http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 06:40:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [move] it's been 5 years, time for another Day of the Dead remake!  (Read 242 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »

I didn't even remember there being a remake in 2008.  Considering that, and the Night of the Living Dead remake in 2006, I'd rather think Dawn would be next up for another remake first biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 02:35:41 PM »

The last remake was terrible. Mena Suvari, Nick Cannon ... ugh. Just terrible.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »

That's not actually a strong enough assessment of the awfulness that was the remake.

However, the original wasn't exactly perfect.  Romero ran out of funding (or was short at some point before production), if I remember correctly, and had to make a lot of changes to his original script to get it made cheaper than planned.  Still, it was Romero making a zombie film so it was fun and well worth watching.  

Quote from: CeeKay on July 10, 2013, 10:53:06 PM

Considering that, and the Night of the Living Dead remake in 2006, I'd rather think Dawn would be next up for another remake first biggrin

Dawn of the Dead was the remake you're thinking of I believe (and it was 2004, not 2006), not Night of the Living Dead.  Night of the Living Dead DID have a pretty decent remake in 1990 though.  It was made by the great Tom Savini.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 02:57:43 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 11, 2013, 02:52:55 PM

That's not actually a strong enough assessment of the awfulness that was the remake.

However, the original wasn't exactly perfect.  Romero ran out of funding (or was short at some point before production), if I remember correctly, and had to make a lot of changes to his original script to get it made cheaper than planned.  Still, it was Romero making a zombie film so it was fun and well worth watching.  

Considering that, and the Night of the Living Dead remake in 2006, I'd rather think Dawn would be next up for another remake first biggrin

Dawn of the Dead was the remake you're thinking of I believe (and it was 2004, not 2006), not Night of the Living Dead.

The Dawn of the Dead remake was awesome. Fast zombies and tits. Also that guy from Modern Family played Steve the asshole, he was great in it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 02:58:27 PM »

Yup, Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead was pretty well received by fans of the original and newbies alike.  I've even bought it twice...once on DVD when it first came out, and then on Blu Ray during a Best Buy upgrade sale.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 03:51:51 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 11, 2013, 02:52:55 PM

However, the original wasn't exactly perfect.  Romero ran out of funding (or was short at some point before production), if I remember correctly, and had to make a lot of changes to his original script to get it made cheaper than planned.  Still, it was Romero making a zombie film so it was fun and well worth watching. 

Dawn of the Dead was the remake you're thinking of I believe (and it was 2004, not 2006), not Night of the Living Dead.  Night of the Living Dead DID have a pretty decent remake in 1990 though.  It was made by the great Tom Savini.

2006 Night of the Living Dead... in 3D.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 04:03:23 PM »

Ugh.  No wonder I don't know about it.  Well, to be correct, I did HEAR that Sid Haig had made a zombie film, but I wasn't aware it was being touted as a remake of the original.

The reason you see so many Night of the Living Dead movies out there is because Romero lost the rights to his own movie shortly after it was made.  He literally sees nothing from any use of the name or the story.  It's a pretty shitty situation for such a great filmmaker.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: