http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 04:34:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] The Dark Knight Rises - Impressions start page 12  (Read 26899 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: September 28, 2012, 02:52:47 AM »

damn, that's a piece for your mantle. 

someone ought to buy that and send it to Tom Hardy.

seen the movie a week or so ago and I think I need to see it again to make up my mind on how it fairs in the trilogy.  I liked it, not as much as BB and TDK, but the movie is still pretty badass. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 02, 2012, 02:53:31 AM »

Amazon finally has the blu rays listed, and the Limited edition's MSRP is $39.99, while the regular edition is $35.99 (Amazon has cheaper prices naturally with $35.99 and $24.99 respectively).  it makes me wonder what quality the broken cowl is since it only costs 4 bucks more.

I spoilered the production segment names just in case someone who hasn't seen the film might find them spoilerish.

“The Dark Knight Rises” arrives this holiday season onto Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital Download on December 4 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group. In the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight trilogy, Gotham City is threatened by the masked terrorist Bane, forcing Batman to return from an eight-year absence and fight for his city one more time.

Also available will be the free “The Dark Knight Rises” app for IOS 5.0 or higher compatible devices including iPhone and iPad, and Samsung Galaxy devices including S2, S3, Note, Nexus and Tab (operating system requirements vary by device). Building upon the already available “TDKR: Gotham City’s Most Wanted” app, “The Dark Knight Rises” app will be updated in two phases. The first update, which will be available in late October, will include several interactive activities such as a photo application that will allow users to put themselves into a Tumbler, a video application that will allow users to insert a Tumbler into their personal videos, and more. The second update, which will be available on December 4, will integrate second screen functionality into the app. It will allow users to sync compatible mobile devices with the Blu-ray disc via BD-Live enabled Blu-ray players connected to the same Local Area Network to access exclusive bonus content. The bonus content will include film location information, Gotham City maps, film trivia, photo galleries and “making of” featurettes. In addition, the second screen app controls playback of the film on your TV via Blu-ray player. “The Dark Knight Rises” app will be available through the iTunes store and Google Play.

“The Dark Knight Rises” will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and on single disc DVD for $28.98. The Blu-ray Combo Pack features the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray and in standard definition on DVD. “The Dark Knight Rises” Blu-ray disc takes advantage of the marriage of IMAX® and 35mm formats by using the hybrid master to replicate the unique theatrical experience of integrated film formats. Both the Blu-ray Combo Pack and the single disc DVD include UltraViolet which allows consumers to download and instantly stream the standard definition version of the film to a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.*

Also available December 4, just in time for holiday gift-giving, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release “The Dark Knight Trilogy Limited Edition Giftset,” featuring “Batman Begins,” “The Dark Knight” and “The Dark Knight Rises” all in one collection. Available on Blu-ray or standard definition DVD, “The Dark Knight Trilogy Limited Edition Giftset” will also include a premium book exclusive to the collection, which takes fans deeper into the epic franchise, as well as existing special features. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment also plans to release “The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector’s Edition” in 2013.

BLU-RAY COMBO PACK: 

-“THE BATMOBILE” DOCUMENTARY: Witness all five Batmobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman’s arsenal as you journey through the birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon.

-ENDING THE KNIGHT: A comprehensive look into how Director Christopher Nolan and his production team made “The Dark Knight Rises” the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.

-Production
:

Spoiler for Hiden:
        The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking

Return to the Batcave

Beneath Gotham
The Bat

Batman vs Bane

Armory Accepted

Gameday Destruction

Demolishing a City Street

The Pit

The Chant

The War on Wall Street

Race to the Reactor

-Characters
:

The Journey of Bruce Wayne

Gotham’s Reckoning

A Girls Gotta Eat

-Reflections
:

Shadows & Light in Large Format

The End of A Legend

- Trailers

- Art Galleries 

- UltraViolet: Instantly stream and download films to compatible devices 

DVD:

- The Journey of Bruce Wayne 

- UltraViolet: Instantly stream and download films to compatible devices

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 02, 2012, 03:00:31 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 02, 2012, 02:53:31 AM

it makes me wonder what quality the broken cowl is since it only costs 4 bucks more.

It's broken!  Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 02, 2012, 02:24:13 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 02, 2012, 03:00:31 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 02, 2012, 02:53:31 AM

it makes me wonder what quality the broken cowl is since it only costs 4 bucks more.

It's broken!  Tongue

thumbsup
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 02, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »

I'm waiting to see what kind of box set they'll do for the trilogy. I already have permission to buy that.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 02, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on October 02, 2012, 03:42:49 PM

I'm waiting to see what kind of box set they'll do for the trilogy. I already have permission to buy that.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 13, 2014, 01:43:35 PM »

Watched it this weekend.

Clearly the weakest of the 3.

Bane was amazing.  Loved the way he spoke and just about everything about the character.

Anne Hathaway was unnecessary, but did fine.

The whole ending climax 30 or whatever minutes or so is terrible and out of place for the trilogy, but I'd still give the film a good B.

Question:

I haven't watched the 2nd movie in a long time so

Spoiler for Hiden:
how did BW/BM hurt his leg?  I don't remember it happening.

And AA has some very VERY good points. There are many finer points in this movie that lead nowhere, but...
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 13, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »

Quote from: ATB on January 13, 2014, 01:43:35 PM

Watched it this weekend.

Clearly the weakest of the 3.

Bane was amazing.  Loved the way he spoke and just about everything about the character.

Anne Hathaway was unnecessary, but did fine.

The whole ending climax 30 or whatever minutes or so is terrible and out of place for the trilogy, but I'd still give the film a good B.

Question:

I haven't watched the 2nd movie in a long time so

Spoiler for Hiden:
how did BW/BM hurt his leg?  I don't remember it happening.

And AA has some very VERY good points. There are many finer points in this movie that lead nowhere, but...

Regarding your spoiler

Spoiler for Hiden:
Didn't he jump from like a couple stories up trying to get away from Gotham PD in the end.  I distinctly remember him running off draging his leg while Gordon was telling his son Batman was doing this cause he's a hero

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: January 13, 2014, 04:15:16 PM »

yeah, that was my take on it as well. 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 13, 2014, 06:58:49 PM »

for me i thought it would have been from the beginning of TDK..or at least added to it
Spoiler for Hiden:

In the multi storey car-park jumping off the ramp to land on Scarecrows white getaway van below

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 13, 2014, 09:55:12 PM »

And I think we are to assume there was a lot of crime fighting during those years we don't see. 

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 13, 2014, 10:04:47 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on January 13, 2014, 09:55:12 PM

And I think we are to assume there was a lot of crime fighting during those years we don't see. 
I don't think this is it.. I'm almost positive that they mention that Batman has been missing since Harvey Dent died.. meaning he retired right after that incident.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 13, 2014, 10:06:51 PM »

I thought there was some mention of him fighting crime during that time but I only saw it once so I will defer to those who watched it more.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 18, 2014, 02:48:01 AM »

Wrong thread!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: