http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 03:24:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Film] Fantastic Four Reboot  (Read 228 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2014, 08:44:19 PM »

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/fantastic-four-reboot-will-be-nothing-like-the-originals/333084

Does FF really need a reboot?  I really liked the original cast, I would have been happier with a sequel.  The new cast is a bit odd for me, even though I like some of the young talent they chose. 

...and also, I didn't realize Matthew Vaughn is so handsome!  He should just cast himself.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 03, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/fantastic-four-reboot-will-be-nothing-like-the-originals/333084

Does FF really need a reboot?  I really liked the original cast, I would have been happier with a sequel.  The new cast is a bit odd for me, even though I like some of the young talent they chose. 

...and also, I didn't realize Matthew Vaughn is so handsome!  He should just cast himself.

Eh, Alba was a complete miscast and Richards wasn't great either.  Evans has moved on to Captain America no way he'd ever be back.   I was never fond of those films.   The new casting doesn't fill me with much hope for this version either though.

Really would be best if this and X-men/Spider-Man reverted back to Marvel.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:09:23 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »

This reboot is being done by Marvel itself, and not the same studio that did the previous. So it will be part of the new marvel movie canon. The style of the marvel movies is definitely different.
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »

It's actually the same studio that did the others.  If they don't make this movie the rights go back to Marvel ( or Disney now I guess...).   From what I read a while back they are working more closely with some Marvel writers so hopefully that'll bring the quality up.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on March 03, 2014, 09:06:56 PM

Really would be best if this and X-men/Spider-Man reverted back to Marvel.

this is the best outcome for FF and arguably, Spider Man.  while I'd love as much as anyone an X-Men/Avengers movie, I enjoyed the first class and want to see Days of Future Past. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 12:29:20 AM »

That's odd, I heard the FF rights went back to Marvel as part of a larger deal that nabbed a few other key names.
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 12:56:59 AM »

It's a freaking convoluted mess lol.   This article from Dec seems to explain it:
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/12/25/marvel-movie-rights-and-why-we-cant-have-nice-thin/

Daredevil and a few others(ghost rider) recently went back to marvel.  I know a year or so ago they were in talks to try and keep daredevil and in exchange give fantastic four back, but that apparently didn't happen.

In any event I think even the side studios are recognizing that if you treat the properties right and make a good movie you'll make some cash. The last X-Men was awesome.  I enjoyed the latest Wolverine and Spiderman as well.  Hopefully this one will be good too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: