http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 01:51:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iPhone] Now unlock your phone for free!  (Read 1431 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: September 12, 2007, 03:41:19 AM »

A whopping ONE day after some adventurous souls decided to charge a whopping $50 to $100 (depending on who you went with) to sell you the rights to unlock your AT&T iPhone (so you could switch to T-Mobile or use your phone elsewhere in the world), it's now completely free (with a bit of Googling for some files) for you to acquire. So, if you ever wanted to buy a iPhone, but use it on some other GSM network (basically only AT&T and T-Mobile in the US, and just about anybody in the rest of the world), now's the time to do so (before Apple gets pissed and tries to lock this method down).

Thoughts? Should people have to go to such great lengths to use their phones on another carrier? Or is it part of the reason why you tend to get such decent deals from time to time (as nobody else has said phone)?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 07:05:58 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 12, 2007, 03:41:19 AM

A whopping ONE day after some adventurous souls decided to charge a whopping $50 to $100 (depending on who you went with) to sell you the rights to unlock your AT&T iPhone (so you could switch to T-Mobile or use your phone elsewhere in the world), it's now completely free (with a bit of Googling for some files) for you to acquire. So, if you ever wanted to buy a iPhone, but use it on some other GSM network (basically only AT&T and T-Mobile in the US, and just about anybody in the rest of the world), now's the time to do so (before Apple gets pissed and tries to lock this method down).

Thoughts? Should people have to go to such great lengths to use their phones on another carrier? Or is it part of the reason why you tend to get such decent deals from time to time (as nobody else has said phone)?

Tim - for someone who's been doesn't like the iPhone - you sure seem to love trying to find anything negative to say about it.

It's gotten to the point that anytime I see your name and the iPhone together all I can hear in my head is this movie quote (click link to listen)
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 01:33:24 PM »

Where exactly did I say something negative in this post?

Yeah, I don't consider the phone the 'Jesus phone' (as some people jokingly call it), but I do hope the iPhone causes one thing - a substantial upgrade in phone features across the board (as the US has been...lacking when it comes to some things for many years now).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 01:43:10 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 12, 2007, 01:33:24 PM

Where exactly did I say something negative in this post?

Yeah, I don't consider the phone the 'Jesus phone' (as some people jokingly call it), but I do hope the iPhone causes one thing - a substantial upgrade in phone features across the board (as the US has been...lacking when it comes to some things for many years now).

I agree with this.  US phone are way behind the tech curve when it comes to mobile phones.  Japan and Europe enjoy phones and features that US makers haven't even introduced to us yet

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 02:12:24 PM »

yeah, I'm having trouble finding the negative there, other than letting people know they're not stuck with AT&T if they don't want them.

I also agree with the fact that up until now cell phone evolution has been pretty stagnant.  I'd love to see more phones where you can make your own ringtone from music you already own instead of having to pay for them.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 02:34:33 PM »

ehhh - for me it's a matter of why does he care so much about a phone that he doesn't like?  hence the quote about someone claiming to despise something yet unable to stop talking about them.

So while nothing overtly negative in this post - taken as a whole with previous comments by him on the subject - it still felt like he was wanting to point out negatives about the iPhone.

But who knows - I'm stressed and exhausted and I wrote this at some ungodly hour last night so maybe I was in the wrong.

If so - my bad and apologies.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 02:45:13 PM »

Tim is OMG Teh HAXXORSSS!!11!!

Actually, I agree with the statement that the iPhone should, in theory, lead to US carriers making phones better overall. Here's hoping at least. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 03:20:23 PM »

Quote from: DarkEL on September 12, 2007, 02:34:33 PM

for your penance you must sit through the new live action Underdog movie 13 times in a row  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 12, 2007, 03:20:23 PM

for your penance you must sit through the new live action Underdog movie 13 times in a row  icon_twisted

Does the 2 times I've endured already count?

My daughter LOVES it -- even today she keeps saying "there's no need to fear - underwear is here!"
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 05:06:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 12, 2007, 03:20:23 PM

Now that's just wrong. biggrin

And since I created this thread, I can derail it - how could they possibly ruin yet another one of my childhood memories with this live action bullarky?

DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 05:15:07 PM »

derailment continues....

Obviously I like underdog since I use him as my avatar but i do keep this in mind when watching the movie.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:21:06 PM by DarkEL » Logged
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 05:47:32 PM »

Quote from: DarkEL on September 12, 2007, 05:15:07 PM

Obviously I like underdog since I use him as my avatar but i do keep this in mind when watching the movie.

Tongue  icon_lol

You just make me feel old.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: