http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 10:05:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW still problems??  (Read 2759 times)
morlac
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2005, 08:28:50 PM »

So after a 16 hours down last thursday, login issues Friday, a couple resarts and some extended downtime last night my server is still having issues(Kel ' Thurzad or something).  Got home early today and encountered my first Login "que".  Its 3 p.m. and I have to wait in a 97 person line to log into the game.  That's unacceptable.  This the worst (technically) MMORPG I've experinced ever.   Blizzard better be damn glad they at least figured out the gameplay aspect because everything on the other end is crap.  From log in Ques to CTD to lag loot to trying to dload patches.  Its all crap and still broken months after launch.  Don't get me wrong the game is a blast when it works.  I'm just feed up with paying a monthly fee for something that I can't play when I want or without frustration.  I "tried" to play Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and Today.  Only luck i had was saturday afternoon for a couple hours before they had to bring the server down "real quick".  Is anyone else reaching the end of they're patience/tolerance level?

morlac00 on PSN
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 08:57:43 PM »

My server has been fine, thankfully (knock on virtual wood.)
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 09:28:48 PM »

Never had a problem or a que either and Whisperwind is a 'high' volume server.
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 09:29:59 PM »

Servers are very loaded right now.  Today most schools are off, it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:18:43 PM »

Quote from: "Torfish"
Servers are very loaded right now.  Today most schools are off, it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Yep just remebred that which explains the que today(sorta never been one before) but not the daily crashes since the 16 hour maintance frown.

morlac00 on PSN
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 11:50:15 PM »

My server (Hyjal) has had nightly outages since the "fix". It starts with flaky behavior, then goes to an all-out dumping of all players. I've gone ahead and created a character on a realm known to be stable (Elune), and I play on that when Hyjal tanks.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 12:01:36 AM »

Quote from: "Jag"
Never had a problem or a que either and Whisperwind is a 'high' volume server.

Same here. My server Deathwing is a high pop server and I've never seen a que either. We had some downtime but its way less than other MMO's I've played. I've personally been very happy with the game. SUcks that there do seem to be issues with some of the servers.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 01:45:24 AM »

I'm just experiencing my first queue ever this afternoon/evening on Cenarius, and I've been playing since launch day (and a month before that).  I'm glad that they do have a maximum number of players allowed so that it doesn't terribly degrade everybody's game, but honestly with the lag, disconnects and other problems I'm not sure how much it helps.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 05:44:37 AM »

I'm on whisperwind, and for a few days after the initial release launch it had queue's.  The longest I waited was 20 minutes (that queue timer was horribly wrong on time left in line btw).  I haven't had to deal with it since, but I really feel for you folks that do.  I hated the queue.  Very frustrating.

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 05:44:38 AM »

got my first queue tonight, and it might've been a good thing. we didn't crash tonight for the first time in a while. I wonder if they use the queue to help control flow and keep things more stable?

I've never had lag on Hyjal.  Maybe once, for a few seconds.
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 05:53:54 AM »

that's exactly what they did.  the servers that were having the worst problems got reduced population caps and therefore queues.  

blizzard is trying to weather a storm right now.  i, for one, am rooting them on to come out the other side smelling like roses.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 02:25:12 PM »

They defiintlly lowered the POP cap on my server.  At 9pm EST last nite there was a hour+(800+ people) wait to get into the game.  On the server list it was listed as medium Population, not even high.  I played yestaerday afternoon for a couple hours and the game seemed to run better.  Only had one enourmous lag spike which of course kileld me but no CTD.  I think the server may have even made it through the whole night without a crash.  This really needs to get fixed soon.  It's too late to lower a population cap this low without offering transfers to different servers.

morlac00 on PSN
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 02:30:29 PM »

I hate to admit it but I got lucky...I spent the weekend (including last Friday) at the beach and missed all of the fun times Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I was able to play last Thursday night and Sunday night and all day Monday with no problems.  Thank goodness I switched from a high pop server to a low pop server before I had advanced too far.  And I thought I was unlucky because I wasn't going to be able to play over the weekend smile
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005, 03:18:29 PM »

Blizzard has addressed the issue in the official forums, here's the full text:

During the server maintenance last Thursday, we performed a major upgrade to some of our database servers. At first the new servers performed flawlessly, but under heavy load at peak times, the new database servers are experiencing performance issues which have resulted in stability problems on certain realms, minor rollbacks and a problem with character retrieval upon login that some of you have reported.

Naturally we do not consider this an acceptable state of play for our customers. We are working around the clock to diagnose and remedy these problems. As a temporary solution, we have placed lower population restrictions on the affected realms; this results in queues when the population reaches a certain number. This is a short-term solution and, while undesirable, is in place to keep the realms more stable while we work on the main cause of the issues.

During the regular maintenance window that is scheduled for tomorrow, we will be making some additional changes that should allow us to increase the population restrictions on the affected realms. Our team is committed to resolving these issues as quickly and efficiently as they can. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2005, 05:25:17 PM »

About goddamn time they get a little informative with the users!  I guess I would have at least expected a cross-post into the Technical Support and Server Status forums (mostly because those are the only ones I check) but at least they did this.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 01:47:42 AM »

They just announced in a fairly large post on their front page saying that players will get 2 free days of play due to the recent server shitstorm.

Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 04:19:08 PM »

That seems reasonable to me.  Looks like I don't have to cancel my billing now, which is what I wanted anyway.   I'm having far too much fun playing to quit just because I'm forced to by not being able to play when I want.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 04:32:05 PM »

Quote from: "Butterknife"
That seems reasonable to me.  Looks like I don't have to cancel my billing now, which is what I wanted anyway.   I'm having far too much fun playing to quit just because I'm forced to by not being able to play when I want.

That doesnt make any sense to me frown.  How can you expect companys to not let this crap happen in the future if your soo complacant.  I have barely been alble to play since last thursday.  I had 2 uniterruptable playing session in late afternoon for about 2 hours each.  The rest of time the server has been down, had a 30 minute - 1.5 hour wait to log in, couldn't log in, missing mailed items, missing AH items, exp rollbacks, loot lag, lag spikes resulting in deaths, etc.  Almost a full week of this nonsense.  I cancelled my account and a measly 2 days of free gaming aint gonna cut it.  I'd love to renew as the game was a lot of fun when it actully worked a couple weeks ago.  Some of you might be ok with a 24 hour paid service dictatting when you can actully play but I wont pay for it.

morlac00 on PSN
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2005, 05:37:54 PM »

Quote from: "morlac"
Quote from: "Butterknife"

That doesnt make any sense to me frown.  How can you expect companys to not let this crap happen in the future if your soo complacant.  I have barely been alble to play since last thursday.  I had 2 uniterruptable playing session in late afternoon for about 2 hours each.  The rest of time the server has been down, had a 30 minute - 1.5 hour wait to log in, couldn't log in, missing mailed items, missing AH items, exp rollbacks, loot lag, lag spikes resulting in deaths, etc.  Almost a full week of this nonsense.  I cancelled my account and a measly 2 days of free gaming aint gonna cut it.  I'd love to renew as the game was a lot of fun when it actully worked a couple weeks ago.  Some of you might be ok with a 24 hour paid service dictatting when you can actully play but I wont pay for it.

I suppose it seems reasonable because I have suffered far less service outages than you have.  This problem obviously varies for each person, some people have been hit particularly hard and others are relatively untouched (based on their server).  For me, it's a reasonable amount of reimbursement for the amount of service outages I have been through.  I can understand if you don't feel that it's enough.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2005, 06:41:39 PM »

Good point Buttery one smile.
The odd thing is that my server ran great a month or so ago when I started but has progressivly gotten worse with each patch.  They got 2 weeks  before my cancellation kicks in so we'll see if  I resub or not.  Unfortunatlly $ is bigger then words so I feel cancelling is my best way to show my displeasure.

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: