http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 04:30:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [ABC] The Gates  (Read 382 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2010, 11:18:17 PM »

anyone going to give ABC's The Gates a try?  it looks like it's their summer shot at the Vampire genre, and it's even on the same night as True Blood.  Rhona Mitra is in it, I guess she decided she liked doing vampire stuff after Underworld 3.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 05:25:13 AM »

just watched the premiere, and I think they're trying to jam too much stuff into the show.  you got vampires (with sunscreen to protect them during the day!), werewolves and witches all within the first hour, and they've also got infighting going on between all three groups (vampire can't control her urges, werewolf can't control his urges, witches get catty).

if they can sort out everything it has potential, but I'm thinking it will have a quick and quiet death.

Because I can,
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »

My wife was going to DVR this. I hope she forgot.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 21, 2010, 05:25:13 AM

just watched the premiere, and I think they're trying to jam too much stuff into the show.  you got vampires (with sunscreen to protect them during the day!), werewolves and witches all within the first hour, and they've also got infighting going on between all three groups (vampire can't control her urges, werewolf can't control his urges, witches get catty).

if they can sort out everything it has potential, but I'm thinking it will have a quick and quiet death.

I'm guessing it's a supernatural desperate housewives? I'll check it out if they show the premiere again. I didn't think about it last night.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on June 21, 2010, 03:28:51 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 21, 2010, 05:25:13 AM

I'm guessing it's a supernatural desperate housewives? I'll check it out if they show the premiere again. I didn't think about it last night.

I think it's available online.  I've never watched Desperate Housewives so I can't compare them, but the show definitely feels like it should be on the CW.

Because I can,
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 03:50:16 PM »

I watched it.  Pretty forgettable imho.  I don't see myself watching another episode.  

What is it with the day-walking vampires these days anyway?  At least they aren't sparkly.  Vampires are supposed to be bad-ass, soulless and nocturnal.  smile  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: