http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 04:17:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBC]Sherlock  (Read 11923 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 01:44:28 AM »

I just watched the first episode shown on PBS, and wow, that was pretty damned good  thumbsup

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 01, 2010, 01:44:28 AM

I just watched the first episode shown on PBS, and wow, that was pretty damned good  thumbsup

Same here, DVR'ed the first two episodes, and finally got around to watching the first one last night.  I thought it was super, so maybe the less-well-done second episode won't piss me off too much, being forwarned.

Re: BBC - thank all the gods for PBS and the Masterpiece Mystery presentations, since we no longer have BBC America.  It was left off the channel list when we upgraded our service... probably not a good sign, lol.  We rarely watched anything on it that didn't also appear on PBS anyway;  all I could usually find while flipping on (past) BBCA was gardening shows.  Now, the infamous English garden is certainly worth sharing, but not all day long, pulleeeze.

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 04:21:43 AM »

I just finished the third (and last) episode tonight.  Mostly good, but I have to say
Spoiler for Hiden:
I hate hate hate Moriarty.  I didn't mind the attitude, but that Buffulo-Bill-meets-a-bad-gay-stereotype-from-the-70s voice was just awful.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 12:29:53 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 08, 2010, 04:21:43 AM

I just finished the third (and last) episode tonight.  Mostly good, but I have to say
Spoiler for Hiden:
I hate hate hate Moriarty.  I didn't mind the attitude, but that Buffulo-Bill-meets-a-bad-gay-stereotype-from-the-70s voice was just awful.

Spoiler for Hiden:
yeah i wasn't keen on him either i am hoping that he is another Patsy/scapegoat of Moriarty and not him himself

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2010, 09:59:07 PM »

I finally watched the third installment and I was surprised by what you both said in Spoilers, because:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I read "Moriarty" as "Watson" and that didn't seem to make sense...   saywhat  Once i realized who you actually meant, it got why you said it.  It didn't annoy me during the show though, probably because I was still getting used to Watson being a blogger.  Maybe Alan Cumming should have played Moriarty, instead of introducing the episodes; I'm sure he would've put a very fine point on the essence of evil.

I didn't understand one thing about the series:

Spoiler for Hiden:
If it was supposed to be only 3 episodes, originally - why did the third one end on such a cliff-hanger note?  For dramatic emphasis?  Just keeping their options open?  All I know is that I didn't notice the time go by and was surprised when it ended, thinking they'd do a little more of a general wrap-up scene.

Whatever, if the next series is at least as good as this one, it will be on my DVR, without a doubt.

nod

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 11:25:47 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on November 09, 2010, 09:59:07 PM

I finally watched the third installment and I was surprised by what you both said in Spoilers, because:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I read "Moriarty" as "Watson" and that didn't seem to make sense...   saywhat  Once i realized who you actually meant, it got why you said it.  It didn't annoy me during the show though, probably because I was still getting used to Watson being a blogger.  Maybe Alan Cumming should have played Moriarty, instead of introducing the episodes; I'm sure he would've put a very fine point on the essence of evil.

I didn't understand one thing about the series:

Spoiler for Hiden:
If it was supposed to be only 3 episodes, originally - why did the third one end on such a cliff-hanger note?  For dramatic emphasis?  Just keeping their options open?  All I know is that I didn't notice the time go by and was surprised when it ended, thinking they'd do a little more of a general wrap-up scene.

Whatever, if the next series is at least as good as this one, it will be on my DVR, without a doubt.

nod

Spoiler for Hiden:
Moriarty didn't really appear until the end, though he was built-up throughout which made the annoying performance even worse, IMO.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 03:48:37 AM »

Aha, Bully - now that you point that out I really, really get it.  You know, about errr... the character in question.

Spoiler for Hiden:
This is fun, speaking only in Spoilerese and hintage! Everyone will have to watch now, or they won't be allowed into our secret club,  lol.

icon_biggrin

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 04:20:17 AM »

Quote from: mytocles on November 10, 2010, 03:48:37 AM

Aha, Bully - now that you point that out I really, really get it.  You know, about errr... the character in question.

Spoiler for Hiden:
This is fun, speaking only in Spoilerese and hintage! Everyone will have to watch now, or they won't be allowed into our secret club,  lol.

icon_biggrin

Spoiler for Hiden:
ooh ooh secret club..i want in!!

The second series of three 90-minute episodes is scheduled to be first broadcast in the UK in Autumn 2011.

I dunno if i wanna wait a year for 3 f**king episodes each time

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 05:02:14 AM »

Especially since Freeman is off doing The Hobbit for what'll probably be years.

On the plus side, though, that'll make
Spoiler for Hiden:
the club
last longer.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 06:06:55 AM »

Bwa-ha-ha!

I can already see it:

Spoiler for Hiden:
the President of the  club should probably be Metal, since he started the topic.  Bully, you can be whatever you fancy (lookit me, talking all British): co-Prez, Vice Prez, Treasurer, Secretary, Prime Minister, Grand Poobah - just so long as I'm not left being the Secretary - that is oh-so old and somewhat sexist, sort of like being chosen last on the softball/ baseball/ football game.  Besides, if you count on me for keeping the Minutes, well, there won't likely be any - that you don't remind me of.

Spoiler for Hiden:
icon_twisted

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2010, 10:32:51 PM »

I'll be a contrarian. I thought the performance of *spoiler* was awesome.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2010, 05:10:33 AM »

OK I found the ringtone on the cell phone in the third episode annoying.  maybe it's just because it's the same sound I use for the alarm clock on my iphone.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2010, 05:51:19 AM »

just finished said third episode.

Spoiler for Hiden:
WTF?  CLIFFHANGER?  crybaby

ps.  did anyone else noticed the random red letters in the credits?

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2010, 05:53:06 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 08, 2010, 12:29:53 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
yeah i wasn't keen on him either i am hoping that he is another Patsy/scapegoat of Moriarty and not him himself

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't care for him.

Because I can,
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2010, 07:12:13 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 14, 2010, 05:51:19 AM

just finished said third episode.

Spoiler for Hiden:
WTF?  CLIFFHANGER?  crybaby

ps.  did anyone else noticed the random red letters in the credits?

Pick me! Pick me!

I did notice the random red letters - and thought that they might not be random at all.  Unfortunately, I'm not Sherlock Holmes, so that was the end of that investigation.

How long is it that we have to wait for another "series" or episode?  This Sherlock is no Basil Rathbone or Jeremy Brett, but I'm still ready for more (guess you can't really get enough Sherlock Holmes if you're a fan.)

icon_razz

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »

the red letters in the credits is apparently something that USA's Masterpiece Mystery does.....in Poirot,they do the same thing and at one time apparently spell out AGATHA and they started with Foyles War

for Sherlock,the first episode apparently they spell out RACHEL which is what the Lady in Pink was trying to write on the floor

in the second episode they spell out IMAGINE..which was one of the book titles that Sherlock was looking through to decipher the code

and in the final episode they spell out PIPS...not sure if that means Pips from a fruit or Pips of a ringtone etc from a Mobile..however there is a Sherlock Holmes adventure called 'The Five Orange Pips',but i think i would have to watch the episode again

they are not the Original Credits that were shown in the UK,we didn't get the red letters,this is just a Mystery Masterpiece thing

whether the 3 words mean something together i don't know

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »

I've heard that series 2 of Sherlock should air in the UK in the autumn of next year.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2010, 03:36:58 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on November 14, 2010, 07:12:13 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 14, 2010, 05:51:19 AM

This Sherlock is no Basil Rathbone or Jeremy Brett, but I'm still ready for more (guess you can't really get enough Sherlock Holmes if you're a fan.)

Ok Ill give you Jeremy Brett, the best Sherlock ever, but the Basil Rathbone era completely ruined the image of Sherlock and Watson.  I seriously hope that this Sherlock is no Basil Rathbone!

I also hope that these end up on Netflix either on disc or thru streaming because I really wanted to see them but was unable to.  

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 14, 2010, 12:42:41 PM

the red letters in the credits is apparently something that USA's Masterpiece Mystery does.....in Poirot,they do the same thing and at one time apparently spell out AGATHA and they started with Foyles War

for Sherlock,the first episode apparently they spell out RACHEL which is what the Lady in Pink was trying to write on the floor

in the second episode they spell out IMAGINE..which was one of the book titles that Sherlock was looking through to decipher the code

and in the final episode they spell out PIPS...not sure if that means Pips from a fruit or Pips of a ringtone etc from a Mobile..however there is a Sherlock Holmes adventure called 'The Five Orange Pips',but i think i would have to watch the episode again

they are not the Original Credits that were shown in the UK,we didn't get the red letters,this is just a Mystery Masterpiece thing

whether the 3 words mean something together i don't know

The pips were a key clue in the episode.  I think they were referring to the beeps as they got each room picture on the phone or something.  For a key clue, it was a little hastily explained!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »

I can hardly remember the last episode to be honest Bull,I will have to get that DVD boxset...i say boxset,but 3 episodes.... icon_confused

Ok Ill give you Jeremy Brett, the best Sherlock ever, but the Basil Rathbone era completely ruined the image of Sherlock and Watson.  I seriously hope that this Sherlock is no Basil Rathbone!

I also hope that these end up on Netflix either on disc or thru streaming because I really wanted to see them but was unable to.  

i think Basil is the greatest...

Spoiler for Hiden:

....mouse detective that is..hee hee

seriously though,for me its Jeremy Brett,maybe because the episodes they did seemed more based from the original stories,or that they were filmed at Granada studios here in Manchester and as i am very fond of telling Myto many a time,that i took a tour of those studios and went down 'Baker Street' and into 221b icon_biggrin

another Holmes i am very fond of that i have said over and over on here,LOL
Spoiler for Hiden:

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »

Cool, Sherlock is available on dvd thru netflix.  Ill be able to check it out in about a week.  thumbsup

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2010, 05:08:22 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 14, 2010, 05:53:06 AM

I just finished the third (and last) episode tonight.  Mostly good, but I have to say
Spoiler for Hiden:
I hate hate hate Moriarty.  I didn't mind the attitude, but that Buffulo-Bill-meets-a-bad-gay-stereotype-from-the-70s voice was just awful.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Just finished the third episode myself and...

Spoiler for Hiden:
I hated the guy who played Moriarty...for the first 5 seconds.  Then I realized he was perfect.  We all expect the elderly, stately looking Moriarty.  Now we're getting a fresh take.  Brilliant, yet psychotic.  Over the top at times, but able to relish that maniacal aspect of himself without making it too much of a parody.  My hats off to the casting folks for this version of Sherlock.  I hope this Moriarty stays a constant through the series.  
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:10:21 AM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 28, 2010, 05:08:22 AM

I just finished the third (and last) episode tonight.  Mostly good, but I have to say
Spoiler for Hiden:
I hate hate hate Moriarty.  I didn't mind the attitude, but that Buffulo-Bill-meets-a-bad-gay-stereotype-from-the-70s voice was just awful.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I hated the guy who played Moriarty...for the first 5 seconds.  Then I realized he was perfect.  We all expect the elderly, stately looking Moriarty.  Now we're getting a fresh take.  Brilliant, yet psychotic.  Over the top at times, but able to relish that maniacal aspect of himself without making it too much of a parody.  My hats off to the casting folks for this version of Sherlock.  I hope this Moriarty stays a constant through the series.  

Spoiler for Hiden:
No problem with his age or look.  That seemed perfectly appropriate.  I like that he appeared earlier in the ep as a throwaway character.  I actually like the idea of this Moriarty quite a bit.  It's the performance I can't stand.  To quote you out of context: Over the top parody.  I found the voice ridiculous to the point that it tarnished anything else cool about the character.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2010, 04:38:56 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 28, 2010, 03:34:50 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
No problem with his age or look.  That seemed perfectly appropriate.  I like that he appeared earlier in the ep as a throwaway character.  I actually like the idea of this Moriarty quite a bit.  It's the performance I can't stand.  To quote you out of context: Over the top parody.  I found the voice ridiculous to the point that it tarnished anything else cool about the character.

Spoiler for Hiden:
hmm,and i just wanted to push him in the swimming pool Tongue
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:46:52 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2010, 04:05:24 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
No problem with his age or look.  That seemed perfectly appropriate.  I like that he appeared earlier in the ep as a throwaway character.  I actually like the idea of this Moriarty quite a bit.  It's the performance I can't stand.  To quote you out of context: Over the top parody.  I found the voice ridiculous to the point that it tarnished anything else cool about the character.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Oddly enough, I think the high pitched, effeminate tone works because he's shown a tendency to suddenly drop it and shout something really menacing in the same breath.  The end result is a character who can be a bit terrifying without becoming Snidely Whiplash.  The actor portraying him really does a great job, IMHO.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2010, 04:33:50 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 29, 2010, 04:05:24 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Oddly enough, I think the high pitched, effeminate tone works because he's shown a tendency to suddenly drop it and shout something really menacing in the same breath.  The end result is a character who can be a bit terrifying without becoming Snidely Whiplash.  The actor portraying him really does a great job, IMHO.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Wow.  I could not agree less!  Oh, well.  Glad you could take him.

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2010, 05:19:29 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 29, 2010, 04:33:50 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yep, I have to agree with you there. His high-pitched voice makes me take the character less seriously. Sounds like he has a mouse in his throat and doesn't convey the essence of a mastermind which is what he's supposed to be.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2010, 08:00:19 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on November 29, 2010, 05:19:29 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yep, I have to agree with you there. His high-pitched voice makes me take the character less seriously. Sounds like he has a mouse in his throat and doesn't convey the essence of a mastermind which is what he's supposed to be.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm just happy to be here!

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2010, 04:30:34 AM »

I've added this to my wee little Xmas wish-list I'm sending my bro and sister-in-law. I was surprised to see at a Barnes & Noble store they're shearing 50% off the $34.98 MSRP on this (no membership card needed), which seems to actually undercut Amazon for a change.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2011, 12:46:59 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 14, 2010, 04:51:53 PM

Cool, Sherlock is available on dvd thru netflix.  Ill be able to check it out in about a week.  thumbsup

Well this dvd must be quite popular.  I put it in the #1 queue position in November and I just finally received it. 

First off, I have no issues with them bringing Sherlock into the 21st century.  Sure Doyle has a large body of work but those have all been done before, several times.  Beside why would you want to try and compete with the BBC Jeremy Brett series?  So, yeah go ahead and update it, make something new, with the spirit of the original Holmes and Watson. 

I just finished the first episode and was very impressed.  I enjoyed Martin Freemans performance in particular.  Excellent job.   Regarding Holmes, I noticed a few people mentioning Dr Who potential there.  Im not surprised  considering Moffats influence.  I do think the actor would make a good Dr. but I think that some of this is due to how the Holmes character was written.  Anyway, so far so good.  Definitely hoping for more.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2011, 01:36:34 AM »

finished the series and I thought it was great.  I really enjoyed how they've updated this.  Holmes is such a arrogant prick, it's just hilarious watching Watsons reactions to him.  Martin freeman was perfect for the role.
anyway, I read a quick interview with Moffat, regarding season 2 and he had these three words for us....Adler, Baskerville and Reichenbach.   Damn I can't wait!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2011, 02:30:54 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on March 12, 2011, 01:36:34 AM

finished the series and I thought it was great.  I really enjoyed how they've updated this.  Holmes is such a arrogant prick, it's just hilarious watching Watsons reactions to him.  Martin freeman was perfect for the role.
anyway, I read a quick interview with Moffat, regarding season 2 and he had these three words for us....Adler, Baskerville and Reichenbach.   Damn I can't wait!

Reichenbach already?? icon_confused

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2011, 02:32:54 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 12, 2011, 02:30:54 AM

well, if they're only going to do 3 episodes they might as well be big.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 12, 2011, 02:32:54 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 12, 2011, 02:30:54 AM

well, if they're only going to do 3 episodes they might as well be big.

Well, good lord, for things not already covered, those are the big three for sure.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2011, 10:03:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 29, 2010, 08:00:19 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Regarding the 3rd epsiode and specifically *spoiler*   
Spoiler for Hiden:
God help me but I had the exact same take as Hepcat on Moriarity.  At first I went wha?! and then realized he was fantastic.  I wouldnt even be surprised if we find out later on that thats not his real voice and just one he adopted to screw with Holmes, something he does seem to enjoy immensely,  I did lol after hearing Holmes describe himself several times as a "consulting detective", Moriarty is described as a consulting villain.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2011, 11:02:53 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on March 12, 2011, 10:03:34 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 29, 2010, 08:00:19 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Regarding the 3rd epsiode and specifically *spoiler*   
Spoiler for Hiden:
God help me but I had the exact same take as Hepcat on Moriarity.  At first I went wha?! and then realized he was fantastic.  I wouldnt even be surprised if we find out later on that thats not his real voice and just one he adopted to screw with Holmes, something he does seem to enjoy immensely,  I did lol after hearing Holmes describe himself several times as a "consulting detective", Moriarty is described as a consulting villain.

If that happens, I'll accept it.

sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 11:43:12 PM »

Just letting all know.  Now available on Netflix Instant Viewing.

spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2011, 12:06:29 AM »

I finally caught this on Netflix and I'm liking it a lot. I'm reading my way through the complete canon of all Holmes stories. I really liked the recent Guy Ritchie film and I like the modern interpretation of Holmes in this new Sherlock series. Definitely want to see more.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »

In reporting about Benedict Cumberbatch joining The Hobbit , AICN mentioned that the next series/season should be up in the fall.  Everyone involved in this show is so busy, I thought we'd have longer to wait.

Martin Freeman's even doing some kind of gender-swapping sitcom, isn't he, Brits?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:24:19 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 23, 2011, 02:22:05 PM

In reporting about Benedict Cumberbatch joining The Hobbit , AICN mentioned that the next series/season should be up in the fall.  Everyone involved in this show is so busy, I thought we'd have longer to wait.

Martin Freeman's even doing some kind of gender-swapping sitcom, isn't he, Brits?

not heard anything myself about Martin Freeman and the gender swapping thing,looking it up however it says that it was shown in May 2009 and was called Boy Meets Girl..well that one passed me by

Sherlock just won a BAFTA(TV awards this time not film) last night for best Drama,and Freeman won a best supporting actor for the role of Watson,Benedict Cumberbatch was nominated for best Actor,but missed out

Rhetts said above that Moffat had said 'Adler, Baskerville and Reichenbach'

well the next 3 episodes seem to go off that,as they have been officially named as 'A Scandal in Belgravia','The Hounds of Baskerville' and 'The Reichenbach Fall'
BBC.co.uk

notice how its 'Reichenbach Fall' and not 'Falls' as in the original story...
Spoiler for Hiden:
a good little play on words if you know what happens

Also,'Hound of the Baskerville'..is usually known as 'Hound of the Baskervilles',not sure why i has lost the S,maybe it will just be Baskerville Hall and not the people(the original had at least two people from the Baskerville family if i remember rightly in the story)

A Scandal in Belgravia is known as A scandal in Bohemia and is as Rhetts said features Irene Adler,why it's changed from Bohemia( a place central Europe) to Balgravia which is a district of Central London i am guessing is another major change,but basic overall story

remember that the first episode was named 'A Study in Pink' instead of 'A Study in Scarlet'...so it looks liek they are continuing to add their own touch to the titles

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: