http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:52:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] The Dark Knight Rises - Impressions start page 12  (Read 26774 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 12, 2010, 02:01:07 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 12, 2010, 01:55:45 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 12, 2010, 01:51:23 AM

a female villain?  hmm... wonder who that could be......

then again maybe he'll throw us for a loop and go with someone other than Catwoman.

Like Poison Ivy?

or Talia al Ghul.  Considering how grounded in reality (or maybe I should say as close to) he's kept the series she'd be perfect.

yeah that would be good,revenge for papa Liam Neeson's death

i do know that Talia al Ghul is also in Batman Arkham City

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2010, 09:00:09 AM »

new rumors that the Joker will be making an appearance.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2010, 03:31:16 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on May 01, 2010, 07:59:25 PM

They had a memorial for him, so he's dead.

Perhaps:
Your father Dent was seduced by the dark side of the Force horribly disfigured and emotionally scarred. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker Dent and became Darth Vader Two-Face. When that happened, the good man who was your father Dent was destroyed. So what I told you you saw in the movie was true, from a certain point of view
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2010, 03:02:21 PM »

A certain point of view?

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 01, 2010, 09:00:09 AM

I know CGI has come a long way since 2000, but I can't help recalling how awful some of the CGI'd Oliver Reed sequences (he died during filming, and they used stand-ins and some CGI "cut 'n' paste" to finish his scenes) turned out in Gladiator that year. I don't think it's ever a good idea (going back to using stand-ins and camera tricks when Bela Lugosi died while that Ed Wood-directed film was being made), and Nolan always said there was no "footage on the cutting room floor."

To me it'd be more disrespectful if not downright tasteless to try to paste in Ledger's visage in a third film, and maybe unfair to whomever's playing the key villain(s) in the third film. Certainly there's little doubt the character would've returned in some form in a third film if Ledger had lived (probably at Arkham Asylum), but I'd hope they'd just come up with something new at this point. imho TDK itself and the Oscar Heath won are monuments to his talent that will always be remembered.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »

They say it's only a "snippet". It sounds like it would be a fleeting image in the background of Joker being arested or something.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2010, 07:08:16 PM »

that's a good idea with CGI,what they have done recently with Jeff Bridges(making him young) in Tron 2 looks great....i actually didn't think the Oliver Reed scenes were that bad...but then again,i had seen Bruce Lee in Game of Death,i can't believe they brought that out like it was,although it was the late 70s

yes,it is what it looks like,a stand in actor with Bruce Lee's face stuck over,that's how it was in the film

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »

I would be ok with finding a way to insert the Joker into the next film. It's not like he's going to have an extensive role. Besides, I trust Nolan to have the skills and power to not just pull it off respectfully, but to also scrap the idea if he can't.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2010, 08:04:54 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on December 02, 2010, 07:17:47 PM

I would be ok with finding a way to insert the Joker into the next film. It's not like he's going to have an extensive role. Besides, I trust Nolan to have the skills and power to not just pull it off respectfully, but to also scrap the idea if he can't.

this.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2010, 09:02:31 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on December 02, 2010, 08:04:54 PM

this.

that.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2010, 09:03:48 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on December 02, 2010, 09:02:31 PM

this.

that.

/signed.

Because I can,
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2010, 09:35:24 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2010, 09:03:48 PM

this.

that.

/signed.

/sealed
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2010, 11:40:34 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on December 02, 2010, 09:35:24 PM

this.

that.

/signed.

/sealed

/delivered
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2010, 12:17:14 AM »

Quote from: heloder on December 02, 2010, 11:40:34 PM

Quote from: rickfc on December 02, 2010, 09:35:24 PM

this.

that.

/signed.

/sealed

/delivered
/i'm yours.

Actually, now Nolan is saying there's no way the Joker will appear. It was just another unsubstantiated internet rumor, apparently.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »

Two Face put to rest.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2010, 06:21:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 06, 2010, 04:47:14 PM

A Conspiracy Theorist would point out that it's just confirming Aaron Eckhart the actor won't be in The Dark Knight Rises. That's the joy of conspiracy theorizing, no one can ever prove anything to you or prove you wrong. icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2011, 06:04:50 PM »

Anne Hathaway is Selina Kyle and Tom Hardy is Bane

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/01/19/anne-hathaway-will-be-catwoman-in-the-dark-knight-rises/
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2011, 06:13:39 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on January 19, 2011, 06:04:50 PM

Sweet.  I have complete faith in Nolan  thumbsup

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2011, 06:16:30 PM »

I'm kind of disappointed Nolan would re-visit the Catwoman character for a third time (in terms of previous Batman films), even though the Halle Berry Catwoman film was soooooo awful and off the wall as to maybe not count.  icon_razz It's a tough character to pull off without her coming across as ridiculous or, well, a bizarre domanatrix (Pheiffer in Batman Returns) that's tough to empathize with if easy to drool over.  drool icon_razz

Given how miscast Katie Holmes was in Batman Begins (kind of a shame to then re-cast it well in TDK only to throw the Rachel character overboard), I don't have 100% faith in Nolan in terms of casting, just in terms of the final product.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:20:02 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2011, 06:48:08 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 19, 2011, 06:16:30 PM

I'm kind of disappointed Nolan would re-visit the Catwoman character for a third time (in terms of previous Batman films), even though the Halle Berry Catwoman film was soooooo awful and off the wall as to maybe not count.  icon_razz It's a tough character to pull off without her coming across as ridiculous or, well, a bizarre domanatrix (Pheiffer in Batman Returns) that's tough to empathize with if easy to drool over.  drool icon_razz

Given how miscast Katie Holmes was in Batman Begins (kind of a shame to then re-cast it well in TDK only to throw the Rachel character overboard), I don't have 100% faith in Nolan in terms of casting, just in terms of the final product.  icon_smile

See, while I agree that Katie Holmes was miscast, Maggie Gyllenhaal just didn't seem right to me.  Yes, she's a much better actress than Holmes, but it seemed to me that they went out of their way to make her unattractive.  I can't help but roll my eyes every time I see the Joker say, "and you are beautiful..."
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2011, 07:02:52 PM »

Tom could reprise his role as Bronson and just put on Bane's leotard:

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:03 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on January 19, 2011, 06:48:08 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on January 19, 2011, 06:16:30 PM

I'm kind of disappointed Nolan would re-visit the Catwoman character for a third time (in terms of previous Batman films), even though the Halle Berry Catwoman film was soooooo awful and off the wall as to maybe not count.  icon_razz It's a tough character to pull off without her coming across as ridiculous or, well, a bizarre domanatrix (Pheiffer in Batman Returns) that's tough to empathize with if easy to drool over.  drool icon_razz

Given how miscast Katie Holmes was in Batman Begins (kind of a shame to then re-cast it well in TDK only to throw the Rachel character overboard), I don't have 100% faith in Nolan in terms of casting, just in terms of the final product.  icon_smile

See, while I agree that Katie Holmes was miscast, Maggie Gyllenhaal just didn't seem right to me.  Yes, she's a much better actress than Holmes, but it seemed to me that they went out of their way to make her unattractive.  I can't help but roll my eyes every time I see the Joker say, "and you are beautiful..."

Yeah, I agree with you there, rickfc.

I think with these casting and villain choices I just have to trust in Nolan and the people he surrounds himself with to make it all work better than I could imagine.  I certainly remember my reaction when I heard Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2011, 02:55:10 AM »

I'm torn. I think Anne Hathaway needs a personality before I'll believe her as an actress, but the role of Catwoman is one a woman can genuinely sink her teeth in to. Selina Kyle is multifaceted and complex and is a great match for Batman. Hathaway, though, is about as bland as you can get. Bane, I think, is a stupid villain but Hardy is a great actor who I'll accept in just about any thing. So yes, I'm torn.

All that being said, I wasn't sold on Ledger either until he did the pencil trick. From that second on, all I could do was watch in awe that someone was able to finally capture the true Joker on film. I have great faith in Nolan, but I'm not sold on this and likely won't be until the trailers hit late this year/early next.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2011, 09:46:53 AM »

I guess Bane goes well with the Venom storyline that's been floating around.

Because I can,
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2011, 10:52:41 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on January 20, 2011, 02:55:10 AM

I'm torn. I think Anne Hathaway needs a personality before I'll believe her as an actress, but the role of Catwoman is one a woman can genuinely sink her teeth in to. Selina Kyle is multifaceted and complex and is a great match for Batman. Hathaway, though, is about as bland as you can get. Bane, I think, is a stupid villain but Hardy is a great actor who I'll accept in just about any thing. So yes, I'm torn.

All that being said, I wasn't sold on Ledger either until he did the pencil trick. From that second on, all I could do was watch in awe that someone was able to finally capture the true Joker on film. I have great faith in Nolan, but I'm not sold on this and likely won't be until the trailers hit late this year/early next.

Have you seen Rachel Getting Married? She was pretty amazing in it. Totally depressing sort-of-movie, but her performance was excellent. Also, and this is totally guilty pleasure, but I rather enjoyed Get Smart Tongue

At this point, given my initial overall skepticism of almost every single casting choice they've made for these movies I'm willing to trust Nolan on this one.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »

Yeah, I'm actually surprised at some of the comments about Anne Hathaway in here.  Everything I've seen her in has done nothing but build a case that she's a pretty damned good actress.  And she certainly has a personality.  Now I can't say that her personality is right for Catwoman, but I haven't seen her recent movie, either, and apparently she's all about the sex in that.  She certainly wouldn't be my first choice for the role (Heath Ledger blah blah blah), but I think the lady has depth we haven't even seen yet, and I think Nolan can get it out of her.

One interesting thought: I imagine Nolan won't go with the loopy origin from the Burton film, but if there's a similarity, or a dual personality thing or even just a secret identity, her current image would lend itself to that.  There's certainly a librarian aspect to her that could be fun to see unpeeled.

For me, the moment of real surprise with her came at the Oscars when she seemed to get roped into singing with Hugh Jackman and then blew everyone away.  It was totally believable that she wasn't in on it and then her singing was absolutely incredible (and she hadn't really done any musicals in Hollywood).

Also, she was kinda kick ass as 99 in Get Smart.

Quote from: whiteboyskim on January 20, 2011, 02:55:10 AM

Bane, I think, is a stupid villain but Hardy is a great actor who I'll accept in just about any thing.

I agree 100% with this.

I wish Hardy wasn't being wasted on Bane, but I'm willing to see what they do.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »

Quote from: spigot on January 19, 2011, 07:02:52 PM

Tom could reprise his role as Bronson and just put on Bane's leotard:

friggin' love that movie.  hardy puts most hollywood actors to shame.  watching bronson is like watching a force of nature.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2011, 09:13:19 PM »

IGN has a nice doctored up image of Hathaway suited up on the main page (it's the second scrolling image, she's holding a GCPD sign under someone's boobs).  It's...appealing.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:58 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 20, 2011, 09:13:19 PM

IGN has a nice doctored up image of Hathaway suited up on the main page (it's the second scrolling image, she's holding a GCPD sign under someone's boobs).  It's...appealing.
She already gave up her goodies in another movie.  They are very nice.

Because I can,
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2011, 12:29:42 AM »

IGN has a nice doctored up image of Hathaway suited up on the main page (it's the second scrolling image, she's holding a GCPD sign under someone's boobs).  It's...appealing.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:32:38 AM by Gryndyl » Logged

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2011, 12:33:44 AM »

Yeah, I think her ample assets may get in the way of being a stealthy cat burglar. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2011, 12:42:24 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on January 23, 2011, 12:33:44 AM

Yeah, I think her ample assets may get in the way of being a stealthy cat burglar. 

going from the movie Havoc I think they're exaggerating them a bit in that pic (or at the very least using a nice push up bra).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:45:29 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »

Nolan apparently confirmed at an event in His Honor that they'll start filming this in May:

Christopher Nolan on The Dark Knight Rises
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73659
We listened in as moderator Pete Hammond asked where he got the title from and Nolan joked, "I banged my head against the wall."

The audience laughed and then Nolan went on to say, "We've worked on it a long time - David Goyer and myself. We're about 12 weeks away from shooting. We start in May."

It's been known that Nolan wasn't sure if he was going to do another film or not, so when Hammond asked why he decided to do a third one, he simply said, "It was about finishing the story."

Nolan still wouldn't confirm whether Anne Hathaway would play Catwoman or just Selina Kyle. When asked, he smiled coyly and wouldn't say a word.
And I believe The Dark Knight Rises ends with Bruce Wayne in top hat and tails, dancing along main street in Gotham, singing (apologies to Sammy Davis):
Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
Cover it with choc'late and a miracle or two
The Candy Man, oh the Candy Man can
The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good
Because really, the guy deserves to be happy at some point, right?  icon_mrgreen

TDK's on constant replay on TNT these days btw. It's interesting to see it 3 years later, away from the hype, buzz, Ledger's sad death, and everything else of summer 2008.

I think I still get the ending stuff mixed up sometimes. Is he the hero we deserve, but not the one we need, or is he the hero we need but not the one we deserve?  icon_lol
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:55:14 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »

Wow, i didn't realize The Dark Knight was on television already.  That seems quick.  Has it really been 3 years?   eek

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2011, 09:56:52 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 31, 2011, 09:32:13 PM

Wow, i didn't realize The Dark Knight was on television already.  That seems quick.  Has it really been 3 years?   eek

scary, isn't it?  it's been too long without Bale growling out lines while wearing the batsuit.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2011, 10:23:15 PM »

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...
and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero.
He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a dark knight."

"But why is he running?"
"Because we have to chase him."
"But why?"
"Because we need to make another movie and try to make another half billion dollars domestically again."
"But why?"
"Because Gary Oldman can't play a good guy action hero type in any other franchise!"
"But why?"
"You ask too many questions, kid..."  Bring your own!

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2011, 02:38:07 AM »

Good BJ. Other than batman and Harry potter, how many good guys has he played?  All I can think of is his bad guy roles.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2011, 06:25:22 PM »

Quote from: Caine on February 01, 2011, 02:38:07 AM

Good BJ.

Some abbreviations should be avoided.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »

Leave my BJ alone HepC!

Because I can,
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »

Quote from: Gryndyl on January 23, 2011, 12:29:42 AM

IGN has a nice doctored up image of Hathaway suited up on the main page (it's the second scrolling image, she's holding a GCPD sign under someone's boobs).  It's...appealing.

This has my purple knight rising!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: