http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 04:31:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $150 blast from the past  (Read 1191 times)
Simon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »

I had a big Millenium Falcon as a kid that got lost over the years. It really was one of the best Star Wars toys and I've told my six-year old about it many times. They have a new one out now that I saw at Target the other day for $150. It's pricey but bigger and better in every possible way. As soon as it goes on some kind of sale I think I'll have no choice but to get it. It should go nicely with my voice-activated R2.

Here's the toy and here's a cool video tour of it.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »

saw this on sunday.  not only that, but a whole bunch of other SW toys to coincide with the clone wars movie. 

that falcon looked damn sexy, and i could even compare it to my old 80's model in the garage.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »

Yeah, the original Falcon was one of my favorite toys of all time.  I remember the first thing I did was pull out the cardboard "walls" that limited access to the rest of the interior.

In fact, I'm surprised this new one seems to have the same issue.  Why is it so hard to make a fully accessible interior with a pop off roof piece?

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:23:54 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on August 05, 2008, 08:02:03 PM

Yeah, the original Falcon was one of my favorite toys of all time.  I remember the first thing I did was pull out the cardboard "walls" that limited access to the rest of the interior.

In fact, I'm surprised this new one seems to have the same issue.  Why is it so hard to make a fully accessible interior with a pop off roof piece?

http://www.amazon.com/Star-GALACTIC-HEROES-MILLENNIUM-FALCON/dp/B00023HVJS

The one for the Lil' Guys does...

Spawn of OO Collective
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 08:39:10 PM »

Man I had a Millennium Falcon toy in the early 80s also!
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 08:44:49 PM »

My mom couldn't afford to buy me the Falcon, but I wound up finding it at a yard sale for like 50 cents so my granddad bought it for me. Talk about hitting the kid jackpot!!!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 08:48:22 PM »

I had the falcon too, plus the odd Star Destroyer bridge playset that was all of the SD scenes combined into one toy.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »

I miss mine. Sad thing is that when we left England we rented our house out. I had packed all my Star Wars figures and toys in a box, put it up in the loft, and probably figured that it would all be fine. One of the renters got in there at some point and took everything.
Windows95
Gaming Trend Reader

Uses only Genuine Microsoft Software!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »

I was very impressed with Kenner, the company that made the original Millennium Falcon toy.  I played with my Falcon nonstop when I was younger, and the thing was beat to hell.  Iíd lost or broken several pieces, and several of the decals had peeled off (probably from me simulating water landings with it).  Iíd had the toy for probably a good five years, and they were no longer for sale to my knowledge, when one day I happened to open up the original box it had come in. 

Inside was a blue and white sheet from Kenner that had a listing of all the parts for the toy that was supposed to come in the box.  It said that if any were broken or missing, to check them off and send the form back to Kenner.  Well, it hadnít arrived broken or missing, but on a lark I checked off all the items that now were and sent the thing off to Kenner.  I sure didnít expect to hear anything back, but about a week later I received a large padded envelope, that had all brand new pieces and a new decal sheet for everything that was missing or broken on my Falcon.

Iím kicking myself now, cause one of the check boxes on the form was ďEntire ToyĒ.  icon_eek

16-bit and loving it!
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »

I had a lot of the Star Wars stuff.  Falcon, Death Star, X-wing, Tie, Droid Factory, Landspeeder, etc.  I think a lot of it still exists in my father's attic, but I'm not sure.

I once left my Vader figure at my aunt's house over Christmas and had to call and ask her to mail it back to me.  Major family crisis it was.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: