http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 09:51:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [HEROES] - Season Two. Anyone IN? [spoilers inevitable]  (Read 9248 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 27, 2007, 09:43:28 AM

Uh, who is he?

Even if I didn't know him from the show, I'd be able to tell you he's the actor who played a guy named Sark on Alias. slywink
warning

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 01:20:25 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 27, 2007, 09:43:28 AM

Uh, who is he?

He was a badass assassin-type-guy on Alias.  A pretty cool recurring character though I never watched the last two seasons so maybe they screwed the pooch with him.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »

Not to derail my own thread, but did Alias ever have a true "ending"?

I also did not watch the last 2 seasons, so I have no clue how the whole thing ended.

Is it worth watching?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 02:12:28 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on September 27, 2007, 02:09:39 PM

I also did not watch the last 2 seasons, so I have no clue how the whole thing ended.

Is it worth watching?

I haven't watched most of S5 yet but I do know that it had a real ending.

S4 was pretty lackluster IMO until the last batch of episodes.  Then again I think S3 is way underrated which seems to put me in the minority there. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 02:27:25 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 27, 2007, 02:12:28 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on September 27, 2007, 02:09:39 PM

Is it worth watching?

I haven't watched most of S5 yet but I do know that it had a real ending.

S4 was pretty lackluster IMO until the last batch of episodes.  Then again I think S3 is way underrated which seems to put me in the minority there. 

I'm finally slogginy my way through season 4 right now, although Angel keeps on appearing in my DVD player.  S4 is kinda rough- they tried to re-invent the series (again) and it really doesn't seem to be working.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 27, 2007, 02:27:25 PM

I'm finally slogginy my way through season 4 right now, although Angel keeps on appearing in my DVD player.  S4 is kinda rough- they tried to re-invent the series (again) and it really doesn't seem to be working.

Yeah, all of Alias's attempts to relaunch almost became a running joke.  The first half of S4 is focused on trying to make the show friendly to new viewers (they got a nice boost that season by airing after Lost) and also trying to be more standalone (again to make it easier for people to sample).  Thankfully they ditch some of that in the last half of the season and the show is better for it.   

I'd say Season 5 (at least based on what I've seen, about the first third) is an improvement from S4 but I'd still rate it below Seasons 1-3.  Of course, Season 1 kicked all sorts of holy ass and I don't think the show ever came close to matching that season. 
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2007, 06:33:17 PM »

Okey dokey... episode 2 is tonight.

Personally, I'm hoping for more on Mya y Alejandro as well as the scoop on Mr. Peter Petrelli.

I wouldn't be surprised if they focus on Niki, DL and Micah though, as they were a no-show last week.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 06:43:46 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 01, 2007, 06:33:17 PM

Personally, I'm hoping for more on Mya y Alejandro as well as the scoop on Mr. Peter Petrelli.

As a reminder: The current comic arc that started last week is covering the two of them.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2007, 03:18:38 PM »

Episode Two - Lizards

I'm critical only cause I enjoy it:

The storylines are for the most part boring right now.  Setup and all I guess.

Where is Sylar?  I love that guy. 

Not sure what's up with Maya y Alejandro.  Unless she learns how to control whatever the hell it is she does, I'm predicting she's as good as gone.  The Company will wipe her ass out.

Ok... I love Peter's character, his storyline, his powers, etc...  But sooner or later they are going to have to do a flashback and show why the Haitan (presumably) wiped out his memory, cause the amnesia thing is going to get old soon.  And for pete's sake writers, the "box in the fire" threat?  Are you seriously kidding me?  It's so lame, it's laughable.

Claire needs to kick the crap out of the flying kid for being the lamest peeping tom of all time.

Hiro's story:  It's not too bad.  I like Sark and the Asian girl.  Did Sark auto-heal or did Hiro do some weird time-travel thing?

I like Suresh.  His character is one of the only non-dorky ones in the whole show.

LD

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2007, 06:43:34 PM »

I'm still loving it, even though not much is happening.  So far, Peter's storyline is the most fun with Hiro's close behind.  Claire's feels the weakest mainly because of that annoying kid always nagging on her.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Kratz
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2007, 08:07:01 PM »

Quote from: Purge on September 25, 2007, 12:16:45 PM

Quote from: Chaz on September 24, 2007, 06:58:08 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think the "Save the cheerleader" line had everything to do with Hiro stabbing Sylar and preventing him from blowing up.  I would think that future Hiro was going off the comic book that showed him stabbing Sylar, and apparently in his version of the past, Claire did get pop-topped, and Sylar must have survived getting stabbed, and went on to blow up the city.  Of course, future Hiro couldn't have known that the chain of events that he set into motion would then result in Peter possibly blowing up as well.

The easiest way to prevent that from happening is to get Claire saved so that the stabbing actually kills (though apparently even that didn't work out so good).  What I really wonder about is why nobody made sure Sylar was good and dead.  I realize that there was that thing with Peter about to blow up, but still, take a second and remove the head, just to be on the safe side.

More on Season 1 StC,StW line:
Spoiler for Hiden:
As I see it, that line also triggered another event: it lead Peter to Texas to meet (and thusly absorb) Claires regenerative powers... he was the person the message was given to. The world may not yet be done with him and it may not yet be truly "saved".

THANK YOU! Glad I'm not the only one who thought this...

Quote from: Lockdown on October 02, 2007, 03:18:38 PM

Not sure what's up with Maya y Alejandro.  Unless she learns how to control whatever the hell it is she does, I'm predicting she's as good as gone.  The Company will wipe her ass out.

Please tell me you really think her name is Maya y Alejandro, because that's comedy!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2007, 09:05:47 PM »

Sorry.  I just like saying it instead of Maya and Alejandro cause of the online comic.

LD

Kratz
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2007, 09:56:19 PM »

Heh, okay... the way it was phrased it read that you thought the girl's name was Maya y Alejandro. smile
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2007, 02:19:14 AM »

I was thinking that Maya might secrete some sort of nerve toxin from her eyes, explaining why people in her vicinity keel over and die so quickly, but if that were the case they wouldn't get back up again even after Alejandro managed to put an end to it.

-Autistic Angel
warning

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2007, 04:10:49 AM »

I assumed she had the black oil alien thingy in her from the X-Files.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2007, 05:19:26 PM »

The black oil is a complicated power to have. She can't be too far from her brother her whole life. And she is super hot. Great casting.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2007, 09:20:54 PM »

Ok... I love Peter's character, his storyline, his powers, etc...  But sooner or later they are going to have to do a flashback and show why the Haitan (presumably) wiped out his memory, cause the amnesia thing is going to get old soon.  And for pete's sake writers, the "box in the fire" threat?  Are you seriously kidding me?  It's so lame, it's laughable.

Should this still be in spoilers?

I'm piecing together a good theory about what's going on with Peter.

1. Nathan sees flash of Peter in the Mirror --> Peter absorbed part of Niki/Jessica's Power, and before exploding, somehow part of him is inside Nathan's mind.

2. Peter having no memory - His memories are inside of Nathan.

3. Peter wearing the S necklace when he was found in the box... The same S that was on the picture of Mrs. Petrellis and Mr. Sulu, before they were attacked & killed.

4. Mrs. Petrelli being attacked by an unseen assailant in a sealed police interrogation room. The assailant vanished when Parkman broke the mirror...

Based on these things - I'm thinking that  -  somehow  -  the killer of both Sulu and attempted killer of Mrs. Petrell was in fact Peter.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2007, 09:45:26 PM »

Not a bad theory.

LD

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2007, 11:06:06 PM »

Considering Peter has been rocking it with the Irish and doesn't remember who his mother is at all, I don't really see how that is possible.

And the kanji S or whatever has been a recurring theme throughout the entire series, somehow all of the heroes have it somewhere.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2007, 12:18:45 AM »

Quote from: SkyLander on October 04, 2007, 11:06:06 PM

Considering Peter has been rocking it with the Irish and doesn't remember who his mother is at all, I don't really see how that is possible.

And the kanji S or whatever has been a recurring theme throughout the entire series, somehow all of the heroes have it somewhere.

Didn't notice the kanji S before this season, to be honest.  (Except on the sword)

As far as Peter rocking it with the irish, I'm referring to how he's split into two individuals (theory), one being a part of the mirror and inside of Nathan. And I could understand wanting to wipe out the old generation, because they tried to guide things so that he would get himself killed. Although I don't think that puts Peter into a position where he wants to kill his own mother. That's the big problem I have with my theory.

It is a really off the wall theory, and pretty wild. I can't wait to see how things play out!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2007, 11:14:42 AM »

Do we know what Kristin Bell's role is yet?  Could she be the killer?

LD

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »

one of the upcoming November Sweeps episodes is called 'Four Months Ago', so I figure we'll be filled in soon enough.

Because I can,
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2007, 02:48:21 PM »

Very Good.  TY

LD

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »

no prob.

the whole 'was it Peter in the mirror?' thing has already been debunked by one of the people working on the show.  from the episodes directors blog:

Nathan, who was so in control and determined as a political candidate last year, has seemingly lost it all and has no goals. He drinks alone in a bar and is haunted by a disfigured version of himself. Who is this vision and what is the symbolism behind his horrible disfigurement?

as for the 'box', it seems to be a pretty fancy box to put something like an ID in, there's got to be something more to it.

and didn't we see Sylar sitting on a beach somewhere already?

Because I can,
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2007, 03:44:29 PM »

The show has left alot of things out. I can understand why but it kind of irritates me at the same time.

What happened to Nathan's family and kids for instance? Didn't Linderman heal Nathan's wife so she can walk? Why did that lead to their divorce? I appreciate they want to have back story to fill in in future episodes but this stuff just rubbed me the wrong way.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on October 05, 2007, 03:44:29 PM

What happened to Nathan's family and kids for instance? Didn't Linderman heal Nathan's wife so she can walk? Why did that lead to their divorce? I appreciate they want to have back story to fill in in future episodes but this stuff just rubbed me the wrong way.

The reality:  Personal relationships were seen as dragging some characters down.  The show has enough regular characters to deal with without being worried about giving face time to some of supporting relationships.  So they jettison Nathan and Parkman's families in between seasons.  Also means not having to constantly deal with guest star scheduling- I expect that we would have seen Nathan's wife a lot more last season if Rena Sofer also didn't have a recurring role on 24 at the same time. 

The fiction:  Nathan probably became an insufferable ass after Peter's "death" and alienated his family. 
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2007, 04:03:56 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey
The reality:  Personal relationships were seen as dragging some characters down.  The show has enough regular characters to deal with without being worried about giving face time to some of supporting relationships.  So they jettison Nathan and Parkman's families in between seasons.

I can understand that, but this means that within the fiction of Heroes, Matt Parkman's wife divorced him while he was trying to recover from multiple bullet wounds to the chest *and* she was pregnant with his unborn child.  The timing of that breakup would be hard to fathom under almost any circumstances, and when you consider what we saw of her character and their marriage in Season 1, it seems even more bizarre.

Murder, disappearance, pregnancy complications from carrying a super-powered fetus -- there are all sorts of ways they could have written her character out of the show and provided for more interesting plot points than the current "When I woke up in the ICU, there were divorce papers next to my bed" story.  Tongue

-Autistic Angel
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »

I don't know- I'm pretty happy with how they ditched Parkman's wife.  The other stuff might make more sense but almost all of those automatically induce huge amounts of baggage that I would prefer to not have to deal with.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2007, 04:20:47 PM »

well Parkmans relationship was pretty strained as it was, and apparently he's decided to stay in New York to work with Suresh and his wife may not have wanted to move (I don't think they were living in NYC during the first season but I could be wrong), so there's alot of factors that could have snowballed into a divorce.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »

Also, I think Parkman being able to read her mind has to be a pretty major issue.  Even if he promises not to, there's no way for her to know if he is or isn't.  Adding to that her own infidelity and I don't think there was a lot of trust between them. 
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2007, 07:50:57 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 05, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Also, I think Parkman being able to read her mind has to be a pretty major issue.  Even if he promises not to, there's no way for her to know if he is or isn't.  Adding to that her own infidelity and I don't think there was a lot of trust between them. 

I guess this makes sense but its just too "neat" to be believable for me. Part of the thing I liked about season 1 was that things weren't always neat and all these people had super powers but still had plenty of real world complications in life to deal with. When you jettison all that stuff you make them seem like cardboard cut outs you can just take out of one scene and drop into another. I'm liking the show but the continuity of season 1 to season 2 has been a bit jarring for me.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2007, 03:28:02 PM »

Tonight is Episode 3.

KINDRED

LD

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2007, 03:42:48 PM »

yowza!  she definitely looks hotter there than on TV (even Hi-Def!)!

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2007, 07:45:58 PM »

We now know that Claire can grow a new pinky toe.  The real question is: does the amputated pinky toe grow a new Claire?

-Autistic Angel
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2007, 10:39:40 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on October 08, 2007, 07:45:58 PM

We now know that Claire can grow a new pinky toe.  The real question is: does the amputated pinky toe grow a new Claire?

-Autistic Angel

Me and my gf bet that Mr. Muggles had a tasty snack but the sensors probably wouldnt let that be shown.

Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2007, 10:40:40 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 08, 2007, 03:28:02 PM

Tonight is Episode 3.

KINDRED

Lockdown, this young woman is super hot. Man, am I glad they added her to the cast.

WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2007, 11:14:51 PM »

Quote from: Scoop20906 on October 08, 2007, 10:40:40 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on October 08, 2007, 03:28:02 PM

Tonight is Episode 3.

KINDRED

Lockdown, this young woman is super hot. Man, am I glad they added her to the cast.

You could just never get her alone without her brother hanging around...could he like sit outside a soundproofed room with headphones on or something whilst I showed her just how gorgeous she was?  I really wouldn't want to die from Venom X-Files oil a weird nerve agent.

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »

Thoughts on Episode 3?

I thought it was alright.  They are covering quite a few story arcs at once, which at first I loved but lately is becoming a bit... I don't know the right word.

I find myself getting pissed everytime they leave the Peter storyline.  "NO!  Not more Claire-bear... back to the Petrelli's please!" 

One thing is for sure... he and Sylar are still on a crash course.  Holy Moly is Peter becoming a God amongst Men, or what!?!?!

LD

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2007, 01:34:34 PM »

Peter isn't turning into a good god though. I think he's got the... SPACE .. MADNESS!!!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2007, 01:51:51 PM »

I was disappointed that they couldn't bring back Missy Peregrym for one last appearance as Candice.  If they absolutely *had* to find a substitute actress for one of the characters I guess the resident illusionist makes the most sense, but it still would have been nice to see her exit the series the same way she entered it.

I'm still curious why, when Candice was knocked unconscious by Nikki at the end of last season, she reverted to her slender appearance rather than her real one.

Finally, I had a big problem at the end of Season 1 when Sylar, will full foreknowledge that Hiro was going to try to stab him with a samurai sword, basically stood still and allowed it to happen.  Some people theorized that he deliberately *allowed* himself to be stabbed so he could fulfill the prophecy in Issac's comic book on his own terms, but if so, I think this episode proves that such a plan was a pretty bad idea.  If Sylar could stop and reflect the bullets Matt Parkman fired at his back, I still think he should have been able to toss Hiro around like a rag doll before he got within twenty feet.

Quibbles aside, though, I'm really enjoying this new season!  nod

-Autistic Angel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: