http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 06:08:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ".....our menu options have recently changed....."  (Read 977 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2005, 07:11:26 PM »

Is it me or does every freakin company that has an automated phone service have this message?  I mean, do they all just change every week and then they plug that message into the operators recorded message?
I feel like i am in a Seinfeld episode every time i get that message.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 07:28:56 PM »

My personal opinion is that companies add that line just to encourage people to listen carefully to all the menu options and avoid accidentally punching in the wrong numbers.  The company's menu hasn't changed at all, but by saying that it has, people are more likely to listen to what it has to say.

-Autistic Angel
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 03:20:31 AM »

Yeah, either that or they changed once upon a time and they never bothered to remove that part of the message.  I know I have had numbers that I called for months in a row (such as the pharmacy's refill line) that had the same menu options but also had that stupid message every time.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 03:21:52 PM »

I hate it when I try to call Dr's offices or insurance companies - I know that none of your 'options' will work for me, and I just want to talk to a real person, NOW.

The ones I really hate are the automated systems you can 'talk' to. It never works. Normally when I get those, I just punch buttons on my phone randomly until the machine decides I'm an idiot and transfers me. smile

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: