but that goes with seeing an Iron Man film i suppose  icon_wink

There is an after credit scene,and in my opinion i think its the best after credit scene of all Marvel films...it was just a fun scene to watch

Stan Lee is very 'blink and you'll miss him'

There is a lot of mention on what happened in The Avengers film...but i am guessing everyone has seen that movie by now so wont be left out Tongue

Spoiler for Hiden:
I was quite disappointed with the end,and can see why RDJ would say he may retire from Iron Man....similar to Mark Hamill saying he does not want to play The Joker again,because if he said he will be back then it would undermine Arkham City ending...same thing here i reckon

although after the after credit scene it does say 'Tony Stark Will Be Back' which kind of pisses on the end of IM3

The plot,TBH just wasn't all there(and quite dumb in places)...kind of all over the place if i was telling the truth

Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley are decent enough but both have been better in other things

Oh,and for some reason i noticed the film is actually called 'Iron Man Three' not Iron Man 3 as advertised everywhere,no idea what that means(yeah yeah CK or Hep or ATB,i know '3' and 'Three' mean the same)

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2013, 03:39:36 PM »

There was a lot of "Oh Come On!!!" in the film,but that goes with seeing an Iron Man film i suppose  icon_wink
Yeah, the guys at Collider said there were some moments where they thought an explanatory sentence of dialogue would've made what happened on screen more, well, fathomable.  icon_smile

I can understand it feeling different. Favreau's not directing, but I never felt like Iron Man 2 and the original felt remotely the same. All the films had different screenwriters. Although most love Iron Man, my understanding was the initial script was really thin and it required a lot of work on set and Downey improving to make it special.

It will be interesting to see how Avengers 2 and Cap 2 turn out since they will enjoy the (presumed) benefit of retaining the screenwriters from the preceding films (Whedon for Avengers, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely for Cap -- their "Pain and Gain" opens today).
===========

If you guys are into Marathons, AMC (which just settled its disagreement with Disney over Disney's % take of ticket sales) will have one next Thursday, May 2, starting with Iron Man at 1, followed by Iron Man 2, Marvel's The Avengers, and Iron Man 3 at 9 p.m.

I just can't take that day off (if it opened one week later, I could then) tear, but I'd like to try to catch a 9 p.m. IM3 show that day at least.

Marathon details (tickets are $30):
http://www.amctheatres.com/movies/iron-man-marathon
AMC is excited to present the IRON MAN MARATHON on Thursday, May 2. Be sure to join AMC and watch all of the adventures of Tony Stark, beginning with IRON MAN at 1:00 PM, IRON MAN 2 at 3:30 PM, MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS in 3D at 6:00 PM and the premiere of IRON MAN 3 in 3D at 9:00 PM.

Marathon perks/participating theaters: (this one doesn't have the picture of the "chest light" lanyard)
http://www.amctheatres.com/events/iron-man-marathon

$5 AMC Stubs Bonus Bucks for members**
    One of four limited edition IRON MAN RealD® 3D glasses ($10 retail value)
    Commemorative IRON MAN lanyard
I believe the lanyard is sort of a smaller replica of the Iron Man suit's... gah, what's it called, guys? Chest Light.  icon_smile

*I'm sure they recommend you not cut a cavity in your chest and try to mount the light there. It won't really power your heart...

It kills me I can't go. I attended the Dark Knight Trilogy, and the Indiana Jones marathon last year, and both were so much fun. Just in a bind at work that week.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:45:22 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 26, 2013, 01:01:51 PM

Oh,and for some reason i noticed the film is actually called 'Iron Man Three' not Iron Man 3 as advertised everywhere,no idea what that means(yeah yeah CK or Hep or ATB,i know '3' and 'Three' mean the same)

but diiid you know that III also means 3, or three, or my III key iiis stuck.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »

damn!!

Iron Man 3(Three Tongue) Opens to $195.3 Million overseas
The real story, though, was the overseas box office, where Iron Man 3 opened a week early. Playing in 79 percent of foreign markets, the Marvel three-quel grossed an estimated $195.3 million, which is up on The Avengers's $185 million start at the same time last year. For a full by-territory breakdown and thoughts on the movie's long-term prospects, check out the Around-the-World Roundup at the bottom of this article.

Iron Man 3's $195.3 million overseas debut ranks ninth all-time, and second among Marvel movies behind Spider-Man 3 ($230.5 million). Its top territory was the U.K. with $21.5 million

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2013, 05:26:13 PM »

Cool. I don't know if it's good or bad that it's reaching the point where North American box office numbers almost become an afterthought on judging B.O. success.

I hope to buy an early ticket tonight for a 9 p.m. show Thursday. I'm so glad they didn't go with midnight shows only.

Although I'd love to see it at a nearby AMC IMAX, I'm not real crazy about reserved seating (like a concert), which at least my local AMC has started to do. Their next best (the large ETX auditorium) isn't doing a 9 p.m. show Thursday, alas.

I think I'm generally happier getting there early and just grabbing a seat wherever I won't suffocate. Although hey, opening night, maybe there's no such thing. smile Probably gonna go with Regal instead.

I'm still bummed I can't do the marathon, even if I've already seen the other two films and Avengers what feels like a zillion times. Maybe I'll just disappear at lunch without giving a reason Thursday. biggrin

Oh the chest light thingie is called...
AMC guests at Marvel's Iron Man Marathon will receive commemorative lanyards shaped like Iron Man's *arc reactor* and special edition RealD 3D Iron Man glasses while supplies last.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/20433/experience_the_iron_man_marathon_may_2_at_amc_theatres#ixzz2RsIs6YWU

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:35:35 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2013, 01:18:30 AM »

OK I just bought my ticket for Thursday, 9 p.m., at a Regal 3-D theater for 16 FREAKING DOLLARS and 50 FREAKING CENTS. Cripes. I could do a LOT of funner things for $8.25 a FREAKING hour.  disgust I don't think this is even their fancy pants overhyped RPX screen (sold out already I think). That's probably $20 or something.

But hey, my brother's family is probably looking at $80,000+ to send my niece to college for four years starting in August. So what's a $16.50 movie ticket, in the grand f&cked up scheme of the US of A?  Roll Eyes Save us, Tony Stark...

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2013, 02:57:12 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 30, 2013, 01:18:30 AM

OK I just bought my ticket for Thursday, 9 p.m., at a Regal 3-D theater for 16 FREAKING DOLLARS and 50 FREAKING CENTS.

just found out the local theater is doing a 9pm 3D showing on Thursday for..... $6.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2013, 08:56:23 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 30, 2013, 02:57:12 AM

OK I just bought my ticket for Thursday, 9 p.m., at a Regal 3-D theater for 16 FREAKING DOLLARS and 50 FREAKING CENTS.

just found out the local theater is doing a 9pm 3D showing on Thursday for..... $6.

I saw a 10am showing of Iron Man 3 in 2D and it cost me £9.45,ridiculous price!! i should of known better at Odeon Cinemas..I should of gone into town and gone to AMC where it would of been £4.20

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:07 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 30, 2013, 02:57:12 AM

Yeah but they charge you $10 for 3D glasses. And $15 for a small popcorn...

It's like an F2P MMORPG. Pay us now, or pay us later... icon_smile

Playing
PC
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2013, 02:23:39 AM »

My wife and I are signed up for the marathon on Thursday.. gonna be a long day...
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »

$300 Million overseas,also breaks Chinese opening day Box Office

“Iron Man 3′s” international haul now stands at a towering $307.7 million in just nine days.

To put Marvel’s powerhouse into perspective–not only did “Iron Man 3″ top “The Avengers’” foreign debut last weekend, despite opening in fewer territories, the Robert Downey Jr. actioner has also already passed the total international box office cume for “Captain America” ($192 million), “Thor” ($268 million) and the first “Iron Man” ($267 million).

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »

Apparently those China-specific scenes aren't very good.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2013, 07:29:26 PM »

And one movie down, three to go!
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »

Soooo.. about 40 minutes in to iron man 2 and.... Fnnn fire alarm goes off! Now get to stand outside while the mall figures out what's up...
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on May 02, 2013, 08:17:48 PM

Soooo.. about 40 minutes in to iron man 2 and.... Fnnn fire alarm goes off! Now get to stand outside while the mall figures out what's up...
That happened to me three times in the 1990s. When it happened to a friend and me watching The Pelican Brief in, I think, 1993, they gave us free movie passes but never did let us see the rest of the film. biggrin

Lot of reviews I skimmed today were of the "meh" variety, but I don't think any bashed it as they did Iron Man 2. Maybe that's progress? I think in the end critics (not necessarily fans) are tired of IM battling terrorists, and demented defense/arms contractors and their metallic creations. I would've probably argued in favor of jazzing up a B-Villain like The Living Laser (from the early 1980s comics), if only to get a little bit different kind of baddy in there.

While I still expect to enjoy it, I generally have a weakness for origin films. I think usually by the third run in any film series, screenwriters/directors have difficulty keeping things fresh.

Playing
PC
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2013, 10:19:31 PM »

And iron man 2 finished... after the fire, they had to reboot their equipment and 10 minutes after restarting the movie. Bang... system crash... finished about 40 behind... waiting for avengers to start now....
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2013, 04:29:49 AM »

Just got back from my Iron Man 3 show. It was strangely not crowded - perhaps due to the $16.50 price or perhaps due to people assuming there'd only be midnight shows tonight. There were crowds forming for midnight shows as we left.

Overall I enjoyed it. Unlike Iron Man 2, which I felt in retrospect had one terrific action set piece (the Monaco race track stuff) and then a bloated climactic battle, IM3 has a few action set pieces I really found entertaining and at times innovative in terms of how the armor's used/not used. The cast is still fun to watch, and the screenplay has a fair amount of laughs.

On the other hand, I found the pacing -- maybe by design -- to be all over the place. You might enjoy an amazing 10 minute action sequence and then spend 17 minutes feeling the story is meandering. And the villains just didn't really register with me. I like Guy Pearce, I just couldn't summon up much hate for him, or feel mesmerized by him (a la Ledger in TDK). I felt that way with the IM2 villains too, but I guess it bothered me less in this.

I badly misunderstood Extremis. I think I'm confusing it with some Matt Fraction-written comics in the 2009 or so era where Stark basically fuses armor into his DNA so that's part of him. I thought maybe this movie delves into that but it doesn't, and so I guess all this time I had the wrong idea about what Extremis is. My bad.  icon_razz

I still feel like there has to be a way to have more interesting villains that aren't terrorists, space aliens, nasty weapons merchants/defense contractors or the Drug Cartel.

This was in fact their one RPX screen. It's not spectacularly large, but the picture/sound were terrific. It was fun to see the trailers for Star Trek into Darkness and Man of Steel on that screen.  icon_cool

Anyway, I liked it enough to probably see it maybe one more time. It's no IM, Avengers or (for me) Captain America, but for me it was in the OK-good category.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 04:35:22 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2013, 04:44:41 AM »

We just got back as well from the marathon.. It was a long day, but overall we had fun. We also enjoyed the movie although there were some very vocal people who seemed to hate it...
Mostly because of:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The way they portrayed the Mandarin......
Spoiler for Hiden:
both the lack of the magical rings people were expecting and a twist in the movie
I also felt there was mostly more of a
Spoiler for Hiden:
Sherlock Holmes... Tony Stark movie during the middle portion
One thing I was disappointed in was :
Spoiler for Hiden:
The multi-armor sequence... I really expected a lot more from this, particularly seeing what the different armors did... Mostly, it was like an armor mod for a video game where the only difference was the skin, except for a couple of specific scenes.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2013, 07:29:07 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on May 03, 2013, 04:44:41 AM

We just got back as well from the marathon.. It was a long day, but overall we had fun. We also enjoyed the movie although there were some very vocal people who seemed to hate it...
Mostly because of:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
both the lack of the magical rings people were expecting and a twist in the movie

Spoiler for Hiden:
I absolutely hated the twist,and thought it just ruined Ben Kingsley in the film,he was sooooo fucking good until that twist

the Ten Rings Logo was there on the test screen during the videos he put out

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »

Seeing this tonight in 3D

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2013, 11:07:48 AM »

It was quite good. Perhaps even too lighthearted at times, but fun, I enjoyed the twists.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2013, 11:53:30 AM »

The consensus on rottentomatoes seems to be the movie is quite good until the 3rd act, where it falls apart somewhat. Would those who have seen it concur?

Also, would you say it is better than Iron Man 2?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2013, 04:26:42 PM »

I hope you guys are remembering to stay until after the credits,my favourite post credit scene yet

And Stan Lee's cameo is very blink and you'll miss him

Quote from: Teggy on May 03, 2013, 11:53:30 AM

The consensus on rottentomatoes seems to be the movie is quite good until the 3rd act, where it falls apart somewhat. Would those who have seen it concur?

Also, would you say it is better than Iron Man 2?

Yeah that sounds about right and also
Spoiler for Hiden:
I didn't like the Flashback or Voice Over(although TBH we are rewarded for the talkover after the credits),didn't feel as though they were really necessary,although i enjoyed seeing Yinsen again

Iron Man 1-enjoyed as soon as i saw it,and it's still probably my favourite Marvel film

Iron Man 2-really didn't like the film when i first saw it,love it to pieces now(if just for Sam Rockwells funky dance on stage),the story was actually quite interesting on how the government wanted his suits

Iron Man 3-Disappointed,but still liked the film,and yeah it did kind of fall apart(just past half way for me)

No AC/DC in this film is a crime also

I am glad it is doing well though,any Marvel/DC film i always wish to do well(not sure it deserves the crazy numbers though)

Maybe,IM3 will be better 2nd and 3rd times i see the film like what happened with IM2 for me

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2013, 10:17:07 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 03, 2013, 07:29:07 AM

Quote from: Punisher on May 03, 2013, 04:44:41 AM

Mostly because of:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I absolutely hated the twist,and thought it just ruined Ben Kingsley in the film,he was sooooo fucking good until that twist

the Ten Rings Logo was there on the test screen during the videos he put out
Spoiler for Hiden:
Yeah, the logo was there, but [comic spoiler?]
Spoiler for Hiden:
not the rings themselves... in the comics, the Mandarin has 10 magical rings that do different things. http://marvel.com/universe/Mandarin's_Rings. they aren't here except as props.
Although
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Manadrin character could be a double twist in that him being an actor is actually the red herring. or the "real" Manadarin is still hidden in the shadows
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2013, 01:31:58 AM »

Have to disagree that "no AC/DC is a crime", as Brian Tyler's music over that end credits montage was awesome, and vastly better than the cliched use of AC/DC again.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2013, 09:53:53 PM »

they're estimating $175 million in the US for this weekend, and about the same from international showings, to put it close to $700 million worldwide.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: