http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 03:47:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBC]Sherlock  (Read 11142 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 28, 2014, 10:34:18 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on January 28, 2014, 09:01:59 PM

Thanks TiLT.  I had gotten that somewhat, but I wanted to be sure it hadn't been some weird hanging plotline.

I was expecting more TBH,mainly because i was expecting Donovan(who calls Sherlock "Freak" in the first series) to play more of a part in the episode/series

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2014, 02:36:45 PM »

Well, I can see why Episode 3 was polarizing.  IMO, the biggest problem with it is that it should have happened next season. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
We barely had time to really know Mary before they pulled that switcheroo.  If it had happened next season, we would have felt the betrayal that Watson felt a lot more intensely.  Plus we could have watched Mary pull off increasingly kick ass moves, to the point where we might just start to be wondering about her and then, bam.

My biggest issue was with the main bad guy, but only in the sense that he should have been Moriarty instead of the ridiculous lunatic they actually used.  I do not miss him.  They even referred to this guy as the Napoleon of Something (Identity? Information?), which makes me wonder if there aren't plans for that along the way, but what a waste at this point.

Spoiler for Hiden:
And why is everyone freaking out about what is obviously an animated Moriarty?  The mouth is moving like a JibJab character.

I still hold to my opinion about who the larger villain of the series is (I didn't actually think that would get revealed this season).

Overall, I enjoyed the episode still, with just a few minor issues.

Spoiler for Hiden:
How did Mary actually get into the building for the assassination?  Did she use her friend, like Sherlock did?  That doesn't seem to fit the timing, really.  Plus they said "She left the same way she came up" which implies it wasn't the elevator (also, Watson would have seen her then).  If she didn't use her friend, why did she pick her as a friend?  Although, in the end I liked that, because otherwise it seemed too big of a coincidence that the friend just happened to be the top insider for the villain of the week.  I guess just having insider information could be reason enough for Mary to befriend her.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 04, 2014, 02:36:45 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
And why is everyone freaking out about what is obviously an animated Moriarty?  The mouth is moving like a JibJab character.

Spoiler for Hiden:
It's more for me who has done it,because Sherlock said it took him two years to dismantle Moriarty's web...I can't see it being Moriarty himself after eating a bullet

incase you missed it....Mary....
Spoiler for Hiden:
received a 'congratulations' notice that Sherlock read out in Episode 2,saying "see you soon,Cam"..and her face changed slightly,internet buffs reckon its was C.A.M.(Charles Augustus Magnussen)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2014, 02:11:12 AM »

Finally got a chance to watch all three of these the last couple days. Thoroughly enjoyed them all. Liked the humour they stuck in this series too. Can't wait for season 4 whenever that happens. Have they said anything about beyond that yet?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2014, 03:08:52 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on March 11, 2014, 02:11:12 AM

Finally got a chance to watch all three of these the last couple days. Thoroughly enjoyed them all. Liked the humour they stuck in this series too. Can't wait for season 4 whenever that happens. Have they said anything about beyond that yet?

Both Cumberbatch and Freeman have stated that they want to continue making these as long as the BBC will let them.  Hopefully thats a really long time because Sherlock is one of the best TV series Ive ever watched.  Unfortunately for the series, both actors ( especially Cumberbatch ) are in very high demand these days so there may be a couple of years before the next season.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: