http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 03:10:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Die Hardest  (Read 223 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »

yep.

OK, without spoiling too much, I can say that McClane is invited to Tokyo by the Nakatomi Corporation to be commended for his bravery and efforts in saving 36 lives, celebrating this on the 30th anniversary of the Naktatomi Hostage Crisis. Itís by no means Black Rain. Perhaps has a slight Rising Sun type tone. Itís also not a double-act buddy-buddy story. McClane began on his own and should end on his own. Of course heís had assistance in various guises, aiding him in his ventures; but itís not Lethal Weapon or a Jackie Chan film.

so, in a ways full circle, but alone?  no nods to past companions?

My story, being set in Japan, obviously has Nakatomi playing an extremely significant role; in a way that.. well, itís John McClane in Japan and if youíve seen any Japanese movies or at least know anything about their culture at all, you know it would have a lot of potential to be nuts. Itís not Ichi The Killer, but it is crazy and as real as you can get in these realms. Itís violent, but not over the top nor unnecessarily Loony Tune like Olympus. Itís well researched, faithful to the franchise, yet giving a possible audience such a refreshing punch to the face, theyíll be saying ĎWow. I really wasnít expecting that.í You want a nugget, donít you? Iím pretty sure itís out there. A few Japanese fans on Twitter put two and two together when I uploaded a picture of a Katana (Samurai Sword) with some kanji reading ĎZeusí. Yes, Iíve written Zeus Carver in for Samuel L Jackson.

it is supposedly the final Die Hard.  you know, until it makes a ton of money and they make another one.  Also, they talk about the TV series they were working on.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »

The last Die Hard was so horrible I will wait until I can watch this one for free with a library DVD rental or Netflix Instant Watch.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 05:43:34 PM »

if it were the last one, wouldn't they just call it Died Hardest?

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »

Oh boy!

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 01:44:10 AM »

Yippee-ki-yay, Master Falcon.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 02:24:51 AM »

Interesting. Despite the suckitude of the last 'Die Hard' flick, I'm game for one more, *well-made* 'Die Hard' flick. Emphasis on well-made, something Hollywood has forgotten.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: