http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 10:26:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [10/11/08] Kato Fest 2008: Toast Reminder - Saturday 6pm AZ time...  (Read 10037 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 26, 2008, 02:09:13 PM

When I am president (with dogmeat as my chief of staff), I will make bud light lime the only beer available in the U.S.   icon_twisted

Now that I can't abide by. While I may not know your foreign policy, I do know that I can not simply vote for you for that reasoning alone.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 02:45:59 PM »

Ooh, can I be the Secretary of Malevolence?   icon_twisted

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 02:47:37 PM »

Now that I can't abide by. While I may not know your foreign policy, I do know that I can not simply vote for you for that reasoning alone.
Do you live in Alaska?  I hear that counts.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 02:48:27 PM »

I will make bud light lime the only beer available in the U.S.   icon_twisted

I would rather live in France, or even Canada, than accept that travesty!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 03:25:49 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on September 26, 2008, 11:52:53 AM

Quote from: DamageInc on September 25, 2008, 01:16:54 AM

I can make a pretty good pasta salad, or I can bring some Chick-Fil-A platters

Chick-Fil-A is my sinful delight, I would LOVE if you brought some smile

So are ya coming? I know its very expensive for you, but if you can make it that would be awesome.  Same for the rest of the GT crew here.  Oh and chick-fil-a is fantastic!

He is in fact coming, and he'll be staying with us as well.  icon_biggrin  But beware.  He's well aware of your alcohol tolerance and you're only two beers away from "get him drunk and..."   icon_wink

But only if you don't have pointy elbows.  No one here likes pointy elbows. 

Although Harkonis will have to worry about my wife and Mitzi trying to kill him in his sleep for all the times he killed them in Halo 3 (MoosNukle and ChicagoGirl).  Similar to the vendettas some have against PhillyPeteRock, whenever Harkonis would kill either Jaime or Mitzi they'd shake their fist in the air screaming, "DAAAAMN YOUUUUUUU HARKONIIIIIIIIIIS!"   icon_lol

Quote from: PeteRock on September 26, 2008, 01:55:27 PM

I've made an update to the original post showing both guest lists (in-person and in-spirit), and I've also included an update on "The Great Kato Toast".  I've tentatively scheduled the toast to take place at 6pm Arizona time (same as Pacific), but I am willing to adjust the time if necessary. 

I hope thats the 2nd or last drink of the night or else I will pass out shortly after that (lightweight-drinking skillz)

Dude, the party starts at 4pm, the toast is at 6.  Last night Jaime laughed and said that all we'll have to do is pick up a 6-pack of Bud Lite and by the end of the weekend we'll still have four left over when you leave.   icon_wink

When I am president (with dogmeat as my chief of staff), I will make bud light lime the only beer available in the U.S.   icon_twisted

When we pick you up at the airport let me know which is your bad eye.  So I can punch you in the other one. 

I will also pardon all asian drivers' traffic tickets (its not their fault, its in their genes)

\ /

This weekend is going to be an absolute riot.   icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 03:28:55 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 03:28:55 PM »

you should set up a webcam and broadcast the party so we can all laugh at kato's drunkenness!  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »

You ought to keep the XBox hooked to a chat channel like we've been doing in Madden.  I don't know how many people it can support, but something where we can drop in and chat with the guest of honor.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 04:27:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 26, 2008, 03:28:55 PM

you should set up a webcam and broadcast the party so we can all laugh at kato's drunkenness!  icon_twisted

I have long ago learned not to take photos at parties involving excessive drinking.  I once saw photos from our first Rock Band party when the game was initially released.  Those images will forever be burned into my memory.  And they were of me

Never again.

Photos or video = evidence.  

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 05:56:47 PM »

I'll have to be there in spirit.  I can take a trip to San Diego when he's back in town to say hi though.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 06:14:02 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 26, 2008, 03:44:57 PM

You ought to keep the XBox hooked to a chat channel like we've been doing in Madden.  I don't know how many people it can support, but something where we can drop in and chat with the guest of honor.

Now that's a cool idea!

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 06:18:37 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 26, 2008, 06:14:02 PM

Now that's a cool idea!

Odds are we'll be playing Rock Band or any number of games throughout the night, but those attending the party "in spirit" are more than welcome to send a chat invite and once we finish our set or if we can pause our current game we'll try to get Kato on the line to chat throughout the party.  I've got a new wireless headset so communication should be a breeze.

faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 06:53:29 PM »

I'll be there in spirit to raise a glass to USMC Kato!!! 

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2008, 01:46:18 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 26, 2008, 06:18:37 PM

Quote from: Destructor on September 26, 2008, 06:14:02 PM

Now that's a cool idea!

Odds are we'll be playing Rock Band or any number of games throughout the night, but those attending the party "in spirit" are more than welcome to send a chat invite and once we finish our set or if we can pause our current game we'll try to get Kato on the line to chat throughout the party.  I've got a new wireless headset so communication should be a breeze.

I should bring my xbox live vision camera  ninja .....or not

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2008, 02:37:04 AM »

It's a shame you'll be assassinated before the election...  icon_wink

Though, as the V.P. on your ticket PeteRock will win in a landslide of mourning, easily becoming the first truly fabulous POTUS. And that fabulosity will move mountains. He will give Americans strength, humility and entertainment with weekly "fireside treatises." He and Simba will lead America, by example, to a new age of love, understanding, and agility training. And he will unite Palestine and Israel over pool, beer, and home-made pasta ribs with shaved chocolate. It will be the dawning of the third age of mankind. And Kato's love of a crappy beer will make it happen.

Thank you USMC Kato. For all you have done. And all you will do.  biggrin

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2008, 06:15:17 AM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on September 27, 2008, 02:37:04 AM

Though, as the V.P. on your ticket PeteRock will win in a landslide of mourning, easily becoming the first truly fabulous POTUS. And that fabulosity will move mountains. He will give Americans strength, humility and entertainment with weekly "fireside treatises." He and Simba will lead America, by example, to a new age of love, understanding, and agility training. And he will unite Palestine and Israel over pool, beer, and home-made pasta ribs with shaved chocolate. It will be the dawning of the third age of mankind. And Kato's love of a crappy beer will make it happen.

I accept that fate, however you forgot one thing......PeteRock's posts on this forum are legendary and not short.  Imagine then, the length/verbosity of his acceptance speech and his address to the nation.  By the time his speech is finished, medicine will have advanced far enough that I will be resurrected once again, and the reign of bud light will continue.

Semper Fidelis

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 27, 2008, 06:15:17 AM

I accept that fate, however you forgot one thing......PeteRock's posts on this forum are legendary and not short.  Imagine then, the length/verbosity of his acceptance speech and his address to the nation.  By the time his speech is finished, medicine will have advanced far enough that I will be resurrected once again, and the reign of bud light will continue.

but buy then I will have bought Budweiser and burned the secrets to anything pertaining to Bud Light.  After that it will be nothing but wine coolers  icon_twisted

Because I can,
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2008, 06:50:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 27, 2008, 03:56:45 PM

but buy then I will have bought Budweiser and burned the secrets to anything pertaining to Bud Light.  After that it will be nothing but wine coolers  icon_twisted

Touche....good game sir

Semper Fidelis

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2008, 10:00:02 PM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on September 27, 2008, 02:37:04 AM

What happens to the presidency when it is discovered that I am personally responsible for the assassination?  After all, I strongly believe in one's right to choose, as it is my body and it should be my right to determine what I do with it or what kind of beer I put in it.  While the yeast in beer may be a living organism there is still some debate on what constitutes true "life".  Does a beer's conception start right at the harvesting of yeast and hops, or when the two are combined and fermented?  Should the government be able to influence the beer choices available in America?  I do not think so.  A vote for PeteRock is a vote for pro-choice.  It is your body, and so it should be your right to choose the type of beer you put in it.   

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 09:55:44 PM »

Woohoo! I'm leaving on a jet plane tomorrow to go back to the states!  Then 10 days until I drink a bud light in Pete's face.  Go Niners!

Semper Fidelis

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2008, 04:27:43 PM »

As of today, October 4th, the confirmed guest list is as follows:

• PeteRock
  • MoosNukle (Mrs. PeteRock)
  • Moliere
  • DamageInc
  • Knightshade Dragon
  • Knightshade Dragonette
  • javahead
  • USMC Kato (obviously)
  • Destructor
  • Harkonis
  • Zero (pending travel arrangements)
  • Mitzi (friend of Mrs. PeteRock and contributor to the Kato fund)
  • Mike (another friend of the PeteRock household, ex-Marine, and contributor to the Kato fund I believe)

If you plan to attend the party and aren't on the list let me know as I'll be sending out PMs to all names on the list with home address information, cell phone number, directions, and inquiries into what others may want to bring.

Only six more days until Kato lands in Arizona.   icon_biggrin  And temperatures lately have only gone into the 80's with lows at night dipping into the high 60's.  While the temperatures may go back into the 90's by next weekened, we're finally out of the triple digits so expect much more comfortable weather.   

Zero

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 04, 2008, 04:27:43 PM

As of today, October 4th, the confirmed guest list is as follows:

• PeteRock
  • MoosNukle (Mrs. PeteRock)
  • Moliere
  • DamageInc
  • Knightshade Dragon
  • Knightshade Dragonette
  • javahead
  • USMC Kato (obviously)
  • Destructor
  • Harkonis
  • Zero (pending travel arrangements)
  • Mitzi (friend of Mrs. PeteRock and contributor to the Kato fund)
  • Mike (another friend of the PeteRock household, ex-Marine, and contributor to the Kato fund I believe)

If you plan to attend the party and aren't on the list let me know as I'll be sending out PMs to all names on the list with home address information, cell phone number, directions, and inquiries into what others may want to bring.

Only six more days until Kato lands in Arizona.   icon_biggrin  And temperatures lately have only gone into the 80's with lows at night dipping into the high 60's.  While the temperatures may go back into the 90's by next weekened, we're finally out of the triple digits so expect much more comfortable weather.   

Looks like I'm coming!  I just bought my plane ticket - coming in late Friday night - I'll PM you to figure out what I shall bring.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2008, 08:39:15 PM »

For me, the nervousness of pre-travel jitters are starting to combine with excitement at the get-together.  I hate the hurry up and wait aspect of flight travel, got enough of that in the military.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2008, 09:07:15 PM »

Damn it, I wish I could make it.  Have a drink on my behalf...
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2008, 09:34:52 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 06, 2008, 08:39:15 PM

For me, the nervousness of pre-travel jitters are starting to combine with excitement at the get-together.  I hate the hurry up and wait aspect of flight travel, got enough of that in the military.

You should be more nervous about Jaime's and Mitzi's inevitable attempts to smother you in your sleep for all of the times you've killed them in online MP.   icon_wink

We've been talking about this upcoming get-together ever since we decided to have the party and we're really looking forward to it.  Given how often we entertain, the preparation process has become a standard operating procedure in our house.  Each day of the week involves a particular step, such as menu and beverage planning on Monday, 2nd floor cleaning on Tuesday, kitchen cleaning on Wednesday, grocery store trip on Thursday, etc.  This way our preparations are spread out over a number of days and come Saturday there's little to do besides finishing up food prep and cracking open a beer.  We call this phase of the preparation process "yardwork."  When I first met my father-in-law he was sitting in a lawn chair in his driveway with a cooler next to him and a beer in his hand.  When I politely asked what he was doing he said, "Yardwork.  And it's good you're here because I need your help."  He then proceeded to unfold a second lawn chair, set it next to his own, directed me to sit down, and then he handed me a beer.   icon_confused  When I asked what kind of work we had to do he simply smiled and said, "This is it."  That is the best damn kind of yardwork I've ever experienced.  When the girls came home from shopping we were sufficiently drunk and still sitting in the same lawn chairs.  When they asked what we did all day, our response was "yardwork."  And this weekend, even though we don't have a yard at our townhouse, I'll have two new helpers to aid in my "yardwork".  And because of the heat in Arizona, yardwork has to start early.  Usually by 9am on a party day I have already started doing my "yardwork" and usually that "yardwork" continues on right into and through that day's party.   icon_cool

Poor Kato.   icon_twisted

As an FYI for both Harkonis and USMC Kato:  Make sure to arrive hungry on Friday.  Fabulous

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on October 06, 2008, 09:07:15 PM

Damn it, I wish I could make it.  Have a drink on my behalf...

I'm not necessarily known for being much of a drinker, but I'll try to do my best to honor your request.   ninja

wasted

(icon_wink)

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »

I'd say have a drink for me... but I'm not thinking there is going to be much coca-cola being imbibed.  ninja

Pikachu, I Blame you!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2008, 10:34:03 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on October 06, 2008, 10:28:10 PM

I'd say have a drink for me... but I'm not thinking there is going to be much coca-cola being imbibed.  ninja

Sure there will be.  How can you have Jack-and-Coke without the Jack.......I mean the Coke. 

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2008, 10:37:08 PM »

Someone stay sober for me!   
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2008, 10:47:51 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 06, 2008, 10:37:08 PM

Someone stay sober for me!   

Why?

Besides, Jesus wants us to drink.  Even he didn't want to drink water.  He preferred wine so much that he turned water into wine.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 10:55:48 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2008, 10:58:05 PM »

considering that i will be driving home at that time, i will ablige and be the designated non-drinker at the party (in spirit)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2008, 11:57:53 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 06, 2008, 10:34:03 PM

Sure there will be.  How can you have Jack-and-Coke without the Jack.......I mean the Coke. 

how can you insult Jack by putting Coke in it?

Because I can,
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2008, 03:09:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 06, 2008, 11:57:53 PM

I loathe Jack either way.  It is certainly not a sipping whisky, and my wife is the one who drinks it anyway (along with my mother in law).  Hence why Coke will in some way be consumed at the party.  I prefer a rich, velvety Cabernet, anyway.  Fabulous

Girls drink Jack.   icon_wink

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2008, 04:01:18 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 07, 2008, 03:09:20 PM

I loathe Jack either way.  It is certainly not a sipping whisky, and my wife is the one who drinks it anyway (along with my mother in law).  Hence why Coke will in some way be consumed at the party.  I prefer a rich, velvety Cabernet, anyway.  Fabulous

call me Sue then
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2008, 04:04:28 PM »

I love Jack and Coke, but I can't stand Jack on its own.  I prefer The Glenlivet 15 for sipping.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 07, 2008, 04:01:18 PM

call me Sue then

icon_lol

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2008, 12:19:06 AM »

Below is a list of the party menu and voluntary assignments thus far.  This way we have a complete list in one location for others to see to avoid any overlap or repeat contributions.  If any party attendees would like to add a contribution of their own just let me know and I'll add it to the list.  Here's what we have so far:

DamageInc
Pasta Salad
Chick-A-Fil Party Platter

Mitzi
Devilled Eggs

Mike
Homemade chili con queso dip served warm in a mini-crockpot with Fritos

Knightshade and Mrs. Knightshade
Grilled teriyaki chicken with grilled pineapple
Rock Band 2 Supplies

Moliere and Chesspieceface (because he's not made of cheese  ninja)
Vegetable tray with ranch dip

Zero
12-pack of beer (or more if he so chooses, as "12-pack" was just an arbitrary number, but, as my wife likes to say, a 6-pack is only going to piss me off  icon_wink)

PeteRock and MoosNukle
Sausage-wontons-of-goodness (yes , THE famous wontons from the first Rock Band party that even made it into Ron's game review  drool)
Baked english muffins topped with a decadent combination of melted cheese and fresh lump crabmeat
Case of Sam Adams Oktoberfest
Assorted Booze (Grey Goose, Jack Daniels, Bailey's, and Mrs. Knightshade has been known to come with something fabulous in tow entirely dependent upon her mood ranging from Disaronno amaretto to Rose Tequila)
Soda (Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, etc)
Knightshade's Diet Green Tea (we still have a number leftover from the last party)
Bottled Water
Silverware/Plates/Napkins/Skewers (we still have Knightshade's skewers from the last party)
We also have a nice Savignon Blanc from New Zealand in the fridge along with a bottle of Gewurtztraminer as well (which I think was left by the Knightshades from our last party - I sometimes wonder where some of the alcohol in our house comes from  ninja - but I always know where it has gone  wasted)

Destructor
Donation to the Kato Fest 2008 Party Fund
or
12-pack of beer
or
Ridged potato chips and french onion dip
or
Soft pretzels
(I've listed a few options as Destructor is still deciding so nothing is confirmed just yet)

Harkonis
Soda (hopefully our local grocery is running their usual "buy 2 get five free" soda deal and we'll be golden)
or
Ridged potato chips and french onion dip

That covers our list thus far.  We're expecting anywhere from 15 to 20 guests, so hopefully our food offerings provide enough to satiate without running the risk of excessive leftovers.  I noticed a distinct lack of anything sweet so perhaps anyone hoping to add to the list might consider something with a bit of sugar or sweetness (just a potential suggestion).  Beer goes fast and is the exception rather than the rule when it comes to leftovers so that is always an option as well. 

Kato Fest 2008 is only a few days away and we are all very excited for an opportunity to meet a number of new friends, to meet existing forum friends in-person, and to celebrate such a wonderful community and the great people among us, especially our resident hero, USMC Kato.

ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS!           

And as unbelievable as this may sound, the heat is expected to break by Saturday and the weather forecast for the party is a high of 80 with a low in the 50's.  Absolutely perfect weather.  People might even be able to venture outside.   icon_eek  We'll have a football available along with tennis balls and a frisbee for folks who would like to play with the dogs out back.  While we don't have a fenced-in yard, they're trained enough to be able to play off-leash in the green space behind our house. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:03:38 AM by PeteRock » Logged

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2008, 05:13:16 PM »

Just a reminder to all who will be attending Saturday's party in spirit but would still like to participate in some way.  Tomorrow's the big day!  Don't forget to raise your glass in honor of our very own GamingTrend hero:

THE GREAT KATO TOAST

At exactly 6pm Arizona time (6pm Pacific, 7pm Mountain, 8pm Central, 9pm Eastern - I don't know what the hell time it is in Canada), all GamingTrend members, both those in attendance in person and those in attendance in spirit, will be asked to raise a glass in a toast to USMC Kato to show our appreciation for his personal sacrifice, his brave service, his heroism, and to express our honor and pride to have such a friend as a part of our community.  So at the aforementioned time, I ask all to please have your favorite beverage of choice handy so that we may all, together as one, regardless of our location, make a toast in unison to our good friend and fellow forum member USMC Kato.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:16:55 PM by PeteRock » Logged

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2008, 05:28:18 PM »

Dood
you should totally do a chat on 360 so some can join in from afar!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2008, 05:34:04 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 10, 2008, 05:28:18 PM

Dood
you should totally do a chat on 360 so some can join in from afar!

I'm not sure how we would handle it as people will be playing Rock Band 2 and you can only chat with a limited number of people at any one time.  But what I would like to do is have everyone who participates in the toast to post in this thread so that we can see just how many were involved in the Great Kato Toast of 2008. 

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »

My girlfriend Alicia and I will be toasting USMC KATO.  My brother too!  9:00pm ET Saturday!

USMC KATO!
USMC KATO!
USMC KATO!
USMC KATO!
USMC KATO!
USMC KATO!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: