http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 03:39:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW - One time character migration coming  (Read 1725 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:59:55 PM »

From the official forums:

[Character migration]
We plan to offer a 1 time migration from high population realms to low peopulation realms to ease the overcrowding. It is currently undergoing implementation/testing. More details to follow.

I don't have probs on my server, but I know a lot of you do.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 08:44:33 PM »

Interesting.  Hopefully they provide accurate numbers for the servers so people can choose wisely.

However, I would have liked to have seen this a while ago, as now that I'm settled in with a guild I'd like to stay with them, and I doubt we could arrange to get all 50 people moved.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 08:58:28 PM »

Future quote from Blizzard:

During the character migration last Thursday, several characters have become temporarily misplaced. At first the character migration occurred flawlessly, but under heavy load at peak times, the character migration experienced performance issues which have resulted in stability problems on certain realms, minor rollbacks and a problem with character retrieval upon login that some of you have reported.

Naturally we do not consider this an acceptable state of play for our customers. We are working around the clock to diagnose and remedy these problems. As a temporary solution, we encourage you to create a character on the unaffected realms. This is a short-term solution and, while undesirable, is in place to keep the realms more stable while we work on the main cause of the issues.

During the regular maintenance window that is scheduled for tomorrow, we will be making some additional changes that should allow us to further screw everything up on the affected realms. Our team is committed to resolving these issues as quickly and efficiently as they can, assuming it doesn't cut into our 15-minute breaks. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 07:29:28 AM »

I predict massive chaos and confusion.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 01:10:41 PM »

Now's the time Tim....get off that damned random server you picked and move to Lothar....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 01:14:59 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Now's the time Tim....get off that damned random server you picked and move to Lothar....

Characters are data.  Moving data should not be very difficult in concept.  Let's hope the execution is well done.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 02:15:56 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

Half the reason I love my damned random server is because nobody plays on it. No lag issues (ever), and no players all over the place fighting for my spawns. biggrin

But it is getting filled up with numnuts as of late...

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 02:54:38 PM »

I've partially left the highly crowded server for a couple different ones with good Alliance/Horde ratios.  I'll be annoyed if those ratios get hosed, and ever server is imbalanced.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Semaj

View Profile
heh
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 05:59:59 PM »

I hope to god they have caps on any server you would want to move to, to keep the populatiosn from getting ridiculous on other servers instead.

They should also definately look into allowing entire guilds to move as a guild.

Will we be allowed to move from PVP to PVE and vice-versa?

If anyone has a better explanation of how this is expected to work, I'd be greatly appreciated.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 10:21:50 PM »

Quote from: "Raven"
I predict massive chaos and confusion.

Cats and dogs, living together...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: