http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 10:17:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] The Dark Knight Rises - Impressions start page 12  (Read 27194 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 31, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »

I see AA's gotten his R&P in the wrong forum.   Roll Eyes

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 31, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »

I'm glad I can still go to a movie and enjoy it.*

*Cross-posted from Prometheus thread.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 31, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on July 31, 2012, 05:19:31 PM

I see AA's gotten his R&P in the wrong forum.   Roll Eyes

There is a distinction between arguing politics and arguing whether a politically charged story is well told.  I do not see the value of relegating a small percentage of my complaints about The Dark Knight Rises to a different forum any more than I would for In Time, another heavy-handed movie from the opposite side of the political spectrum which, for the record, was even stupider.

Rest assured that if this movie substituted Batman's rogue's gallery for that of Captain Planet, teaming up Looten Plunder and Sly Sludge to dump millions of gallons of crude oil into Gotham Bay just for the sake of pollutin', I'd have found their antics no less cartoonish and every bit as abrasive.

-Autistic Angel
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 31, 2012, 06:59:01 PM »

I've absolutely no trouble with having an opinion.  However, in my opinion, you try to shoehorn political messages into the story that only exist because of your own prejudices.  Just as Citizen Kane was not a film about the joys of sledding, this is not a film about politics.

As for the some of the smaller complaints about Batman's ability to locate supervillains and other leaps of logic, I simply say "World's Greatest Detective".   icon_wink
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:02:28 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: July 31, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 31, 2012, 06:59:01 PM

As for the some of the smaller complaints about Batman's ability to locate supervillains and other leaps of logic, I simply say "World's Greatest Detective".   icon_wink

Someone else has got him beat in that regard.

I've never understood the "World's Greatest Detective" title for Batman anyway. When does he ever do detective work? He just uses gadgets and beats up people.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: July 31, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »

But Sherlock Holmes is fictional!

Quote from: TiLT on July 31, 2012, 07:20:59 PM

I've never understood the "World's Greatest Detective" title for Batman anyway. When does he ever do detective work? He just uses gadgets and beats up people.

That's true of many of his film appearances, but the Batman Animated Series did a fine job of showing just why he had earned that moniker.  Also, his comic book appearances (especially from the 70's) emphasized it.  Unfortunately, most movie audiences today (and in recent history) won't accept a comic book hero that solves most of his problems with his mind so we're given action based batman usually.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:24:01 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 31, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 31, 2012, 07:23:22 PM

But Sherlock Holmes is fictional!

Quote from: TiLT on July 31, 2012, 07:20:59 PM

That's true of many of his film appearances, but the Batman Animated Series did a fine job of showing just why he had earned that moniker.  Also, his comic book appearances (especially from during the 70's) emphasized it.  Unfortunately, most movie audiences today (and in recent history) won't accept a comic book hero that solves most of his problems with his mind so we're given action based batman usually.

The upcoming Batman animated series is focusing mostly on his detective skills rather than his fighting abilities.  thumbsup

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: July 31, 2012, 08:01:44 PM »

I've absolutely no trouble with having an opinion.  However, in my opinion, you try to shoehorn political messages into the story that only exist because of your own prejudices.  Just as Citizen Kane was not a film about the joys of sledding, this is not a film about politics.

No, there is political subtext present. There has been in all three films.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 31, 2012, 08:15:49 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on July 31, 2012, 08:01:44 PM

No, there is political subtext present. There has been in all three films.

But the political aspects aren't the theme of the films, as AA seems to believe.  Hence my Citizen Kane analogy.  And there is no "one" political message throughout all three films, just as there isn't in TDKR.  One person may see a conservative message, another may see a liberal one, and a third a libertarian message.  If Nolan was trying to make a political statement, he must be one of the worst political satirists on earth.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:23:13 PM by hepcat » Logged

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 31, 2012, 08:22:24 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 31, 2012, 05:32:42 PM

I'm glad I can still go to a movie and enjoy it.*

*Cross-posted from Prometheus thread.

+1.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 01, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 03, 2012, 07:44:11 AM »

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:53:52 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 04, 2012, 12:50:11 AM »

I'm taking my mom to see a Not Really IMAX, IMAX show at a mall tomorrow. I don't feel an Avengers/Captain America/Iron Man/TDK-ish urge to see it multiple times, but a college pal expressed an interesting in seeing it at some point so maybe I'll get in 3 viewings like I did with TDK.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 04, 2012, 11:00:53 PM »

Thumbs up from me. I think it's merely very good, and not great like the first 2. I think it's at least 30 minutes too long. BUT, it has a fantastic ending. It also is the first time I have ever liked Catwoman. In fact, I would call her a highlight (if not THE highlight) of the movie. I have no doubt that the movie would have been better had Heath Ledger not died, but Nolan made the best out of a bad situation. It definitely finishes as one of the best movie trilogies ever.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 05, 2012, 06:42:59 AM »

Batman Begins

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $205,343,774      55.1%
+ Foreign:    $167,366,241      44.9%
= Worldwide:    $372,710,015   
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend:    $48,745,440
(#1 rank, 3,858 theaters, $12,634 average)
% of Total Gross:    23.7%
> View All 20 Weekends
Widest Release:    3,858 theaters
Close Date:    October 30, 2005
In Release:    142 days / 20.3 weeks

The Dark Knight

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $533,345,358      53.2%
+ Foreign:    $468,576,467      46.8%
= Worldwide:    $1,001,921,825   
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend:    $158,411,483
(#1 rank, 4,366 theaters, $36,283 average)
% of Total Gross:    29.7%
> View All 33 Weekends
Widest Release:    4,366 theaters
Close Date:    March 5, 2009
In Release:    231 days / 33 weeks

The Dark Knight Rises

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $328,598,000      57.0%
+ Foreign:    $248,200,000      43.0%
= Worldwide:    $576,798,000   
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend:    $160,887,295
(#1 rank, 4,404 theaters, $36,532 average)
% of Total Gross:    49.0%
> View All Weekends
Widest Release:    4,404 theaters
In Release:    15 days / 2.1 weeks

I can't believe Batman Begins only came out with that much,maybe people were not convinced yet after Batman and Robin

Do you reckon TDKR can beat TDK? or at least get over that 1 billion mark?,it is actually about $35million behind where TDK was at this point(at least in the U.S. box office)...but still nearly $600million Worldwide in just over two weeks is no bad thing

It also beat off competition this week with Total Recall,The Dark Knight Rises made $10.4 million while Total Recall made $9.2 Million this weekend

Box Office Mojo
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:01:33 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: August 05, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 05, 2012, 06:42:59 AM

It also beat off competition this week

Heh.

Anyway, I don't think it'll get close to TDK. Just a hunch, but I reserve the right to change my opinion if it does.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 05, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »

Yes, Batman Begins was attempting to undo the damage of Batman & Robin (a $125M budget film that made $107M domestically). Batman Forever (Val Kilmer) actually did pretty well box office wise ($100M budget, $184M domestically). Some folks, I think including the guy who runs the Batman on Film site, think Batman Forever's the 2nd best non-Nolan directed Batman movie (behind Burton's 1989 original).

imho, you have to keep things in mind like production budget, ticket price inflation (including crazy IMAX prices; though inflated 3D prices don't apply to Nolan's Batman films), the growing # of screens for big films,etc.

Nolan's budgets were:
-Batman Begins ($150M)
-The Dark Knight ($185M)
-The Dark Knight Rises ($250M)

So, I'd keep that in mind when reading things into the respective films' box office performance. For its budget and # of screens, Batman Begins' global $372M take was very good and obviously convinced WB there was life in the franchise and Nolan was the one to stick with. It didn't need to be Avatar, just repair the damage Batman & Robin did to the franchise, and reboot it.  icon_smile

And I did find it the most "fun" of the 3 films when I attended the trilogy event opening night. I still see it as the most Batman-focused of Nolan's films, whereas TDK seems more focused on The Joker/Harvey Dent and TDKR at times is so focused on Bane and Gotham, Batman almost feels like a supporting character.
====================

fwiw, my mom very much enjoyed TDKR yesterday at an AMC IMAX show ($15). The picture and sound were awesome, although I sometimes feel IMAX sound is Just Too Much. Hans Zimmers' score at times felt better suited to Gladiator (deafening; rattling stall doors in the nearby restrooms even).

I think I could just better enjoy the show, spend less time nitpicking plot points, and maybe it helped not being exhausted (as for the trilogy).

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 05, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »

fwiw a lot of times music being either too loud or too heavy on bass is on the theater's sound people (or lack thereof)
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: August 05, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »

Sure, there's political subtext in TDKR, but I didn't think it was particularly conservative. As a liberal, it certainly didn't feel as though my beliefs were being criticized. I thought the anti-War on Terror subtext in TDK was much more pronounced.

I need to see this film again.

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 07, 2012, 12:53:43 AM »

Late to the party but overall enjoyed it. I noticed the length of the movie at times so that's not a good sign, and not sure about the very end. Can't decide if its a copout by Nolen or not. Felt a little to Hollywood to me.

Also not sure if it was the theater I saw it in but Bane's dialog was hard to understand at times. In fact there are several lines that I simply didn't understand what he said.

Not The Dark Knight but overall a good ending and a darn fine trilogy.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 07, 2012, 04:37:27 PM »

I went yesterday and gave myself a day to let it sink in.  I agree with most here and can see where others are coming from (even AA, but see below).  It's the weakest of the trilogy.  It's too long and clunky in parts.  There are plot holes and nonsensical moments, especially towards the end (it's like they knew it was way too long and so started rushing to the climax, making actions serve the plot instead of the other way around).  However, there are truly great moments in it, too. 

This won't be like Crystal Skull, where I'll do my best to keep my kid from seeing it and pretend it all ended with the last one.  It won't even be like Return of the Jedi where I junker down to watch it, just because you have to finish the story.  I imagine I'll watch the other two more often, but it has its place.

Now, spoiley bits.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I honestly cannot believe that I was hoodwinked by the whole Talia thing!  I mean, when she was revealed my jaw actually dropped and my eyes went wide.  I think I even muttered a "No way".  I had read she might be Talia.  Ra's has a daughter in the comics, so of course the possibility of a female child should have been in my mind.  It's just the sensible way the pieces should have come together, but I was still surprised.

I've been trying to figure out why, too. 

It might be the writing.  The movie was clearly the story of Bane from the beginning.  It seemed natural that the backstory we were getting was his.  There was only one mention of Bane possibly having a boss that I remember, and it was dismissed, I think.  By the way, if Bane is actually the helper, how the old is he??

It might be Bane's performance.  His cadence and intelligence and calm menace all seemed reminiscent of Ra's.  But really, it's just the League of Shadow's way.  BTW, I completely understood every word Bane said, and loved the way he spoke.  I just liked the musicality of it.  I liked the character a lot, too.

It might be Marion Cotillard's performance (except for the lame, laid-back, 70s TV Special death scene).  I completely bought the high society do-gooder act.  And that's important, because if the audience sees through it, we think less of Wayne for being fooled.  And when she revealed herself, it's like her eyes switched on.  She was completely what I pictured Talia to be in the comics.  Just amazing.

It might have just been the casting.  That kid looked like a boy until it was supposed to be a girl.  Was it the same kid?

It may have been forced on us, though.  Why were the guys supposedly on Wayne's side feeding him the bullshit version of the story?  Fear of Bane, I guess ("He wouldn't want us telling his tale"), but wouldn't the act of helping Bruce escape be even more punishable?  I'll have to see it again some day to see how well they dance around this.

I remember being just as surprised and flabbergasted that I was taken in by the Ra's reveal in the first film, too.  In hindsight, they both should have been obvious, but somehow weren't.

All in all, this was my favorite moment in the film, but there were other good ones, too.   I really liked the way they handled "Robin" - his reveal wasn't a surprise, as it was fairly clear that the story was headed that way, but the name thing was a nice nod, and they handled it well.  Much as I like Joseph Gordon Levitt, I hope someone doesn't get the idea to do a sequel with him.  I think if he tries to pull off the deep voice, he'll sound even more ridiculous, if that's possible. BTW, every time I hear him doing the Bat voice, I think of the guy on College Humor that plays him.  Example: Batman Chooses His Voice

For the political side of things, I think AA is on to something, though I think it's way less black and white than he's saying.  There absolutely is a thread in the movies, but it's more about taking an issue that may or may not have some merit, and then asking:  How far is too far?  It's not as simple as saying that because it's the villain's stance, it must be villainized.  There is an argument to be made for each one of the villain's points of view in each of the movies.  But Nolan seems more interested in seeing how that point of view, how any point of view is corruptible if taken to extremes.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 07, 2012, 05:29:56 PM »

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: August 07, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »

About Miranda:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I actually figured out the whole Talia Al-Ghul thing pretty early in the movie. I may have read rumors about her being in the movie a long time ago, but I had forgotten all about it. However, when she went to bed with Wayne and he touched her scar, my mind immediately started racing. It went through a couple of stages: 1) They wouldn't have shown that scar if there wasn't something important about it. 2) They didn't explain it. 3) Since they didn't explain it, she must be hiding something for a grand reveal later. 4) She's not who she claims. 5) She's Talia!
It took less than a second to go through all of those steps. Knowing that it was her didn't lessen the movie though.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 09, 2012, 11:50:27 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

I love that part in red at the bottom "Neither Body Found"  icon_lol
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:08:27 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 09, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »

That should really be spoiler tagged. Funny though!

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: August 09, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »

You may want to put that in spoilers before the angry peoples arrive.

Spoiler for Hiden:
And given the plot of the movie where thousands of people would have died I don't think there would be much to connect Bruce with Batman anymore than there already was.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 09, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »

What's etiquette for spoilers in a movie thread that's 14 pages long?  Is anybody who still hasn't seen this carefully following this?  Now I'd understand spoiler tagging this in an unrelated thread, but it seems to me we can move freely with our spoilers at some point. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 09, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »

I have edited anyway just incase,and sorry if someone did see it and had not seen the movie yet...i wasn't thinking straight,as it was making me giggle icon_biggrin

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 12, 2012, 04:59:31 AM »

Finally got out to see this.  Loved it.  Loved it a lot.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 13, 2012, 07:41:19 AM »

Well its no longer at number one in the UK(Ted) or US(The Bourne Legacy) but it has now made some $835 million worldwide
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $390,149,000      46.7%
+ Foreign:    $445,300,000      53.3%
= Worldwide:    $835,449,000   
In Release:    24 days / 3.4 weeks

Not bad for 3 and a half weeks

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 13, 2012, 09:09:29 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on August 05, 2012, 02:07:47 PM

Heh.

Anyway, I don't think it'll get close to TDK. Just a hunch, but I reserve the right to change my opinion if it does.

Okay someone beatmeoff to it....
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 13, 2012, 09:46:36 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on August 13, 2012, 09:09:29 PM

Quote from: Eel Snave on August 05, 2012, 02:07:47 PM

Heh.

Okay someone beatmeoff to it....

do it yourself you perv.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 17, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »

So David Cronenberg thinks Batman was a waste of Chris Nolan's talent. Clearly he's ideal for the reboot, featuring a "stupid-cape"-less Batman. But not as director, as actor...  icon_eek

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/robert-pattinson-david-cronenberg-cosmopolis-interview
David Cronenberg: But a superhero movie, by definition, you know, it's comic book. It's for kids. It's adolescent in its core. That has always been its appeal, and I think people who are saying, you know, "Dark Knight Rises" is, you know, supreme cinema art," I don't think they know what the f**k they're talking about.

Having determined that they're utterly pedestrian, is that something you would ever do, Robert?

DC: As an actor, I would play Batman.
icon_lol Hmmm, he might be old enough for The Dark Knight Returns.   ninja2

I wonder if Cronenberg saw something like Watchmen or Kick-Ass. Probably he'd still dismiss them but those might come closer to being something he'd appreciate.

I do think it'd be cool if someone threw something like, say, Daredevil at him and said "here, do something creative with this, with no studio interference." I just don't know if the masses are ready for a David Cronenberg comic book movie.  paranoid
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:40:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 24, 2012, 01:36:49 PM »

How it should have ended

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fLyoog562x4

Spoilers abound!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 24, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »

Cronenberg is being silly.  I think a good writer and a good director can elevate almost anything to an artform if given the resources.  He's been doing it with horror himself for a good long while (sometimes successfully, sometimes not).  I'm not sure where he's getting the hubris to say others can't do the same thing in other genres.   

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: August 24, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 24, 2012, 04:17:00 PM

Cronenberg is being silly.  I think a good writer and a good director can elevate almost anything to an artform if given the resources.  He's been doing it with horror himself for a good long while (sometimes successfully, sometimes not).  I'm not sure where he's getting the hubris to say others can't do the same thing in other genres.   

That was my reaction, too.  Unless he doesn't count his own work as art, he should shut the hell up about others.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 24, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »

It's that time of week again...time to check on Box Office Mojo

and the film has surpassed The Dark Knight for overseas total,and the film has yet to open in China and Italy
Box Office Mojo

Early this weekend, The Dark Knight Rises flew past The Dark Knight's overseas total. The conclusion to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy added $21.4 million from 61 markets, which brought its total to $488.6 million. That's ahead of The Dark Knight's $469.7 million, and Rises will drastically widen that gap with openings in China and Italy at the end of the month.

The movie's top-grossing territories so far are the U.K. ($77.8 million), South Korea ($40.8 million), Australia ($40.5 million), Germany ($29 million) and Mexico ($28.6 million). Worldwide, the movie's total has reached $898.4 million, and it should be on track for $1 billion eventually.

here are the results for 5 weeks results

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $415,042,000      45.9%
+ Foreign:    $488,600,000      54.1%
= Worldwide:    $903,642,000   

Widest Release:    4,404 theaters
In Release:    35 days / 5 weeks

lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 01, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »

Just wanted to come in and chime that I thought the movie was awesome and to add the following thoughts

Spoiler for Hiden:
  Bane was totally friend-zoned by Miranda/Talia.  He was doing all that stuff for her because he was in love with her. And at the end when she leaves him the last time all she says was 'Goodbye my friend'.  Dig that dagger deeper Talia  icon_wink

and

The general population probably thought that Bruce Wayne was exiled/killed when Bane was running the show

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 07, 2012, 11:00:29 AM »

Could there be a Directors Cut for the Blu-Ray release?

Don't think I'm not aware of the irony of posting a news story based off a Nuke The Fridge link, but there it is: according to sources in contact with the website, Christopher Nolan may well be planning a Director's Cut for the Blu-Ray release.  Who their sources are I have no idea, but it actually wouldn't be unprecedented - costume designer Lindy Hemming told GQ recently that there was a whole sequence on Bane's origin that was filmed but not used in the movie.  In addition, Nuke The Fridge states that there are new scenes with Ra's Al Ghul (Liam Neeson) that were filmed as well.  They state that the total scenes would add another thirty minutes to an already pretty long movie.

Nolan isn't known for Director's Cuts.  From what I understand he has final edit on his movies, and there's rarely even deleted scenes on the video releases.  But for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, it could be possible - some of the scenes in the third act seem awfully truncated, even through the bloat, and Nolan might have edited his movie in a way to keep it under three hours.  I still consider this unlikely - Nolan is fairly meticulous when it comes to his movies, and I doubt he'd throw that out for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.

But, the fact is that there are scenes that didn't make the theatrical edit.  Whether or not Nolan thinks that they would add to a Director's Cut obviously remains to be seen, but they are out there.  Pacing is essential to Nolan and how his movies work, and it's possible that either he didn't want to muck up the theatrical release with these scenes, or that they just didn't work in the scheme of things.  Obviously this is all rumor and conjecture, so we'll see.

Doesn't sound solid,but it's interesting to know that the scenes are out there

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Also BOX OFFICE MOJO UPDATE!!

The Dark Knight Rises
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $434,176,924      42.9%
+ Foreign:    $577,700,000      57.1%
= Worldwide:    $1,011,876,924   

In Release:    48 days / 6.9 weeks

The Dark Knight
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $533,345,358      53.2%
+ Foreign:    $469,700,000      46.8%
= Worldwide:    $1,003,045,358   

In Release:    231 days / 33 weeks

so it has overtaken The Dark Knight,(Although Domestic is still behind it)if you don't include the difference for the Movies Budget($75mill more for TDKR according to BJ's post above)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:15:11 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 28, 2012, 12:44:34 AM »

blu ray December 4th:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: