http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 02:42:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Amazon] The After  (Read 557 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2014, 11:13:18 AM »

Trailer   One hour pilot ordered and if viewers like it then a season will be ordered

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »

I saw this, but I'll need a better trailer as it was so generic, it could have been an opening for a dozen different movies, games or tv shows.  someone on Kotaku posted The Who's 'Wont get fooled again' and now I can't think of this trailer without expecting Horatio Caine to show up. 

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 04:51:58 PM »

Yeah, looks pretty generic and lame.  Should be on Syfy. 

I also didn't understand half of what that lady said the first time, she was talking so fast with her thick accent.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 01:44:11 PM »

Maybe it's because I only recently watched Insidious, but I keep seeing this title as "The Further"

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 06:57:43 PM »

watched part of this on Amazon during lunch..  Seems okay,  so far and the French woman is easier to understand with sub-titles on.  Haven't finished it yet, but as long as they don't do 26 episodes and keep it between 8-12 I could watch this

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 11:41:40 PM »

Just read about it, didn't realize it was from X-Files' Chris Carter, so I'll give it a chance this weekend.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 03:49:52 AM »

I watched it. I think the pilot wins the award for "Most Unnecessary F-Bombs Ever" category; although there is a joke about it in there that was actually kinda funny. The main characters consistently do dumb illogical things throughout. And its still unclear of what actually is going on by the end of the episode. That all said I'll probably be watching this one for a bit. There is a bit of charm to how dumb everyone is behaving, kinda like a Sci-Fi Channel movie, and the mystery of what is going on that has me interested.

Its got a long ways to go to be a must watch show but right now it seems good enough to be watchable.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 11:03:29 AM »

Eh, it's only one character that embodies the unnecessary F-bombs, and sets it off in others. Prior to that moment, the fbombs are quite rare.

Spoiler for Hiden:
It looks like there's a bigger supernatural element that I think could have been revealed earlier, even though I am actually glad that they kept it subdued (or nonexistent) until very late.

Thing is, I don't think the showrunners are going to be able to keep that going on since so many shows, when they go into the supernatural demonology stuff just gets way too out of hand and they don't have the writing ability to keep it in check.

Considering what the demon thing said in Latin, "The die has been cast." Pretty much sets up some giant and crazy supernatural plots. Which will be more interesting than the many normal zombie/apocalypse stories. But at the same time, so many writers are just unable to keep subdued and interesting.

I actually think it's well acted, and yes, there's the doing stupid stuff thing, but the reason why it sticks out as people acting stupidly is that the actors play the role well enough before they do the stupid thing.

I'll keep watching if they make more, but there's a lot of stuff to watch these days.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »

Watched it last night.  It wasnt terrible but the pacing seemed off to me. Not sure what it was but it just seemed like it didnt flow well.  The premiere episode is mostly set up so hopefully it gets a decent run and has a chance to develop into something good. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 04:09:04 PM »

I saw this last night as well... Still kind of confused as to what exactly happened.
Spoiler for Hiden:
There are obviously some kind of power issues but then some electronics work, so not an EMP like event, so why don't the radios work? Also sounds like some kind of time dilation going on as well.

Will probably give it at least 2 more episodes before I decide on staying with it.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 09:47:12 PM »

I watched about 90% of it last night.  I really really wanted to like it but ultimately I found it grating on the nerves and overall annoying.  Every character is irritating or cliche in their own way, and the whole thing just seems like a mess.  Maybe it's just me but I just hated this entire group of people.  The only thing I found vaguely interesting was the gratuitous titties and the gay clown's big package.  But as rshetts mentioned, it really just did not flow well at all.  One might hope they were pacing it strangely on purpose to disorient the viewer, but honestly I think it was more just poor editing.

Might give it another chance, but I don't see much potential here to win me over.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 05:25:34 PM »

I watched this the other night and am quite frankly amazed it got greenlit for a full season.  Bad plot, terrible stereotyped characters, unrealistic and illogical character actions, gratuitous nudity and swearing and a hook that fails to do what every great mystery show does.  Hint to Chris Carter:  the reveal of the big mystery should not be used in the opening episode so blatantly. 

I've quit watching better shows than this. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: