http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:20:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW system reqs  (Read 1729 times)
DevoutSinner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2005, 05:18:19 PM »

Ok. I'm almost ready to take the plunge. My main concern is how it will run on my system:P4 2.0-512 ram-Ti42000 128mb.

Does it run better than Coh? When I was fighting in decent size groups, Coh slowed down to the point that it was hard for me to play. What do you guys think?
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 05:44:52 PM »

Until last month I was running it on an Athlon XP 2100, 512 mb RAM and the same video card as you.  I had most of the details set to medium, ran at 1024x768 and was quite happy with it's performance.
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »

It'll run like a champ.  The only small small concern would be 1 gig ram does help but not necessary.
Ibby
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »

You'll see some rather crappy performance in the large cities near the Auction Houses, especially in primetime.

I know that we've got a 16+ hour maintenance period set for this thursday am (Jan. 13th on Whisperwind at least) that's supposed to address this problem.  

I've got a similar machine, with 1 gig of ram and a P4 2.53ghz and Geforce4 Ti4600 and the load times can be pretty awful in the bank/auction house/hang-out area.  I'd think the ram will hurt the most.

As they used to say in the WW2Online community, "Get another gig!"
DevoutSinner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 04:00:26 AM »

Okay. I guess that's it. I'm in. Now if I could just find a freakin' copy.EB,gamestop, 2 BB's, and a circuit city, and no WOW to be found. Bastards.
Valael
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 07:51:24 AM »

Quote from: "DevoutSinner"
Okay. I guess that's it. I'm in. Now if I could just find a freakin' copy.EB,gamestop, 2 BB's, and a circuit city, and no WOW to be found. Bastards.

I'd suggest trying to find a place online to get it.  It's sold out in most places and there won't be any more copies going out until Blizzard makes a few new servers and runs some tests (According the the press release they had on their site).

If I added a sig, would you read it?
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 05:28:41 PM »

P4 2.4ghz
1 gig pc2700 ram
GeForce 4 ti4200 128 vid card

All settings maxed including AA and its smooth as buttah.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 05:33:15 PM »

My wife's computer:

AMD 1800+
384 MB
Geforce 4 ti4600 64MB

Runs fine at 1280x1024 (her default LCD resolution).  She's never had any slowdown or frame rate problems except in ironforge near the entrance (great idea btw...lets put the bank, the auction house and tons of flickering flames all in one place right where everyone walks/flies in and out).
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 05:51:40 PM »

Agree that going above 512 ram will help in congested areas, and when you are flying into a new one.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 11:40:35 PM »

Quote from: "Valael"
Quote from: "DevoutSinner"

I'd suggest trying to find a place online to get it.  It's sold out in most places and there won't be any more copies going out until Blizzard makes a few new servers and runs some tests (According the the press release they had on their site).

You can order a copy right now from the Blizzard online store. Just go to www.blizzard.com and click on the Online Store link at the top right. WoW is right there on the front page of the store.
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 11:40:44 PM »

Quote from: "ericb"
(great idea btw...lets put the bank, the auction house and tons of flickering flames all in one place right where everyone walks/flies in and out).

My thoughts exactly.  What the f'n hell were they thinking (other than it looks really cool)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: