http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 08:33:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'I'll Be In My Bunk"  (Read 790 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:00:01 PM »

Ok. I'm late to the party on this, but did this phrase originate on Firefly or is it just a universal 'tee hee' for when people refer to returning to their beds for self-pleasuring themselves?

I ask, because I've been slowly working through the series for the first time and just came (HAHAHAAA) upon that phrase in an episode.

Is this the point of origination for this popular interwebs phrase?

Also, I am sad in my heart that there are only 14 episodes and a movie.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 26, 2013, 04:00:01 PM

Also, I am sad in my heart that there are only 14 episodes and a movie.

There are some graphic novels out there, too, if you want a wee bit more of the universe explored.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »

found this
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I'll%20be%20in%20my%20bunk

someone else asks the question here

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »

I rewatch the entire series and the movie every year.  I own dvd AND blu ray editions of both as well.  I think it's safe to say I adore Firefly.  Rarely does a show come along with a cast that shares that insane amount of chemistry.  When it's also so well produced, acted and written, you get magic. 

It's tragic that audiences didn't respond in overwhelming numbers during its run.   icon_cry

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 26, 2013, 05:15:40 PM

I rewatch the entire series and the movie every year.  I own dvd AND blu ray editions of both as well.  I think it's safe to say I adore Firefly.  Rarely does a show come along with a cast that shares that insane amount of chemistry.  When it's also so well produced, acted and written, you get magic. 

It's tragic that audiences didn't respond in overwhelming numbers during its run.   icon_cry
Agreed.  It's also tragic that the network completely botched the airing of the episodes too.  How can you expect a show to succeed when the episodes are aired out of order, and then with big breaks between them? 

I really like how Mal isn't your cookie cutter Han Solo-esque character, he's actually a badass who will kill people on the spot if they threaten his crew or his mission.  He can go from being very compassionate to a stone cold killer in a moment, if needed.   
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »

Anyone read the books?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 06:18:50 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 26, 2013, 06:10:59 PM

Anyone read the books?

I read Those Left Behind, which filled in events between the end of the series and the movie.  it tied up some loose strings that the movie left out and explains how The Operative from Serenity came into the story.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »

I know it's been discounted by Whedon himself, but I always liked the theory that Shepard was formerly an Operative like Chiwetel Ejiofor's character in Serenity and that the movie was essentially the story of Shepard's life told through him.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 07:12:34 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 26, 2013, 06:34:18 PM

I know it's been discounted by Whedon himself, but I always liked the theory that Shepard was formerly an Operative like Chiwetel Ejiofor's character in Serenity and that the movie was essentially the story of Shepard's life told through him.

they also did a graphic novel about him.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
xenocide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 26, 2013, 06:18:50 PM

Quote from: ATB on March 26, 2013, 06:10:59 PM

Anyone read the books?

I read Those Left Behind, which filled in events between the end of the series and the movie.  it tied up some loose strings that the movie left out and explains how The Operative from Serenity came into the story.

I read them as well, but did not really like them.  One point in particular really turned me off:

Spoiler for Hiden:
In the tv show, they foreshadowed and built up the "two by two, hands of blue" guys for several episodes.  I really liked those characters and were interested in their back story.  Then in the comics they kill them off just like that and we find out they were nothing special, just some run of the mill mercenaries hired down at the mercenary store.  I hate that story line so in my mind I ignore it and still think of the hands of blue guys as cool government/corporate agents.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »

I haven't read them but if that's the kind of thing they pull, I'm probably not ever going to do so.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 11:41:26 AM »

Yeah, from what I've heard of the comics, they come up with reveals that go against what I expected from the series. Things like Book and the Hands of Blue guys. These things worked better when the show and movie alone covered them. The actual story of Book is far less interesting than what Serenity implies, for example.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »

Guess I'll just enjoy the three eps I have left and the movie.  crybaby
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 26, 2013, 05:15:40 PM

I feel the same way about Better Off Ted.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: