http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 09:07:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [FX] Justified  (Read 8600 times)
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »

Bad news.  So far FX has shown no plans to stream Justified either on their site or Hulu. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on February 11, 2011, 03:32:05 PM

Bad news.  So far FX has shown no plans to stream Justified either on their site or Hulu. 

What?!! They streamed it on Hulu last year!!!  crybaby
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2011, 03:49:14 PM »

is it on hulu plus?  if they moved it to their subscription side, i can see why they would drop it.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »

Wait a week.  Last season, only the first three episodes were on Hulu when it started.  After that, you could only see them on FX 8 days after the initial air date.  After that, when the season ended, they started appearing on Hulu and were there for a limited time.  So... I will take the wait and see approach.

TNT is doing the same thing with Southland.  Each new episode isn't streamed until 8 days after it originally airs.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »

Quote from: theohall on February 11, 2011, 04:10:44 PM

Wait a week.  Last season, only the first three episodes were on Hulu when it started.  After that, you could only see them on FX 8 days after the initial air date.  After that, when the season ended, they started appearing on Hulu and were there for a limited time.  So... I will take the wait and see approach.

TNT is doing the same thing with Southland.  Each new episode isn't streamed until 8 days after it originally airs.

FOX is doing it with their regular shows too; you have to wait 8 days to see the latest episodes online, which sucks if your DVR decides to forget it's recording a show that it's eben recording for a couple of seasons.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 07:45:02 PM »

the delay doesn't really bother me, since I'm already time-shifting via the internet anyway.   Having to wake up at 4:30 am Mon-Thu doesn't make watching shows which start at 10pm very convenient.
WalkingFumble

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 09:22:43 PM »

On episode 7 of season 1...its pretty good so far.  I should be up to speed by the end of next week.

XBL: I3L00DFUMBLE  -  132,578     |     PSN: WalkingFumble     |     Nintendo Revolution:  1440 9434 2198 4442
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2011, 01:26:44 AM »

damn, that's one messed up mama.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2011, 04:15:12 AM »

Yay  season 2 episode 1 is finally up on FX  ( probably hulu as well )  Just watched it,  interesting episode.  It was basically a wrap up/ set up episode.  Glad to see that Boyd is gonna be around,  Walter Goggins is just too good in that role.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »

reviews for tonight's episode are coming in and it sounds like it's basically an hour's worth of Raylan kicking ass.  summary which got me excited for this episode:  someone manhandles winona during a robbery, raylan sees it, raylan gets pissed.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2011, 02:59:19 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 16, 2011, 02:54:32 PM

reviews for tonight's episode are coming in and it sounds like it's basically an hour's worth of Raylan kicking ass.  summary which got me excited for this episode:  someone manhandles winona during a robbery, raylan sees it, raylan gets pissed.

icon_lol

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2011, 03:02:13 PM »

Raylan kicked some ass last week too:

Spoiler for Hiden:
while getting hit with a stun gun he manages to shoot the attacker (OK, maybe more clip him) and then swing the stun gun around so it makes contact with said attackers nuts before falling over.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2011, 03:03:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 16, 2011, 03:02:13 PM

Raylan kicked some ass last week too:

Spoiler for Hiden:
while getting hit with a stun gun he manages to shoot the attacker (OK, maybe more clip him) and then swing the stun gun around so it makes contact with said attackers nuts before falling over.

best line?

"Now it's at 30 percent."

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2011, 06:54:18 PM »

I thought this week's episode was the weakest of the season. But overall the season has been great so there isn't much to complain about. I did like the way he handled the two dumb-ass bank robbers. "You know where I'm from? Harlan County (Punch)"

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »

I was expectin' more action, dagnabit!   icon_cry

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 18, 2011, 07:05:00 PM

I was expectin' more action, dagnabit!   icon_cry

Me too...

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2011, 12:32:02 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on March 18, 2011, 06:54:18 PM

I thought this week's episode was the weakest of the season. But overall the season has been great so there isn't much to complain about. I did like the way he handled the two dumb-ass bank robbers. "You know where I'm from? Harlan County (Punch)"

yeah, it was definitely felt like a throw away episode.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2011, 02:04:30 AM »

Season 3 confirmed:

FX'S CRITICALLY ACLLAIMED HIT DRAMA JUSTIFIED GETS PICK UP

Network Orders 13 Episodes for Third Season from FX Productions and Sony Pictures Television

Six All New Episodes Remain in Season One, Wednesdays at 10 PM ET/PT With Season 1 Finale Airing June 8

Season Two (First-Run) Averaging 3.9 Million Total Viewers and 2.0 Million Adults 18-49 Marking Gains of +16% in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 vs. Season One Average

With Multi-Run Weekly Average of 7.2 Million Total Viewers and 3.7 Million Adults 18-49

LOS ANGELES, March 29, 2011 - The FX drama series Justified is enjoying one of the most critically acclaimed seasons of any show on television this year and today the network has ordered another season of the hit series, picking up a 13-episode third season, announced John Landgraf, President and General Manager of FX Networks. Six all new episodes remain in season two, airing Wednesdays at 10 PM ET/PT, with the second season finale airing May 4.

"Justified was a critically acclaimed hit series in its first season, but the show has far surpassed our expectations this season," said Landgraf. "Creatively, the show is on a roll. The performances of Timothy Olyphant, Walton Goggins, Margo Martindale and the entire cast are extraordinary. Graham Yost and his team of writers are delivering some of the richest stories anywhere on TV and are doing a brilliant job of being true to Elmore Leonard's original character, Raylan Givens. We couldn't be more proud of the work everyone has done."

Developed for television by Graham Yost and starring Timothy Olyphant, Justified (TV-MA) is based on the popular Elmore Leonard character "Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens" from his short story Fire in the Hole and some of his other novels.

Yost said, "I always say that the best review we've ever received on Justified is the fact that Elmore Leonard gets a kick out of the show. I must add to that. Now tied for the best feedback we've ever received is the news that a network as cool and original and supportive as FX is bringing us back for another year."

"The show's appeal speaks volumes to Graham's fresh approach to storytelling," said Jamie Erlicht, president of programming and production, Sony Pictures Television.

"The stellar performances by Timothy, Walton and the entire cast are Emmy caliber and we couldn't be prouder of this series" added Zack Van Amburg, president of programming and production, Sony Pictures Television.

SOURCE: The Nielsen Company, NHI (Live+7)

Through seven weeks, first-run episodes of Justified are averaging 3.9 million viewers (+15% vs. season 1) and 2.0 million Adults 18-49 (+18% vs. season 1). The weekly multi-run average viewership for the season 2 is 7.2 million total viewers and 3.7 million Adults 18-49, respective gains of +6% in Total Viewers and +6% in Adults 18-49.

The series co-stars Walton Goggins guest stars as "Boyd Crowder," Nick Searcy as Givens longtime friend and boss "Chief Deputy Art Mullen," Jacob Pitts as "Deputy Marshal Tim Gutterson," Erica Tazel as "Deputy Marshal Rachel Brooks," Joelle Carter as "Ava Crowder," and Natalie Zea as Raylan's ex-wife "Winona Hawkins." This season Margo Martindale joined the cast in a supporting role as "Mags Bennett," matriarch of a rural Kentucky crime family and nemesis of Raylan Givens.

Yost wrote the pilot and serves as Executive Producer/Writer on the series. Leonard is an Executive Producer on the series along with Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Michael Dinner, and Olyphant is Producer. Justified is produced by FX Productions and Sony Pictures Television.

FX is the flagship general entertainment basic cable network from Fox. Launched in June of 1994, FX is carried in more than 99 million homes. The diverse schedule includes a growing roster of critically acclaimed and award-winning original series, an established film library of acquired box-office hit movies, and an impressive lineup of acquired hit series.

I'm not sure what the 'Six All New Episodes Remain in Season One, Wednesdays at 10 PM ET/PT With Season 1 Finale Airing June 8' means, maybe they got their PR mixed up.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »

finally got around to watching the episode before last weeks episode, and it feels like the season is starting to drag a bit.  haven't caught last week's though, so maybe it picks up a bit.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 04, 2011, 04:19:12 PM

finally got around to watching the episode before last weeks episode, and it feels like the season is starting to drag a bit.  haven't caught last week's though, so maybe it picks up a bit.

oh...it does....it does.

Mags is the best villain yet on this show.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2011, 02:36:33 PM »

now THAT was a good episode.  mags = win still.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 07, 2011, 02:36:33 PM

now THAT was a good episode.  mags = win still.

That episode was fucking great. I really loved when Mags was begging Raylin to see the girl and her face ever so slightly shifts from one of concern and grief to one of anger when he wont let her. This show has awesome writing and acting.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »

She deserves an emmy for her work on Justified.  I know she's one of those character actors you see in numerous shows in bit roles, but she's really made Mags her own.  It's difficult to make a character both sweet and motherly, then ruthless and violent in the same hour.

next week, the sh$t hits the fan, I'm sure. 

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2011, 12:01:09 AM »

Yeah, Boyd is BACK!!!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2011, 03:12:11 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 15, 2011, 12:01:09 AM

Yeah, Boyd is BACK!!!

True enough, but overall this episode was a filler to set up the last part of the season. Should be good.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »

This new Boyd is a fantastic combo of his old self and his born again self.  I'm REALLY looking forward to finding out just how far he'll go in his pursuit of power.  Is he going to be a ruthless crime boss?  Or is he going to be a gentleman outlaw with some oddly out of place moral center? 

I do wish they'd tame his friggin' hair.  It's about 2 feet high now and makes him look like he's an inmate at an insane asylum.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2011, 04:14:16 AM »

hoo doggy, someone just done made a mistake.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2011, 02:58:30 AM »

no comments on the season finale?

Spoiler for Hiden:
bye bye Mags.  and I swear, Dickie has nine lives.

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 10, 2011, 02:58:30 AM

no comments on the season finale?

Spoiler for Hiden:
bye bye Mags.  and I swear, Dickie has nine lives.

I thought it was awesome, especially when Doyle started stalking about his bullets having Raylon's name on them.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I was also really hoping Dickie would get taken out, the guy who plays him is really annoying, if you watched Lost at all then you should be sick of him by now too.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on May 11, 2011, 03:55:45 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I was also really hoping Dickie would get taken out, the guy who plays him is really annoying, if you watched Lost at all then you should be sick of him by now too.

au contraire, i think jeremy davies is a fantastic character actor.  i think he's been typecast into the role of the quirky eccentric, but he's so dang good at it that if you want a quirky eccentric for you show/movie, he's the man you get.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 11, 2011, 04:57:47 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

au contraire, i think jeremy davies is a fantastic character actor.  i think he's been typecast into the role of the quirky eccentric, but he's so dang good at it that if you want a quirky eccentric for you show/movie, he's the man you get.

I think he's great if you want someone who looks like they're tweaking out on LSD in every scene that they're in. I don't think it's possible for him to act and stand still at the same time.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on May 11, 2011, 06:00:44 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

au contraire, i think jeremy davies is a fantastic character actor.  i think he's been typecast into the role of the quirky eccentric, but he's so dang good at it that if you want a quirky eccentric for you show/movie, he's the man you get.

I think he's great if you want someone who looks like they're tweaking out on LSD in every scene that they're in. I don't think it's possible for him to act and stand still at the same time.

He's a drug dealing pothead in Justified, so I'm not sure I see how his animated performance was detrimental to the character.   icon_wink

But in any case, if you watch his performances, he isn't jumpy and overly animated.  He has some peculiar gestures he uses when addressing people, but they're not so odd as to be unbelievable...at least in my opinion.  I've seen far, far worse in real life.  

He also has a really unique voice that i find oddly compelling whenever he speaks. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 11, 2011, 06:44:39 PM

Quote from: Scraper on May 11, 2011, 06:00:44 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

au contraire, i think jeremy davies is a fantastic character actor.  i think he's been typecast into the role of the quirky eccentric, but he's so dang good at it that if you want a quirky eccentric for you show/movie, he's the man you get.

He's a drug dealing pothead in Justified, so I'm not sure I see how his animated performance was detrimental to the character.   icon_wink

But in any case, if you watch his performances, he isn't jumpy and overly animated.  He has some peculiar gestures he uses when addressing people, but they're not so odd as to be unbelievable...at least in my opinion.  I've seen far, far worse in real life.  

He also has a really unique voice that i find oddly compelling whenever he speaks. 

I just chalked up all of his oddities and quirks to inbreeding.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2011, 09:30:01 PM »

Had a Best Buy coupon I needed to burn off so I picked up the Season 1 DVD. Hopefully I'll "get into it" now. I mentioned I just hadn't quite been able to get into the show in the course of casual channel surfing. I've watched the various featurettes, and I think it might help me get a better handle on the show's themes.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2011, 02:04:54 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 13, 2011, 09:30:01 PM

Had a Best Buy coupon I needed to burn off so I picked up the Season 1 DVD. Hopefully I'll "get into it" now. I mentioned I just hadn't quite been able to get into the show in the course of casual channel surfing. I've watched the various featurettes, and I think it might help me get a better handle on the show's themes.

The show is fairly authentic to the Eastern Kentucky culture. It's the little things that they get right. For instance you can spot local brands in scenes, Ale-8-One (A local soft drink) being my favorite. They also nailed the fact that hillbillies like to brew and drink "Apple Pie", only everyone I know that makes the stuff doesn't use a still, they actually make it in vats since it is essentially Brandi.

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »

Just watched the season 2 finale on Hulu (they did eventually put up the episodes. 2 at a time and one month after). What a terrific season! The tension.. the buildup.. the three-way faction warfare between Raylan, Boyd Crowder and the Bennett clan. The last three episodes were particularly fantastic. And the finale was just tragic and dramatic. Bravo, FX! Third season, please! I need to find out if, ahem don't want to spoil it, makes it out alive.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2011, 10:15:58 PM »

I know a friend who makes "apple pie" every spring.  This year, I missed out.  frown  And that stuff is awesome.  And it tastes exactly like a mouthful o warm apple pie.  Good stuff.

Interesting ending.  Didn't expect to see the folks died who died nor the idiot to survive.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2011, 11:28:04 PM »

Another great season of Justified.  Just finished it myself.  Im not sure how things are gonna play out with Dickie but without his kin to watch his back there is no place safe for him now.  Mags was a great villian and the character actress who played her was fantastic!  Such an interesting dichotomy running through her motivations.  As warped as she was she had a sense of honor.  Now her son Dickie has no sense at all.  
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:50:43 AM by rshetts2 » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »

new teaser for season 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wp0POkOLb-I

another one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=iAAZXNERhzU

and yet another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=qjtUFshaclE

one more! http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Atv5BZSC_zU

and this one looks ominous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=v9B3xtFg8uk
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:44:33 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2012, 12:28:35 AM »

tomorrow season 3 STARTS!!!!!! 

Because I can,
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: