http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 04:06:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CBS]Elementary  (Read 2331 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 03:25:24 AM »

just saw last weeks episode.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder if F. Murray Abraham is actually Moriarty.  I wouldn't put it beyond him to orchestrate another party sending texts and making phone calls while he was 'in custody' to get close to Sherlock.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 08, 2013, 03:25:24 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder if F. Murray Abraham is actually Moriarty.  I wouldn't put it beyond him to orchestrate another party sending texts and making phone calls while he was 'in custody' to get close to Sherlock.

last nights episode for me

I was hoping he was going to be,I like FMA
Spoiler for Hiden:
he could have another lacky sending texts for him

I hope that is not the end of Vinnie Jones,i know Gregson said that Docs said they don't think he will last the night,but still want to see him again

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 08, 2013, 10:07:00 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 08, 2013, 03:25:24 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder if F. Murray Abraham is actually Moriarty.  I wouldn't put it beyond him to orchestrate another party sending texts and making phone calls while he was 'in custody' to get close to Sherlock.

last nights episode for me

I was hoping he was going to be,I like FMA
Spoiler for Hiden:
he could have another lacky sending texts for him

I hope that is not the end of Vinnie Jones,i know Gregson said that Docs said they don't think he will last the night,but still want to see him again

Spoiler for Hiden:
If it's not F. Murray Abraham, then they just wasted F. Murray Abraham.  However, this sort of misdirect has actually been happening on shows lately, so who knows for sure.

I will say that a big, big clue was watching Sherlock get out of the same straight jacket at the beginning of the episode that he later used to restrain FMA.  That just seemed like sloppy writing to me.  Disappointing in an otherwise strong episode.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2013, 09:49:49 PM »

interesting twist in the final two episodes, but I have to wonder:

Spoiler for Hiden:
was Irene really Moriarty, or did she get brainwashed by the CIA guy to believe she was Moriarty?

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2013, 04:38:15 AM »

About the season finale:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I do think that's an angle they can take if they need to have Moriarty be an issue again. I think they'll have it stick though, they have built it up too well and really established it well. It's also something that really helps differentiate Elementary from all the other presentations of Sherlock, and is actually an interesting explanation for why Moriarty doesn't just kill Holmes, not just professional curiosity, but also love.

I do think they'll spend the entire 2nd or 3rd season with her in prison, still pulling some strings. This way, that actress can bounce between her GoT filming and pulling guest roles on this show. Much like Elias in Person of Interest, she'll bounce between being a help, and a hindrance, culminating in a big escape plot.

I'm at a loss for what they'll throw at Holmes next though. The basic procedural part of the show will still work, but it's not going to carry the show unless they have an overall plot. I haven't read the books, but can I assume there's some other big villain types or conspiracies that they can pull from the books?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2013, 03:36:02 AM »

Finally got around to watching the finale.  Wow, that was good.

I kind of agree with Turtle, though, there's a fear that they've shot their wad and can't really go up from here.

OTOH, they've continued to impress me and have surprised me just when I think they're being predictable.

As to your question, Turtle:

Spoiler for Hiden:
The only character with even close to the impact that Moriarty has is Irene herself, and she was only in one story.

They could bring Lestrade across the pond, but he's not a villain.

They might start echoing the stories more (like Hound of the Baskervilles) but that hasn't been their MO and too similar to Sherlock.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 02:22:24 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 20, 2013, 03:36:02 AM

I kind of agree with Turtle, though, there's a fear that they've shot their wad and can't really go up from here.

OTOH, they've continued to impress me and have surprised me just when I think they're being predictable.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The only character with even close to the impact that Moriarty has is Irene herself, and she was only in one story.

They might start echoing the stories more (like Hound of the Baskervilles) but that hasn't been their MO and too similar to Sherlock.

Spoiler for Hiden:
since they already turned Irene into a villain it wouldn't be a stretch to do the same with Lestrade, but that'd be predictable now.  I forget, has Mycroft shown up yet?

still, here's an idea of what to expect in season 2.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 03:53:17 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 22, 2013, 02:22:24 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
since they already turned Irene into a villain it wouldn't be a stretch to do the same with Lestrade, but that'd be predictable now.  I forget, has Mycroft shown up yet?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Irene was already a villain in the original story.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 04:26:30 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 22, 2013, 03:53:17 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't remember her being very villainous.  it's been awhile (note to self: break out the Kindle and read the stories again) but IIRC she outwits Holmes, who is trying to take something from her at the behest of a lord or king.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 22, 2013, 04:26:30 AM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 22, 2013, 03:53:17 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't remember her being very villainous.  it's been awhile (note to self: break out the Kindle and read the stories again) but IIRC she outwits Holmes, who is trying to take something from her at the behest of a lord or king.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Well, she was a prostitute* with a heart of gold, though I always wondered how much of a put-on that heart of gold was.  She seemed a bit of a con artist to me as well.  She was also potentially a blackmailer (the item Holmes is attempting to take is a photo of the King and Irene), though she claims her intentions were for her own protection at the end of the story.

*I never got that she was a prostitute, originally.  Apparently, Doyle used a common euphemism of the time that is generally lost on us now.  It turns out the modern Sherlock story is pretty dead-on in its portrayal.  I would call her a villain.  Sure, a complicated one, and certainly not Moriarty.  I guess I'd equate her with Catwoman.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2013, 09:32:36 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on May 18, 2013, 04:38:15 AM

About the season finale:

Spoiler for Hiden:

I'm at a loss for what they'll throw at Holmes next though. The basic procedural part of the show will still work, but it's not going to carry the show unless they have an overall plot. I haven't read the books, but can I assume there's some other big villain types or conspiracies that they can pull from the books?

Spoiler for Hiden:
not really no,LOL

out of the 60 Sherlock Holmes adventures Moriarty appears in two of them,the second and last appearance is less than half way through the Holmes timeline

Moriarty is kind of one of those urban myths that when you think of Holmes' enemy -you immediately think of Moriarty,but that's only because he featured once more than every other bad guy

as for will it still work without an overall plot...well i was enjoying these episodes before that M plotline came along

about the last episode
Spoiler for Hiden:
It was a good episode,but pretty obvious when Moriarty stepped into Sherlock's hospital room what was going to happen/had happened(the faked overdose to catch her)

I am still unsure whether i like Irene as Moriarty,and she doesn't seem threatening at all either..whereas other portrays of Moriarty they seem to get the criminal mastermind and 'i can be anywhere' down pretty good

still i have enjoyed all the season and looking forward to season 2

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »

Den of Geek

The role of Mycroft Holmes in Elementary has gone to Mr Nice and The Amazing Spider-Man actor, Rhys Ifans...

Elementary, it has to be said, was the surprise of last autumn's new additions to the TV schedule. Far from the car crash Sherlock imitation many were expecting, it started well-enough and steadily grew into a show with wit, intrigue, and at the heart of it, a consistently strong performance from Jonny Lee Miller that elevated it above your standard police procedurals. You can read more on how it silenced the critics, here.

Elementary's taste in British supporting actors, has so far been second to none (okay, well, second to Game of Thrones, but that's a given). First there was a brief appearance from Roger Rees, then John Hannah showed up, and Natalie Dormer arrived to close the first season. Even Vinnie Jones brought a certain something to his recurring role as an Arsenal-loving psychopath. Now it's announced that Welsh actor Rhys Ifans is joining Miller for season two, in the role of Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock's older brother.

Ifans, Miller, and Lucy Liu are to film the season two opener, due to air on NBC on Thursday the 26th of September, on location in London. Sherlock is called back home to revisit an old case, and forced to stay with his brother, with whom he had fallen out years before. Oh, and Mycroft Holmes' address? 221B Baker Street...

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »

Yeah, that works.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2013, 05:06:39 PM »

The show got changed to NBC? Uh oh, soon to be canceled if that's the case.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2013, 07:16:10 PM »

No, that's just a typo.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 27, 2013, 03:06:46 PM

Yeah, that works.

This.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: