http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 08:34:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] In the Name of the King 2  (Read 1104 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:09:16 AM »

yes, it's a sequel to In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. Uwe Boll is back to direct it, and it'll have Dolph Lundgren starring.  you just have to love this summary:

"It's like contemporary, right now big city, and we have Dolph Lundgren basically being a cop or like a fighting coordinator working as this, and one night he gets attacked by ninjas in his house and fell with the ninjas into a vortex back in time. And then it turns out it's like 50 years after the first part In the Name of the King ended, and Ehb is destroyed and everybody is dead, Jason Statham and everybody who was in the first part, got wiped out. They say he was basically sent into the future, he's the son of Jason Statham, and he was sent into the future, brought up in an orphanage, because the parents felt that they would all die. So he is basically the last survivor of the kingdom of Ehb so he should bring the kingdom back in charge."

saywhat

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 02:16:48 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 01, 2010, 09:09:16 AM

saywhat

saywhat doesn't even come close to what I'm thinking after reading that 'description'. Have one that's about 20 times the size?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 02:29:07 PM »

Ninjas?!  *facepalm*

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 03:15:52 PM »

... And in other news, there is no God!
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »

It's like if I wrote a movie!  eek
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 05:05:44 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on December 01, 2010, 04:29:07 PM

It's like if I wrote a movie!  eek

When I was 10!

morlac00 on PSN
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »

I can't wait!!!!

...for 'The Hobbit'

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 08:40:57 PM »

How does Uwe Boll do this? Does he just pick ideas out of a hat and string a plot together? Does he have a school of Bad Movie Design?
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 08:45:07 PM »

The writing process for this movie must have resembled the ending bit from the latest episode of Community.

Dolph Lundgren.
And?
Ninjas.
And?
Time Vortex.
And?

And on it goes from there.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 08:47:49 PM »

I bet he has a bunch of those word magnets that he throws against the fridge and then makes the plot using those that stick.

Because I can,
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 08:52:48 PM »

Only Boll can pull off the impossible. Making a movie even WORSE than the original steaming pile of crap.

He's a genius of staggering proportions.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 12:54:53 AM »

this movie needs 75% more Kristianna Loken to be watchable!
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 01:40:44 AM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on December 01, 2010, 03:15:52 PM

... And in other news, there is no God!

There must be because he would need divine help to even get this green lit much less shot and released (straight to DVD).
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 09:17:37 AM »

odd things I learned today:  Dolph is smart!

Dolph Lundgren attended the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden. He received a master's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, in 1982, and the next year was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to MIT

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »

"It's like contemporary, right now big city, and we have Dolph Lundgren basically being a cop or like a fighting coordinator working as this, and one night he gets attacked by ninjas in his house and fell with the ninjas into a vortex back in time. And then it turns out it's like 50 years after the first part In the Name of the King ended, and Ehb is destroyed and everybody is dead, Jason Statham and everybody who was in the first part, got wiped out. They say he was basically sent into the future, he's the son of Jason Statham, and he was sent into the future, brought up in an orphanage, because the parents felt that they would all die. So he is basically the last survivor of the kingdom of Ehb so he should bring the kingdom back in charge."

In an amazing coincidence, that's also the plot for Dungeon Siege 3!

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »

I just watched A View To A Kill and Dolph popped up in that,i was quite surprised to see him

looking back at his career i do quite like Dolph Lungren or at least i have liked the films he has been in Rocky 4,Masters of the Universe, The Punisher(the first version) to name a few,with the recent Expendables it looked like he was getting things back on track(no,i haven't seen the film yet),but this just isn't the direction he should be going

FWIW-looking on his IMDB page it seems Expendables II has been announced

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 05:41:11 AM »

LOL apparently the full name of the movie is now 'In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds' even though it is still a Dungeon Siege movie.  I wonder how Reality Pump feels about Uwe using Two Worlds in the title.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 09:45:12 AM »

The plot doesn't sound a whole lot different than say, Evil Dead, when Ash is attacked by an unseen enemy and sent back in time complete with a car and a chainsaw. Yet, that turned out just fine..

If the first In the Name of the King could pull off names like Jason Stathom, Burt Reynolds, Kristanna Loken and Ron Perlman, see no reason why the second one couldn't.

People should give Uwe a little more credit in the sense that he makes movies nobody else will. If he hadn't made a In the name of the king movie, it probably never would have been made at all. Same with Bloodrayne.
Nobody has to watch his movies, but those of us that do, can appreciate the work that goes into them.

Honest question, how many people here have actually seen In the Name of the King? And if you did, was it really that bad?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »

I have and yeah, it really was *that* bad...

I've seen Bloodrayne as well, and Alone in the dark to mention a f ew other game movies, and yeah, they were pretty damn horrible as well, in all the wrong places.

A new one
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 28, 2011, 10:33:50 AM

I have and yeah, it really was *that* bad...

I've seen Bloodrayne as well, and Alone in the dark to mention a f ew other game movies, and yeah, they were pretty damn horrible as well, in all the wrong places.

I saw House of the Dead in the theater. That was enough to convince me of Uwe's lack of ability to make a good film.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 04:50:43 PM »

there's definitely worse movies out there than the first In the Name of the King.  about the only redeeming quality of House of the Dead was Lois Lane's tits, but I did enjoy Postal.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 06:25:19 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 28, 2011, 04:50:43 PM

there's definitely worse movies out there than the first In the Name of the King. 

That's like saying there's definitely worse kinds of death out there other than decapitation.  I know that, but I don't want to experience any of them.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »

I was dragged by some friends into seeing the first movie. I was a hair's breath away from committing seppuku right in the theater.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 07:08:57 PM »

With the time vortex, they could have taken the opportunity to make Space Siege: The movie.  icon_lol
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 11:06:13 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on November 28, 2011, 09:45:12 AM

The plot doesn't sound a whole lot different than say, Evil Dead, when Ash is attacked by an unseen enemy and sent back in time complete with a car and a chainsaw. Yet, that turned out just fine..

If the first In the Name of the King could pull off names like Jason Stathom, Burt Reynolds, Kristanna Loken and Ron Perlman, see no reason why the second one couldn't.

People should give Uwe a little more credit in the sense that he makes movies nobody else will. If he hadn't made a In the name of the king movie, it probably never would have been made at all. Same with Bloodrayne.
Nobody has to watch his movies, but those of us that do, can appreciate the work that goes into them.

Honest question, how many people here have actually seen In the Name of the King? And if you did, was it really that bad?

I saw it and in all honesty can't remember a thing about it.  It's like somehow it got erased from my memory.  I thought I lent the DVD to a friend of mine but he can't find it either.  Weird.  I don't remember feeling like it was that bad, but I was surprised it was kind of boring given the cast.  Kristianna Loken was totally wasted and barely in it IIRC.  In contrast, Bloodrayne I thought was actually kind of fun(ny) in its horrible-ness. 
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 01:13:13 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 28, 2011, 11:06:13 PM

I saw it and in all honesty can't remember a thing about it.  It's like somehow it got erased from my memory.  I thought I lent the DVD to a friend of mine but he can't find it either.  Weird.  I don't remember feeling like it was that bad, but I was surprised it was kind of boring given the cast.  Kristianna Loken was totally wasted and barely in it IIRC.  In contrast, Bloodrayne I thought was actually kind of fun(ny) in its horrible-ness. 

I suspect your friend felt sorry for you. Took the DVD, then used one of those Men in Black mind eraser things on you with the hopes that you would completely forget that you ever owned/saw the movie. Just my guess though.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 02:13:30 AM »

You mean Army of Darkness right?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: