http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 01:55:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [HEROES] - Season Two. Anyone IN? [spoilers inevitable]  (Read 9312 times)
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2007, 11:34:40 PM »

Flat out I hate where they have gone with Hiro.  The whole back in time fulfilling a dream to meet Kensei and all that crap is just meaningless 'Lost' type of side story that does NOTHING to further a solution to the show's primary issue-whatever that is.

And that is my only other second complaint, until last night's final few minutes with Peter and girlfriend seeing the future I felt the show was floundering in meaninglessness and I was considering giving up on it.  I felt like I was being jerked around to prolong the series with absolutely no core crisis to compell me to watch like they had last year with the whole 'save the cheerleader, save the world' thing. 

I am hoping they get Hiro back soon and get off this completely stupid Kensei history lesson and now start focusing on this year's 'crisis'.   

If this turns into another Lost, forget it.  Hope is still high for the show though.  My favorite at present.  At least til 24 gets here.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2007, 07:03:31 AM »

I dunno, there was pretty good payoff last year with the story.  I think they'll do well this year.  It's likely they have some roundabout way of tying all these story arcs together.
dmd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2007, 01:56:12 PM »

Hiro's kiss may have caused a butterfly effect that ultimately caused the evacuation of NY in the future. Kill the Hiro, save the world.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2007, 03:36:18 PM »

wow, I like how they pretty much put all the stuff out there to say that it's Peter who killed Hiros father and attacked his own mother.  A person with Hiros powers and Nikkis split personality?  definitely bad news.  I have the feeling we'll be seeing Sylar and Peter switching roles over the rest of the season.

I hope Hiro gets back to the present soon- they're spread everyone out a bit too thin so far and it's showing in the storyline.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2007, 06:00:40 PM »

some potentially bad news regarding Heroes in light of the upcoming writer's strike that may start on monday...

apparently Heroes has quite a few episodes written ahead, but they may cut the show off in early december because something happens that provides what could be considered a finale until they create more episodes.  the rumor is that a major storyline comes to an end in about four weeks, and they've actually filmed a different ending to that episode which would allow them to use it as sort of a 'season finale' if the strike looks like it will last too long.  hopefully they don't screw up the story because of this stupid strike...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2007, 11:35:42 PM »

stupid writes.  I'd love to have a shot at writing for the small screen.  I wonder if they'll be looking for non-union help.....  icon_wink

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2007, 05:39:27 AM »

You say that now, but when you're stuck in that job getting paid a pittance, yet still having to be under intense hair whitening deadlines, all the while they milk your ideas for millions.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2007, 02:48:15 PM »

Last night's episode was more true to form, finally giving us some story resolution.

Spoiler for Hiden:
1. Hiro vs Kensei - pretty lackluster fight, but you knew Kensei would survive. When it was all over, I was wondering what it had to do with anything. Thankfully, they tied it in nicely. Apparently, Kensei could be on the show Journeyman.

2. Peter in future New York - so he lost the girl in the future and went back without her. Now, if he saves the present, doesn't that mean she's stuck in a non-existing alternate timeline? Alternate timelines give me a headache.

3. Everyone vs. Nightmare Man - It won't be long before Nightmare Man finds a way out. I'm surprised he was so easily captured. Felt a little cheap. It was cool seeing so many heroes come together. The show really needs more larger congregations of heroes. Pretty interesting seeing Mohinder tell Company Bob about his working with Noah.

4. Claire vs Claire's Dad - Oh no, the man... with the horn rimmed glasses. Who the fuck identifies people like that? Noah must be the only person on the planet with horn rimmed glasses. At least this storyline will be inter-mingling more in the near future.

I'm glad they only had a handful of storylines this week, and that a lot of things are coming together nicely. It makes the story easier to follow, and this week's episode was easily the best of the season.

Next week: You've got questions, NBC has the answers. What happened four months ago? Didn't we do this last season anyways? Why are we doing it again? Why are we dealing with four months ago anyways? Who is Elle? Remember her? She was in an episode for all of three minutes about 3 weeks ago. Does anyone care who she is?

I'm ready for a let-down week next week. The flashback episode worked great last season, to fill in the story gaps, but I don't think there's as many story gaps that need to be filled in this week. There is such a thing as too much story composition - leaving holes open is a good thing as it allows for future stories. Aside from filling in what happened to Peter, there really isn't anything that needs filling in.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 04, 2007, 05:39:27 AM

You say that now, but when you're stuck in that job getting paid a pittance, yet still having to be under intense hair whitening deadlines, all the while they milk your ideas for millions.

well, yeah, the grass always looks greener from the other side, but still, even having your name on something like Heroes or House would make for some decent geek cred.

Because I can,
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2007, 05:48:13 PM »

There's also unfortunate talk that NBC saw the writer's strike coming and purposely re-tooled a script for December to act as the season finale if need be.

On the other hand, NBC/Universal could possibly move Battlestar Galactica to network TV...

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2007, 07:05:28 PM »

I liked last night's episode.  It was the best one of the season so far.  I hope flying boy stays out of the picture for a long time.  He's one of the more annoying characters in recent memory, in any show.  I'm also glad Hiro got his butt out of the past and back into the present.  A nice moment seeing Hiro and Ando back together.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2007, 08:05:14 AM »

Heh, the old inevitable time loop gag.  So it was always Hiro from the beginning.

And of course, Adam/Kensei murders Hiro's dad.  I called that one, although not exactly for the right reasons.

And now we have this season's villain, and he's directly tied to his hatred of Hiro.

Man, I so want to see them fight again.

Oh, and I want to see if Adam's powers have matured into something bigger.  That seems to be a theme, so it's likely Claire could pick that up too.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2007, 11:44:46 AM »

I mostly agree with you guys.  I thought this was the first show this season that was great.  I especially like when the heroes team up.

Although, I still think the entire Claire storyline is painfully dumb.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »

(11/5 Spoilers included)

I'm hoping that with Peter's love lost in the future, he ends up being a good-hearted villain: Caitlin is stuck in one particular future, so once he gets his time travelling power under control his only chance to retrieve her is to ensure that the virus-plagued timeline is on-track.  He knows that that timeline starts with his brother being infected, so he ends up trying to kill his own brother to save the girl he loves.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2007, 04:00:54 PM »

Did you guys catch the part when his mom said, "You are the most powerful of us all." - or something along those lines?

That was pretty cool.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2007, 03:27:16 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 07, 2007, 08:05:14 AM

And of course, Adam/Kensei murders Hiro's dad.  I called that one, although not exactly for the right reasons.

that was some pretty awesome mis-direction with the clues they gave that Peter may have absorbed Nikki's psychosis and then revealing he indeed had Hiros powers.  I can't wait to see Hiro go back in time to see who killed his father (you know it's coming).

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2007, 03:27:16 PM

I can't wait to see Hiro go back in time to see who killed his father (you know it's coming).

Really?  My powers of plot prediction say that Adam will be the one to tell Hiro, face to face.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2007, 03:59:01 PM »

Tim Kring acknowledges the suckage in Season 2: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2007, 04:03:04 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 08, 2007, 03:38:13 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2007, 03:27:16 PM

I can't wait to see Hiro go back in time to see who killed his father (you know it's coming).

Really?  My powers of plot prediction say that Adam will be the one to tell Hiro, face to face.

yeah, he'll tell him when Hiro discovers him fleeing the murder scene  icon_wink

Because I can,
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2007, 12:28:42 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Wasn't the one who tried to kill Peter's mom invisible or something? So how could it be Adam/Kensi? I could see how he could get up after dropping Sulu off the building, but how did he get into lockup and out with just healing powers?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2007, 12:35:50 AM »

We already know Adam was sending the Nightmare Man to do his bidding. smile

SPOILER WARNING!

Crap I don't think I did that right.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2007, 12:44:58 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on November 09, 2007, 12:28:42 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Wasn't the one who tried to kill Peter's mom invisible or something? So how could it be Adam/Kensi? I could see how he could get up after dropping Sulu off the building, but how did he get into lockup and out with just healing powers?

Spoiler for Hiden:
unless Matt's dad took her over mentally and caused her to harm herself

Because I can,
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2007, 03:02:25 PM »

Quote from: warning on November 08, 2007, 03:59:01 PM

Tim Kring acknowledges the suckage in Season 2: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

Impressive and top class to basically rip your own show like that. 15% drop-off is not BAD for a show going into the softmore slumps. He actually listened to the fans' complaints.

If only Battlestar Galactica and Stargate: Atlantis would actually listen.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2007, 03:26:43 AM »

So the MNF game didn't interest me at all tonight.

I watched the "4 months earlier" episode and it did not disappoint me in the least.  I thought they did a really nice job of explaining most of the stuff and how we got where we are today.

LD

disarm

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2007, 04:44:07 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on November 13, 2007, 03:26:43 AM

I watched the "4 months earlier" episode and it did not disappoint me in the least.  I thought they did a really nice job of explaining most of the stuff and how we got where we are today.

agreed...really interesting episode, even if it didn't do much to advance the overall story.  i'm a little worried about them rushing to tie up so many loose ends over the next three weeks though.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2007, 03:46:10 PM »

since I didn't see the link post here.  The creator of Heroes apologizes to the fans for the second season weak beginning.  It's incredibly honest and I think it shows the he honestly cares about his fans

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2007, 06:06:31 PM »

Not a huge fan of this episode. I think if they had done it as the first episode of the season, I would have liked it more. I'm at the point now where I want the story to move forward, not meander in what has come before.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2007, 08:04:23 PM »

I enjoyed the flash forward episode from last season more than this flashback.   What happened during the four months just wasn't all that interesting.  It pretty much just filled in the gaps to what we already know.  Alejandro/Maya's story dragged and not much new was revealed other than Jessica/Nicki's new personality.  bleh. 
Still, it was fairly entertaining.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2007, 09:58:55 PM »

I thought the catch up on Peter, Adam, the blonde electric chick, and Nathan & his family was great.  Different strokes I guess.

LD

warning

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2007, 03:22:08 PM »

Kristen Bell in a tight shirt and heels makes for great TV.

Was there more to the episode?
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2007, 05:08:27 PM »

Honestly, I was having a bit of a hard time getting past that Kristen Bell scene too. And by hard time, I mean difficult.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2007, 03:53:06 AM »

holy shit...tonight's episode was the best hour of television i've seen in a very long time.  i honestly think they topped everything from last season...absolutely incredible

*Gamertag - disarm78*
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2007, 04:33:27 AM »

Really?  I was profoundly disappointed until the last 5 minutes and the teaser for next week. 

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2007, 11:14:13 AM »

I loved this episode.  It felt like it was back to season one form and even West was tolerable.  Cool parallel to last seasons cliffhanger where Claire wakes up on the slab.

Some nice emotional character moments for Hiro and Claire.   Parkman better be careful and Mohinder is turning into a weasel.

It's good to see Elle get more screen time.  More Kristen Bell is always a good thing.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2007, 12:52:03 PM »

I liked the episode as well.

I still am not sure who is the bad guy - Bob or Noah.  I guess it's supposed to be Bob, but when you hear Peter's mom talk, it seems like they were at least trying to do the right thing.  It's all very confusing to me.  Or maybe the line between good and bad is supposed to be a bit ambiguous, I'm really not sure.

Claire's memory is pretty freakin' short, isn't it!  I really can't stand her. Wasn't it just the end of season 1 where HRG had the Haitian wipe his memory and shoot him or something, in order to protect her?  Now she won't "move" because she has a crush on some guy and thinks her dad is 'evil'?  I understand it's essentially a comic book on television, but that's just frustrating.

Overall though, I thought the last two episodes have stepped it up quite a bit from the lackluster beginning season 2 had.

LD

dmd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2007, 05:46:07 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on November 20, 2007, 12:52:03 PM

Claire's memory is pretty freakin' short, isn't it!  I really can't stand her. Wasn't it just the end of season 1 where HRG had the Haitian wipe his memory and shoot him or something, in order to protect her?  Now she won't "move" because she has a crush on some guy and thinks her dad is 'evil'?  I understand it's essentially a comic book on television, but that's just frustrating.

Insanity is part of the genetic makeup of teenage girls.
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2007, 06:02:10 PM »

I have a new theory that whenever I am unable to watch the show, its episode will be great.

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2007, 12:59:51 AM »

Kristen Bell in a bikini  eek eek dude

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2007, 01:00:28 AM »

Quote from: Creepy_Smell on November 20, 2007, 06:02:10 PM

I have a new theory that whenever I am unable to watch the show, its episode will be great.

Would you please not watch next week? Thank you!!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2007, 03:00:41 PM »

Looks like Creepy Smell didn't watch last night, cause that was fantastic!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Claire's scenes - *sigh*, I can't buy anything that she does anymore. Last season I enjoyed her story. This season, I'm more annoyed than anything

"Saint Joan" - I'm convinced that this side-story has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I kind of wish they had just left it out of this week's and next weeks and let the story continue into chapter three...

Holy crap, Sylar killed Alexandro, and is sitting in Mohinder's apartment! Mohinder doesn't know Sylar is powerless, but I imagine that Mohinder will be calling up company Bob for help. Unless he's stupid. This being TV, there's a good chance he's stupid.

How is it that Peter and Adam can get within 100 feet of Primatech Paper in Odessa without the company going effing ballistic? I mean, I love the idea of Hiro vs Peter (Who has the same powers as Hiro, plus more - spoiler, Peter wins) but I can't imagine the company being that un-secure. Maybe they already know and are working on keeping the cover...

I can't believe that Peter doesn't realize that Adam isn't who he claims to be. I mean, he met Adam in prison...

Yeah, I focus more on the plot holes smile but I'm still excited for next week's finale.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: