http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 05:16:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Edge of Tomorrow (aka All You Need is Kill)  (Read 2397 times)
Suitably Ironic Moniker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 06:00:28 AM »

Is Penelope Cruz in this film, and I just missed her slywink?

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 08:56:32 AM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on June 23, 2014, 06:00:28 AM

Is Penelope Cruz in this film, and I just missed her slywink?

lol. Yeah, I did a brain fart there - edited and corrected.  I must have seen one of Penelope's films recently - although I can't recall which one.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2014, 06:05:45 AM »

I just saw this tonight and really thought it was great.  The ending timing stuff was a bit odd, but it didn't really bother me.  Overall a ton of fun.

They did a weird thing and kind of renamed the video release to be Live. Die. Repeat. Edge of Tomorrow.  I guess it's more descriptive than the original terribly generic title, but goddamn how can they keep screwing up such a great movie with asinine decisions like that?

Also, I love Emily Blunt, even more so when she's a badass, no holds barred super soldier.    icon_biggrin

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2014, 09:04:46 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 12, 2014, 06:05:45 AM

I just saw this tonight and really thought it was great.  The ending timing stuff was a bit odd, but it didn't really bother me.  Overall a ton of fun.

They did a weird thing and kind of renamed the video release to be Live. Die. Repeat. Edge of Tomorrow.  I guess it's more descriptive than the original terribly generic title, but goddamn how can they keep screwing up such a great movie with asinine decisions like that?

Also, I love Emily Blunt, even more so when she's a badass, no holds barred super soldier.    icon_biggrin
Yes, I laughed when I read about that name change for home video. Honestly, I think "All You Need is Kill" would've packed the multiplex.  icon_smile

I could see them renaming Chris Nolan's Memento as "Half Black and White, Half Reverse Order!" Maybe Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" as "Talky People Shoot and Assault Each Other!" and... well I'm sure we could come up with about a hundred riffs on Too Literal Movie Renames.  icon_razz

I liked the film. And while I think it's one of Cruise's most appealing performances, ultimately his off-screen stuff has so ruined his box office appeal (outside of MI-4, and maybe that's more director Brad Bird than Tom Cruise) that I can't help wondering how Edge of Tomorrow might've fared with someone with less baggage in the role.

I loved Blunt in this and Looper, even in The Adjustment Bureau. For some reason, she hasn't quite clicked with North American audiences, box office wise. She probably doesn't wanna keep doing gun-toting butt kickers forever, but if they did an Alien/Aliens remake, I'd vote for her.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:10:04 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2014, 09:19:49 PM »

I read the novel first and then finally picked up the movie from the library this week. Both were decent. The distraction I have with Tom Cruise (besides his dreamy eyes  Fabulous) is the way shots are setup for him to appear taller.

I don't know that I understand the timeline and reason that the movie ending the way it did. Why go back to that point and would it keep happening?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2014, 09:37:44 PM »

As I understood it he went back to the last time he was asleep before the jumping started since it was a bigger 'push' from the main boss.  The energy killed the boss across the timestream at the same 'time', so it's over.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »

It's interesting how Emily Blunt is doing the hold push-up referenced in the book when Cruise first meets her.

Matrix or Edge of Tomorrow?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 09:14:44 PM »

Matrix.  The enemies in Edge of Tomorrow were much more organic.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: